How can this guy be any worse than this top order batsmen in West Indies?

Guest Hiten.
Tree quick wickets down.....how can fineleg let such an opportunity go?
You mean goneth the wicket, cometh fineleg ? :dontknow:
Tree quick wickets down.....how can fineleg let such an opportunity go?
Yeah, you talk about everything else, but the fact that Rohit Wonderboy is a NoShow in ODIs, and how much Dravid could have helped in the absence of SRT/Sehwag here. If this match goes down, it will clearly be due to the lack of a stabilizing influence in the form of atleast one legend in the top order.
Yeah' date=' you talk about everything else, but the fact that Rohit Wonderboy is a NoShow in ODIs, and how much Dravid could have helped in the absence of SRT/Sehwag here.[/quote'] RD , SCG and even SRT are the past ... learn to live with reality ... India is not always gonna win by 10 wickets or 200 runs

Look, Dravid is a self-respecting man. He has scored over 10,000+ runs for India in ODIs. He is not a part of your second string XI, which is what this is. I would curse Srikkanth and BCCI if they selected someone like Dravid after choosing to not have any seniors barring Sachin in the team for about 2 years now. Thats a Pakistani attitude, not an Indian one. We fight till death with what we are given, and not cry about what could've, should've happened/been done. We stay committed to a plan that the captain said has to be implemented - which is to develop a core side for India for the World Cup 2011, with each player having played about 80-100 ODIs. Thats what being done. Whats the point of bringing Dravid here? When will these "kids" learn that there is more to cricket than hitting everyball for a six or a four? If they are looking for inspiration, they can try and look at Dravid's knocks in England in WC 1999 or several such innings. No need to bring him back for one series, and then keep him in hibernation until you need to use him again. Thats pathetic.

Look, Dravid is a self-respecting man. He has scored over 10,000+ runs for India in ODIs. He is not a part of your second string XI, which is what this is. I would curse Srikkanth and BCCI if they selected someone like Dravid after choosing to not have any seniors barring Sachin in the team for about 2 years now. Thats a Pakistani attitude, not an Indian one. We fight till death with what we are given, and not cry about what could've, should've happened/been done. We stay committed to a plan that the captain said has to be implemented - which is to develop a core side for India for the World Cup 2011, with each player having played about 80-100 ODIs. Thats what being done. Whats the point of bringing Dravid here? When will these "kids" learn that there is more to cricket than hitting everyball for a six or a four? If they are looking for inspiration, they can try and look at Dravid's knocks in England in WC 1999 or several such innings. No need to bring him back for one series, and then keep him in hibernation until you need to use him again. Thats pathetic.
++

Bringing Dravid back just for this series may be bad. I agreed after Yoda mentioned that point, and I agree with you graphic. I just dont think that kaptaan kewl and BCCI should have dumped Dravid from ODIs. He is a very good contributor, and they were wrong in dropping him. Anyway, it was frustrating to see the top order be so irresponsible today.

Guest Hiten.
Yeah, you talk about everything else, but the fact that Rohit Wonderboy is a NoShow in ODIs, and how much Dravid could have helped in the absence of SRT/Sehwag here. If this match goes down, it will clearly be due to the lack of a stabilizing influence in the form of atleast one legend in the top order.
You do realize the legends won't be there forever to bail our asses out. So why don't you let it go and live the reality ? This is not the first time India's top order has collapsed and certainly this won't be the last time. India crumbled to 53 runs against the Sri Lankans when the legends were in the team and no one there consolidated. Stop worshipping Rahul Dravid and like Rohan, accept the fact that neither Laxman or RSD will make it to Indian ODI squad. Lastly, people here are losing patience with Rohit Sharma but we don't go whine about it in every thread and christening the player (well you borrowed it ...). Want more explanations now ?
Guest Hiten.
Bringing Dravid back just for this series may be bad. I agreed after Yoda mentioned that point, and I agree with you graphic. I just dont think that kaptaan kewl and BCCI should have dumped Dravid from ODIs. He is a very good contributor, and they were wrong in dropping him. Anyway, it was frustrating to see the top order be so irresponsible today.
Oh boy. So this thread's main reason is Why was RD dropped in first place, eh ? Oh finey :hail:

^ I hope they kick wonderboy out, and get another batsman from the current squad for next 2 ODIs. If the dhoni picks R.S. again in 3rd ODI, it is retarded. And, I have only mentioned abt RS recently in two threads, and thanks for your suggestion, but I know what to say about him and where.

Did they not prove you wrong by winning in Australia, of all places, without Dravid and Laxman? If you had seen Rahul Dravid bat in the Australia series at home in 2007 September? He was fielding poorly, he was batting poorly. It was a fair decision. This comes from a guy who likes Dravid more than you do, because I like him for all the contributions he's given to Indian cricket, and I will refuse to say that I like Dravid because everyone else thinks Sachin is God. I like Dravid for what he's done - not what the others didn't do, or whatever.
Oh boy. So this thread's main reason is Why was RD dropped in first place' date=' eh ? Oh finey :hail:[/quote'] No it was abt this WI tour. But yoda and graphic's point abt Dravid is right. So, maybe this tour serves its purpose where the selectors learn about what each player in the current squad can or cannot do.
Guest Hiten.
No it was abt this WI tour. But yoda and graphic's point abt Dravid is right. So' date=' maybe this tour serves its purpose where the selectors learn about what each player in the current squad can or cannot do.[/quote'] It is not about this WI tour. Don't play naive here, finey :nono: