When will we have an express fast bowler?

warne, ha, you havent produced anyone like warne, kumble in his own right was great, but warne is a magician , whats boller? akthar has been cleared by the ICC, like the icc cleared bhajji how bout u compare something pertinent Leg spin -> bowled around the legs Fast Bowler -> Bouncer, breaks the batsmen jaw and falls onto his wicket leg spin -> thru bat/pad fast-> breaks the middle stump into pieces
Yes but Pakistanis used to call him Chuckbhajan singh.....
If we get obsessed with this romatic notion of this big-built quick, running in with his mane fluttering in the air and thundering through the crease, we'll end up a bit like our friends from across the border, who cant seem to think beyond 'phaaaaast' and 'sixxxxxxxxxxx' etc. For most of them, the success of a fast bowler starts and ends with the reading on the spreed gun. It truly does not, ask Glenn Mcgrath.
Glenn McGrath was genuinely quick when he started out. Just watch or read about the '95 tour to the WI. He gave serious chin music to the WI batsmen. For the first time, WI were caught on the backfoot with the short pitch tactics and he really bounced the hell out of their tail specially Walsh and Ambrose. If I were to take a guess he was a mid to late 80s bowler in the first 4-5 seasons of his career.
Is it genetic as well? Are we simply not built to bowl quick? I mean apart from Punjabis and northern Indians' date=' the build of indians is not suitable for extreme pace bowling??? Contreversial I know but the dimunitive stature of many indians in some parts of india is simply not conducive for pace bowling![/quote'] even if thats the case, freaks of genetic recombination will appear, especially in populations as large as india, pakistan, bangladesh. look at the chinese and yao ming. the real reasons are multi-fold, diet, very little genetic (though pakistans are not as genetically "superior" as they might like to think), coaching, and the biggest single factor history. indian history begins and ends with batting. gavasrkar, tendulkar, ganguly, dravid, laxman, azharuddin, etc, etc, etc....the list goes on and on. the youngsters look up to them. just as someone mentioned paki bowlers looking up to the imrans, nawazes, shoaibs, wasims, and waqars. a buddy of mine has played with munaf, irfan, and others in baroda, and he said that back in the day irfan was "easily 90 mph plus". he evne has a scar on the bridge of his nose which he says he copped from a IK Pathan bouncer. now he was prolly exageratting, but as he's played U19 cricket for the US team, i'd put a fair amount of stock in his words. be content with what you have i say while striving honestly for more. a lot of nations would kill to have half the batting talent india has, short ball handicaps notwithstanding. you can't have it all...
even if thats the case, freaks of genetic recombination will appear, especially in populations as large as india, pakistan, bangladesh. look at the chinese and yao ming. the real reasons are multi-fold, diet, very little genetic (though pakistans are not as genetically "superior" as they might like to think), coaching, and the biggest single factor history. indian history begins and ends with batting. gavasrkar, tendulkar, ganguly, dravid, laxman, azharuddin, etc, etc, etc....the list goes on and on. the youngsters look up to them. just as someone mentioned paki bowlers looking up to the imrans, nawazes, shoaibs, wasims, and waqars. a buddy of mine has played with munaf, irfan, and others in baroda, and he said that back in the day irfan was "easily 90 mph plus". he evne has a scar on the bridge of his nose which he says he copped from a IK Pathan bouncer. now he was prolly exageratting, but as he's played U19 cricket for the US team, i'd put a fair amount of stock in his words. be content with what you have i say while striving honestly for more. a lot of nations would kill to have half the batting talent india has, short ball handicaps notwithstanding. you can't have it all...
good post. agree completely...maybe you cant have it all. we have more meat-eaters than pakland, so lack of ghosshhtt is not an excuse. what we lack is great fast bowling idols, who inject the desire to bowl fast in our young boys. however whenver i used to play street cricket, most people were lazy and always wanted to bat. i used to belong to the camp of desiring to see a demon fast bowler in our team, but after seeing a number of fiery bowlers(that includes I sharma...disappointing) turn to trundlers, i have accepted the fact that our strength is our batting and our bowling is just to support it. we may never really get a world class express bowler ever.
good post. agree completely...maybe you cant have it all. we have more meat-eaters than pakland' date=' so lack of ghosshhtt is not an excuse. what we lack is great fast bowling idols, who inject the desire to bowl fast in our young boys. however whenver i used to play street cricket, most people were lazy and always wanted to bat. i used to belong to the camp of desiring to see a demon fast bowler in our team, but after seeing a number of fiery bowlers(that includes I sharma...disappointing) turn to trundlers, i have accepted the fact that our strength is our batting and our bowling is just to support it. we may never really get a world class express bowler ever.[/quote'] a lot has to do with coaching...i doubt pathan was as fast as my buddy says, but certainly he was capable of touchin 140 which i guess he hasn't done for a long while. ishant still hits 140 pretty much every spell he bowls so he's not slow by an stretch of the imagination. its also not true that you won't ever get an express bowler...its just a matter of human reproduction producing that unique combination of genes that get you a "freak of nature"...give it enough time it will happen. if the chinese can get yao ming, anything is possible with time and a big population...
To be honest Steyn would bowl miles faster then rahulrulezz. And steyn would blow THXs middles stump out of the ground.:haha: Moral of the story India needs an express bowler:cantstop:
quite likely... but then again, i am not in the same league as steyn am i? i am however in this midget's league and i know he doesnt have the cojones.
God I wish we had a Steyn' date=' Johnson, Malcom Marshall, Ambrose, Lilleee, Thompson etc. Although I am sure many posters would say its not necessary and be happy with an Irfan Pathan:winky:[/quote'] somewhere someone is wishing for a tendulkar, yuvraj, sehwag, gavaskar, dravid, vishwanath, ganguly etc. but nonetheless, irfan has to go. too much of his lame crap... except when bowling to afridi. maybe we need to get him into a brawl with every batsman around the world to fire him up.
Glenn McGrath was genuinely quick when he started out. Just watch or read about the '95 tour to the WI. He gave serious chin music to the WI batsmen. For the first time' date=' WI were caught on the backfoot with the short pitch tactics and he really bounced the hell out of their tail specially Walsh and Ambrose. If I were to take a guess he was a mid to late 80s bowler in the first 4-5 seasons of his career.[/quote'] He must have been. I remember him clocking 86-87 mph in 1999 World Cup semi v SA and I'm guessing he was a lot quicker in 95

