Ponting in the Ashes

Mamu

Non-sense ! -- Ponting and Spirit? Give me a break! That moron had broken enough rules over the 5 days -- he knew -- if he did anything worse he would be banned. Regarding umpiring the Lousy Aus Media is doing enough whinging --- don't forget this same Aus Media -- kept quiet during the atrocious (and may I say far more atrocious) decisions that were given during the 2 Sydney Tests ! :finger: Ponting. I hope more follows.
Not really ! there were many articles in the Aussie press which criticized Aus team and Ponting after the SCG TEST
Not really ! there were many articles in the Aussie press which criticized Aus team and Ponting after the SCG TEST
I think people already haver there minds made up tbh mate. Mamu, do you live in Australia? cause I'd be surprised, I think our media is pretty fair when it comes to things like this.
I think people already haver there minds made up tbh mate. Mamu, do you live in Australia? cause I'd be surprised, I think our media is pretty fair when it comes to things like this.
Are you talking about the same media which has published this kind of rubbish immediately after sydney test? http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/a-class-act-opinions-differ/2008/01/04/1198950076545.html?page=3 And this, blaming the IPL for Oz's poor performances http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cricket/the-ipls-big-money-curse/2009/01/04/1231003847886.html
While a lot of saner people did crticize there were quite q few right wing articles taking the whole umpiring episode to whole new dimension. I was very very upset at the Aus Media drama -- at the Monkey Gate Scandal and how it ended. ALL the articles made scathing remarks at BCCI for arm twisting CA to throw the case out but NOBODY pointed out that it was a wrong judgement to begin with and the root cause of the whole issue -- "Did Harbhajan use the word or not?" --- There was no proof of it and it should have ended -- right there. But the whole Aus Media put such a spin on the whole story -- made it sound like Not Only did Harbhajan was at Fault FOR SURE -- BUT also -- how BCCI arm twisted CA in changing a TRUTH to a FALSE -- Where as the matter of fact remained --- BCCI arm twisted CA to accept the TRUTH as a TRUTH and that is that and that is it.!!