Selectors must ignore IPL lottery performances

As otherwise you end up with classless players like Nehra and Jadeja. We need to pick quailty players and preferably players who can be seen to develop in to good test players as well. Not players who happen to have some decent stats in IPl 20/20 lottery cricket Can't believe the selctors have picked Nehra. Just shows all lottery IPL perfomances should be discounted and instead we should look for genuine class and performances in first class cricket. As we end up with rubbish like Nehra and to some extent Jadeja!

He is hardly class either. He will never be a test players or good odi player. He is just one of those bits and pieces players, joe average who should not be in the team. Want genuine class players
And you've judged this based on 2 ODIs, of which, in the first he got a half-century when no other player did - don't forget that it was his first exposure to Mendis and Murali in Sri Lanka. He's 20 years old. And you're using words like "never".

Jadeja is average. He was selected purley on IPL performances. He does not have the class and will never be test player. The point is cant just pick players based on lottery IPL performances. We must look at their first class performances to see if they required class for India. Otherwise we end up with crap like Nehra

Jadeja is average. He was selected purley on IPL performances. He does not have the class and will never be test player. The point is cant just pick players based on lottery IPL performances. We must look at their first class performances to see if they required class for India. Otherwise we end up with crap like Nehra
dsr, do you know who was amongst the highest wicket takers in Ranji's Last Season ? http://stats.cricinfo.com/ranjisperleague2008/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=4478;type=tournament

He does not have the class. He is a bits and pieces player. Joe average. Balaji took loads of wickets as well, also Pathan!!!! They are rubbish as well. Got to look at how they play and wether they have technique and ability to do the business at international level. Instead someone like Jadeja as you all know was picked on his ILP 2 perfomances. He is average. What about Nehra? Can you not see my wider point on how good IPL stat perfomances have resulted in his selection, without seemingly looking at the quality of the player itself. He is abysmal bowling at 79 mph and yet gets selected??

You are writing off someone at the age of 20' date=' who has scored 750 runs and taken 42 wickets in his first Full Ranji Season?[/quote'] Fair enough he has a potential. And I am not writing him of then. Although his game does not impress me yet and I feel he needs A tour perfomances before I would select him ! He would not be in my squad and was picked for the WC with no prior India perfomances! Seems to me he was thrown in cos of IPL 2 perfomances. This thread to be frank was more about Nehra and his selction based on IPL perfomances. Selectors need to be very careful about hading out India caps based mainly on IPL performances.
You are writing off someone at the age of 20' date=' who has scored 750 runs and taken 42 wickets in his first Full Ranji Season?[/quote'] If u go by the stats alone, dhoni would be one of the classiest ODI player ever same with Bevan. Jadeja might be super handy like a duct tape but he nowhere near classy.