Mcgrath was definitely a notch faster as a youngster, my argument would be was it more conducive to his success? I think not, there is no arguing that he will go down in history as one of the greats of fast bowling(just look at those figures) but this was more garnered by his unerring line and length than his blistering pace. Im not saying raw pace has no place, recently the spell Tait bowled in the T20 against SA where he hit De Villiers(who had to retire hurt), had Kallis defending his face with his gloves and not given out, and had another batsmen sky a delivery shows how unsettling it can be. That Johnson spell in the Test where Kallis and Smith went off injured was high 140's touching on 150kph,

quite likely... but then again' date=' i am not in the same league as steyn am i? i am however in this midget's league and i know he doesnt have the cojones.[/quote'] lol... midget??... u couch warmer and parantha farter, forget boxing in ring, have u ever even wore boxing gloves.... this midget can break you into two pieces.......just go and eat ur mooli ka paranthas
lol... midget??... u couch warmer and parantha farter' date=' forget boxing in ring, have u ever even wore boxing gloves.... this midget can break you into two pieces.......just go and eat ur mooli ka paranthas[/quote'] have i ever even 'wore' boxing gloves. no i have not. but we were talking about cricket weren't we? or are we changing sports? because if we are, then i know a of few that you might find yourself quite outfoxed at.
lol... midget??... u couch warmer and parantha farter' date=' forget boxing in ring, have u ever even wore boxing gloves.... this midget can break you into two pieces.......just go and eat ur mooli ka paranthas[/quote']
have i ever even 'wore' boxing gloves. no i have not. but we were talking about cricket weren't we? or are we changing sports? because if we are' date=' then i know a of few that you might find yourself quite outfoxed at.[/quote'] Tell me one thing. Do you guys have any chances of making it to the canadian and the US national team respectively ? If not we will be well served to do away with this breaking bones thingy. If yes, than we will talk after you guys have actually faced each other :cantstop:
Pakis have the same genes as us. Most if not all didnt come from arabia/iran in fact forefathers of most mulsims in India and Pak used to be hindus ... so genes is not an issue .. diet maybe a factor but Im sure we have more non vegetarians than the population of Pakistan :giggle:. Its all about getting inspired plus I dont think intelligent people want to run all day to get couple of wickets when they can spin and get more wickets without as much effort Note : My post is not about religion ... its just about history
desi bhai over 70 percent of paki population has punjabi genes , so i beg to differ from u that pakis have same genes
Tell me one thing. Do you guys have any chances of making it to the canadian and the US national team respectively ? If not we will be well served to do away with this breaking bones thingy. If yes' date=' than we will talk after you guys have actually faced each other :cantstop:[/quote'] far from representing any national team. but i am enjoying this simple idiot's threats so let me have a little fun please!
desi bhai over 70 percent of paki population has punjabi genes ' date=' so i beg to differ from u that pakis have same genes[/quote'] just to dispel a common myth: a punjabi and a resident of sicily have more genetic similarity than that between the hottentots and the masai. all the world's resident are descendants from a very small pool of genetic variation, most of whom occupied north africa some 200,000 years ago. so no, pakis and indian are virtually genetically identical. and this similarity extends to even the darkest south indian and the fairest pashtun. features such as skin color or hair texture is determined by an extremely small amount of the total genetic code.
Mcgrath was definitely a notch faster as a youngster, my argument would be was it more conducive to his success? I think not, there is no arguing that he will go down in history as one of the greats of fast bowling(just look at those figures) but this was more garnered by his unerring line and length than his blistering pace. Im not saying raw pace has no place, recently the spell Tait bowled in the T20 against SA where he hit De Villiers(who had to retire hurt), had Kallis defending his face with his gloves and not given out, and had another batsmen sky a delivery shows how unsettling it can be. That Johnson spell in the Test where Kallis and Smith went off injured was high 140's touching on 150kph,
I rate McGrath very high - higher than a lot of people - he would make my all time World XI as one of the opening bowlers along with Marshall. And his initial success had a lot to do with pace and aggression. There is no denying that he relied on line and length and subtle changes off the pitch during the latter half of his career, but those were tricks he picked up along the way. His initial mod of operation was pace and bounce, much like Ambrose. Again, I am not saying that everyone should just start bowling fast, but having pace in the initial stages of your career is a huge advantage. Even when things are not going your way, you can pick up wickets because of sheer pace and then of course develop other tricks and trades along the way to not solely rely on it. I just feel that any great team should have either an out an out fast bowler or wrist spinner, because these are people who can win you matches from nowhere in just one spell of bowling, preferably both. I am yet to see a great team which did not have either one and relied on line and length merchants and finger spinners.