How can this guy be any worse than this top order batsmen in West Indies?

BCCI should have selected him for the WI ODI tour. Yeah, he may not be in the picture for WC 2011. But, does that mean we have to play with jokers like Nohit Sharma - in ODIs, Nohit has been a disaster. Two quick wickets, and he goes for a loose shot when he had just faced 1 ball. Gambhir :dontknow: The "poke" - all his old defects which he corrected seems to come back and haunt him and the team now. Dinesh Karthik - he got a good score in previous match, so will wait and see. Dravid ought to have been in this WI tour given no Sehwag, no SRT, no Raina...
Guest Hiten.

If you include RD in the scheme of ODI's again, how exactly will you test the current lot when the "important" players are missing from action ? Sure RD would have been asset but where would have that taken us ? We would be still searching for answers when it came to our Middle order batsman, no ? P.S: Worshipper.... OTT

Yes, we could use RD even today. That said, I was and still am all for players to retire when on top and not when they are past their shelf life. It gives us a chance to see some new faces and gives more players a chance to play for the country instead of the same guys hogging the spotlight.

Nohit Sharma wont take us anywhere in ODIs. So, lets forget him for ODIs - absolute disaster in ODIs. Ok, we want to try a few other youngsters fine, lets try them. But given that already no SRT, Sehwag and Raina, atleast one veteran who can stabilize things if needed could have been added to the mix. Dravid has done well in WI (for that matter in so many other places too). No harm in mixing up the next-gen with one Dravid in absence of SRT. Gambhir is sleep walking and 7/2 instantly becomes 7/3

Guest Hiten.
Nohit Sharma wont take us anywhere in ODIs. So, lets forget him for ODIs - absolute disaster in ODIs. Ok, we want to try a few other youngsters fine, lets try them. But given that already no SRT, Sehwag and Raina, atleast one veteran who can stabilize things if needed could have been added to the mix. Dravid has done well in WI (for that matter in so many other places too). No harm in mixing up the next-gen with one Dravid in absence of SRT. Gambhir is sleep walking and 7/2 instantly becomes 7/3
Gambhir has been our best bat in the ODI's past 1 year. IIRC, this is his second series that he has failed in. Cut some slack. Like Dhoni, GG has been playing non-stop Tests, ODI's, T20's and IPL.

Let it go Fineleg Do something else to take your mind off cricket instead of lamenting in the team's miseries. Anyways, there's very little if anything the average fan can accomplish by their venting their frustrations through meaningless ramblings on an online message board. Nobody is listening. Just be greatful for what we have and what we have achieved. I can't tell you how sorry I feel for M.S. Dhoni. Worked to the bone, being asked to prove himself despite of what he's already achieved.

yoda, Given that Dravid has not yet "retired" from ODIs, he must be thinking he can still contribute. So, this series where the other seniors had to be rested was a good opportunity for selectors to think of him. blue brigade, I can cut some slack for Gambhir. Ok. Can't do the same for Nohit.

BCCI should have selected him for the WI ODI tour. Yeah, he may not be in the picture for WC 2011. But, does that mean we have to play with jokers like Nohit Sharma - in ODIs, Nohit has been a disaster. Two quick wickets, and he goes for a loose shot when he had just faced 1 ball. Gambhir :dontknow: The "poke" - all his old defects which he corrected seems to come back and haunt him and the team now. Dinesh Karthik - he got a good score in previous match, so will wait and see. Dravid ought to have been in this WI tour given no Sehwag, no SRT, no Raina...
I have someone who would have been EVEN better than Dravid for this Windies tour, because he has a VERY good record against the Windies; http://www.rediff.com/sports/1999/jul/09pic2.jpg
Guest Hiten.

Why did you have to include (or tried to) RD's wallpaper in a discussion thread ? If that is not worshipping then what is ? :cantstop:

yoda, Given that Dravid has not yet "retired" from ODIs, he must be thinking he can still contribute. So, this series where the other seniors had to be rested was a good opportunity for selectors to think of him. blue brigade, I can cut some slack for Gambhir. Ok. Can't do the same for Nohit.
You can't drop a legend like him and bring him in when a few players are injured. That would be insulting to Dravid. I would rather they not do that.
You can't drop a legend like him and bring him in when a few players are injured. That would be insulting to Dravid. I would rather they not do that.
True. I'd have to agree with you on that, yoda. I think this way (not including him) - does have one good thing. It exposes some of the FTBs who masquerade as top order batsmen. Maybe that is the purpose of this tour.
fineleg' date=' please make yourself clear. DO you think that Gautam Gambhir is a FTB ?[/quote'] Talking abt the over hyped one there (the#3 batsman, the supposedly "next Tendulkar" :laugh: and amits' favorite quota player) Regarding Gambhir - he saved us in NZ in Tests and other countries, so not FTB. But he has gotten back all his past mistakes recently in IPL and T20WC and this tour so far. He has to work himself out of the old mistakes.