Talented Vs Hard working

How many Indian players are talented versus players who work hard on their limited ability? Tendulkar is sure one of those with talents whereas Rahul Dravid is one who works hard and is not talented as Tendulkar when you compare each other. But looking at both you are certain that individual talents always do not bring success to a team! Yuvaraj Singh, Dhoni has shown their talents whereas if you look at players like Karthik or Kaif they get into the team just by hard work not because of any superior ability. On the bowlers, I think the only one with talent is Sreesanth who could bounce the ball on a favoring pitch in South Africa like any other good pace bowler. Munaf Patel seems to be a hardworking chap not talented as Sreesanth. Do you agree to this classification? Talented vs hard working? Who do you think are the most genuinely talented players in current Indian team?

Re: Talented Vs Hard working Harsha Bhogle on Sachin "The legacy sachin will leave behind is , If you marry an outstanding work ethic with whatever talent you are born with , then there is not a lot you cant acheive in life"..

Re: Talented Vs Hard working

Talented - Yuvraj , Dhoni , Sreesanth , Agarkar , Harbhajan , Uthappa Hardworking - Rahul , Kaif , Karthik , Powar , Kumble Sachin - Talented + hardworking
Agarkar - Talented? This guy came into international stage with too much hype. Some people called him the next KapilDev. He has played more than 180 ODIs still cannot cement his place in the side. And just returns to the squad because of Sachin. I dont rate him talented or hard working.

Harsha Bhogle on Sachin "The legacy sachin will leave behind is , If you marry an outstanding work ethic with whatever talent you are born with , then there is not a lot you cant acheive in life"..
That is from ESPN - The Difference.. see what i have posted, that is a different interview..

Talented - Yuvraj , Dhoni , Sreesanth , Agarkar , Harbhajan , Uthappa Hardworking - Rahul , Kaif , Karthik , Powar , Kumble Sachin - Talented + hardworking
Agarkar - Talented? This guy came into international stage with too much hype. Some people called him the next KapilDev. He has played more than 180 ODIs still cannot cement his place in the side. And just returns to the squad because of Sachin. I dont rate him talented or hard working.
Look at it this way, he is more talented than he is hard-working :lmao:

Look at it this way, he is more talented than he is hard-working :lmao:
Oh cool...so i work abs zero and if somebody asks about me , i can always answer --" oh well , i am more talented than hardworking..".. :hic:

Re: Talented Vs Hard working Kumble brings in an unique bowling style which I have never seen in any other players. He cannot be called a medium pace bowler or a spinner. But is rated the most successful bowler India has ever produced. I call him both talented and genius!

Re: Talented Vs Hard working They are all incredibly talented, but only Dravid, Kumble and Tendulkar have what i would call, an exceptional work-ethic. Dravid and Kumble's toil was just a consequence of all the criticism and challenges they had to face at certain stages of their career - especially Dravid. Tendulkar was always a hard working guy. He had to be - as cricket became his livelihood at a very young age. Wasim Jaffer is another one - not the most talented, but he has a tremendous work-ethic and a real sense of resilience. I haven't seen any Indian batsman get another chance after two separate axings...Jaffer is the man.

Agarkar - Talented? This guy came into international stage with too much hype. Some people called him the next KapilDev..
Well, when a 19 year old bowler breaks a long-standing record within his first year... ...and Agarkar IS talented. He can bowl unplayable deliveries - those inswinging yorkers have cleaned up the best of the best. You don't take 258 ODI wickets if you are talentless.

They are all incredibly talented, but only Dravid, Kumble and Tendulkar have what i would call, an exceptional work-ethic. Dravid and Kumble's toil was just a consequence of all the criticism and challenges they had to face at certain stages of their career - especially Dravid. Tendulkar was always a hard working guy. He had to be - as cricket became his livelihood at a very young age. Wasim Jaffer is another one - not the most talented, but he has a tremendous work-ethic and a real sense of resilience. I haven't seen any Indian batsman get another chance after two separate axings...Jaffer is the man.
I see talent as a superior ability rarely seen in others. What makes you think Dravid as talented guy? I think his patience to stay in the crease for long pays high dividents. When you look at Tendulkar you see the class you would rarely see in others but it is negligible to find any when Dravid bats. I rate him highly for his persistence but not for any marked innate ability!

I see talent as a superior ability rarely seen in others. What makes you think Dravid as talented guy? I think his patience to stay in the crease for long pays high dividents. When you look at Tendulkar you see the class you would rarely see in others but it is negligible to find any when Dravid bats. I rate him highly for his persistence but not for any marked innate ability!
I'd rather not compare anyone to Tendulkar - he is peerless Dravid is very talented. Look at the shots he plays, FFS. He has one of the best cover-drives and square cuts in the business. Immaculate defensive technique. Hard work can only take you so far - you can have all the concentration in the world, the best temperament, but if you don't have the talent to play then you won't make it. Dravid has both

Agarkar - Talented? This guy came into international stage with too much hype. Some people called him the next KapilDev..
Well, when a 19 year old bowler breaks a long-standing record within his first year... ...and Agarkar IS talented. He can bowl unplayable deliveries - those inswinging yorkers have cleaned up the best of the best. You don't take 258 ODI wickets if you are talentless.
He's labelled an ODI player for most of his career. You have to also see that he played just 26 Tests in 9 years and that shows how much of his talents are valued at the highest form of the game!

He's labelled an ODI player for most of his career. You have to also see that he played just 26 Tests in 9 years and that shows how much of his talents are valued at the highest form of the game!
...you're missing the point. Who cares how his career went. You're asking me if he was talented. Answer = YES. There have been plenty of talented Indian cricketers who didn't even get a fair chance at international level, let alone 26 tests.