Ponting in the Ashes

Mamu

Mate you're a tool' date=' what evidence do you have that he didn't catch that? Whats wrong with him claiming the catch if he thought he did? As for Ponting you don't even know what he said. I tell you an excuse, an excuse is that you completely exaggerate.[/quote'] Only a fool like you does not know what he was saying. You would be very naive if you don't know. A fielder knows if the catch has been taken clearly, I agree diving forward can be confusing and so I give the benefit of the doubt to Hauritz. As far as Ponting is concerned, why else would he go and talk to the umpire and KP after the decision has been made. Please care to venture out an explanation.
Mate you're a tool' date=' what evidence do you have that he didn't catch that? Whats wrong with him claiming the catch if he thought he did? As for Ponting you don't even know what he said. I tell you an excuse, an excuse is that you completely exaggerate.[/quote'] Isn't the fact that his team mates were not enthusiastic about the catch evidence enough that it wasn't, even if you don't want to believe the replays? I don't care what Ponting said or what he did not. What business does he have talking to the umpire and the non striker after the decision was made?
Only a fool like you does not know what he was saying. You would be very naive if you don't know. A fielder knows if the catch has been taken clearly' date=' I agree diving forward can be confusing and so I give the benefit of the doubt to Hauritz. As far as Ponting is concerned, why else would he go and talk to the umpire and KP after the decision has been made. Please care to venture out an explanation.[/quote'] I'm a fool am I? I think you're the fool for just presuming the worst. He obviously did go to the umpire to say something to do with it im not that stupid, but what is wrong with that? He is the captain right? So he's not allowed to go to the umpire after a decision has been made? Wow I'm so surprised he was a little upset after what I feel was a 50/50 call went against him. This is the same umpire who made a crap call against him in the 1st innings. It could a been an honest conversation, but nooo because it's Ponting he is guilty!
Isn't the fact that his team mates were not enthusiastic about the catch evidence enough that it wasn't, even if you don't want to believe the replays? I don't care what Ponting said or what he did not. What business does he have talking to the umpire and the non striker after the decision was made?
Erm maybe it's because they wern't sure that he took the catch? It's pretty hard to tell, even from the replays you can't tell! There is not enough evidence to say he caught it or to say that he didn't. Therefore it's a 50/50 call. Again, he is captain right? If he can't talk to the umpire about a decision, then what the hell can he talk to them about.
I'm a fool am I? I think you're the fool for just presuming the worst. He obviously did go to the umpire to say something to do with it im not that stupid, but what is wrong with that? He is the captain right? So he's not allowed to go to the umpire after a decision has been made? Wow I'm so surprised he was a little upset after what I feel was a 50/50 call went against him. This is the same umpire who made a crap call against him in the 1st innings. It could a been an honest conversation, but nooo because it's Ponting he is guilty!
No, according to the spirit of cricket he is supposed to get on with the game without any tantrums or conversations after the decision has been made. That's the spirit I've played cricket with and I suppose that was the spirit Ponting was propounding a few days back. Crap call? He was plumb leg before if the umpire had not thought he hit the ball. He should thank Rudi for the extra 2 minutes he spent on the pitch at Lords.
Erm maybe it's because they wern't sure that he took the catch? It's pretty hard to tell, even from the replays you can't tell! There is not enough evidence to say he caught it or to say that he didn't. Therefore it's a 50/50 call. Again, he is captain right? If he can't talk to the umpire about a decision, then what the hell can he talk to them about.
The spirit of the game as I have played and understood it is that the umpires decision is final and unquestionable. The very same spirit Ponting was talking about a few days back.
I'm a fool am I? I think you're the fool for just presuming the worst. He obviously did go to the umpire to say something to do with it im not that stupid' date=' but what is wrong with that? [b']He is the captain right? So he's not allowed to go to the umpire after a decision has been made? Wow I'm so surprised he was a little upset after what I feel was a 50/50 call went against him. This is the same umpire who made a crap call against him in the 1st innings. It could a been an honest conversation, but nooo because it's Ponting he is guilty!
That is where you are mistaken. No player is supposed to go to the umpire after a decision has been made. It was not a 50/50 call, the ball had clearly hit the ground before it carried onto his hands, watch the replays again and you'll know. Also, as you say even if it is a 50/50, the benefit of the doubt goes to the batsman. I am not presuming the worst, I am just presuming the usual that can be expected from Ponting. He keeps doing it time and again and I still don't understand how you think he did not do anything. No fielder was sure about the catch, Ponting should just mind his business and carry on after the decision has been made. No excuse in the spirit of the game can justify his walking to the umpire, even if it is just casual.
It is NOT a 50/50 call. IMO the ball clearly hit the ground.
No, according to the spirit of cricket he is supposed to get on with the game without any tantrums or conversations after the decision has been made. That's the spirit I've played cricket with and I suppose that was the spirit Ponting was propounding a few days back. Crap call? He was plumb leg before if the umpire had not thought he hit the ball. He should thank Rudi for the extra 2 minutes he spent on the pitch at Lords.
Whatever if thats what you classify as spirit of the game then ok you're right. But I see nothing wrong with questioning the umpire. Well, it was a crap call wasn't it because he thought he hit it when clearly he didn't.

Ponting must have gone to the umpire and suggested that he should have taken the word of the fielder i.e Hauritz in this case. Hauritz clearly celebrated after taking the cactch. He dint say he wasnt sure. However, Bopara stood his g round and Rudi himself had a doubt and hence went upstairs. Dont you see where Ponting is coming from? He wants to again make a case for himself that the word of the fielder should be accepted in such cases. What an idiot i say.

That is where you are mistaken. No player is supposed to go to the umpire after a decision has been made. It was not a 50/50 call' date=' the ball had clearly hit the ground before it carried onto his hands, watch the replays again and you'll know. Also, as you say even if it is a 50/50, the benefit of the doubt goes to the batsman. I am not presuming the worst, I am just presuming the usual that can be expected from Ponting. He keeps doing it time and again and I still don't understand how you think he did not do anything. No fielder was sure about the catch, Ponting should just mind his business and carry on after the decision has been made. [b']No excuse in the spirit of the game can justify his walking to the umpire, even if it is just casual.
I don't know about that, it still seems a bit 50/50 to me. You can't tell me you are certain that he didn't catch that. Fair enough on the benefit of the doubt going with the batsman, I am happy enough with the decision but I think it was close enough for Ponting to have something to say about it, why he can't do that I don't understand. I don't think people can say that wasn't in the spirit of the game when what was said is uncertain. Like I said in my previous post, if thats what you consider in the spirit of the game then you are right, but I don't see it that way. I think it's fine for him to talk to the umpire, I don't see whats wrong with it. Anyways, I feel like I'm wasting my time defending Ponting it's obvious that with anything he does people will just use it as an opportunity to come on here and gloat about it, calling him a cheat blah blah. If that was say Dhoni, I doubt we would be having this conversation. In fact I know we wouldnt.
Ponting must have gone to the umpire and suggested that he should have taken the word of the fielder i.e Hauritz in this case. Hauritz clearly celebrated after taking the cactch. He dint say he wasnt sure. However, Bopara stood his g round and Rudi himself had a doubt and hence went upstairs. Dont you see where Ponting is coming from? He wants to again make a case for himself that the word of the fielder should be accepted in such cases. What an idiot i say.
In this case Ponting is not just being an idiot (his default state), but also being shameless and a hypocrite.