Ganguly needs to retire

Re: Ganguly needs to retire

but dude.. u r forgetting that all of those scores have come with more balls faced... when u bat with 2 fielders outside 30 yards.... u gotta score quickly..
Ganguly has scored these runs at around 70 strike rate- a bit slow but he is there to play the role of a sheet anchor at the top of the order, much like an aeging Desmond Haynes did. The funda to ODIs is simple - if you are going to eat up balls, score good runs. Which is what Ganguly has been doing. And at the end of the day, its about runs on the board,not run-rate. Sehwag's 20-ball 25 are far less valuable than Ganguly's 100 ball 70s.

but dude.. u r forgetting that all of those scores have come with more balls faced... when u bat with 2 fielders outside 30 yards.... u gotta score quickly..
Ganguly has scored these runs at around 70 strike rate- a bit slow but he is there to play the role of a sheet anchor at the top of the order, much like an aeging Desmond Haynes did. The funda to ODIs is simple - if you are going to eat up balls, score good runs. Which is what Ganguly has been doing. And at the end of the day, its about runs on the board,not run-rate. Sehwag's 20-ball 25 are far less valuable than Ganguly's 100 ball 70s.
so u r one of ppl who bought the "playing anchor" bs admit it.. he was playing for his place in the team... and succeeded in making chapple look like an idiot for dropping him :hic: the dude had a SR of somewhere around 50s against BERMUDA.. b4 he got some runs at the end..

he had a 51 SR against bangladesh. but yes, i forgot. SR doesn't mean anything. my bad. :hmph:

Dropping Ganguly now, that he is showing some good form with the bat finally, would be a ridiculous thing to do. Ganguly has been a revelation in batting since he was recalled. Here is his record : 51*, 25,0, 26, 66,46 : 213 @ 42.60 - bear in mind this was a series in South Africa, a place where Indian batsmen are traditionally pretty weak in and the series was a very low scoring affair. in ODIs : 98,13,68,62,48,58*,66,89,7 : 509 @ 63.62 Dropping him now would be silly.
I 100% agree with you

he had a 51 SR against bangladesh. but yes, i forgot. SR doesn't mean anything. my bad. :hmph:
I rather have him score 60 odd with a low SR than get out earley trying to go over the top.

I rather have him score 60 odd with a low SR than get out earley trying to go over the top.
The need to go over the top wouldn't arise if the already set batsman could rotate the strike or raise the RR. Take it from a bigger fan of Ganguly than you are, he sucked in that match.

The need to go over the top wouldn't arise if the already set batsman could rotate the strike or raise the RR. Take it from a bigger fan of Ganguly than you are, he sucked in that match.
How can you say he sucked in that match, he got the highest score atleast he go some runs, what did Tendulkar do in that match he got 7 runs, atleast Ganguly put up a fight, how can you say Ganguly sucked in that match, when he got 66, If you say Ganguly sucked then Tendulkar sucked even more as he couldn't get into double figures, he got 7. I think getting 66 with a SR of 51 is better than getting 7 runs. You are so biest towards Tendulkar.

The need to go over the top wouldn't arise if the already set batsman could rotate the strike or raise the RR. Take it from a bigger fan of Ganguly than you are' date=' he sucked in that match.[/quote'] How can you say he sucked in that match, he got the highest score atleast he go some runs, what did Tendulkar do in that match he got 7 runs, atleast Ganguly put up a fight, how can you say Ganguly sucked in that match, when he got 66, If you say Ganguly sucked then Tendulkar sucked even more as he couldn't get into double figures, he got 7. I think getting 66 with a SR of 51 is better than getting 7 runs. You are so biest towards Tendulkar.
Yes Tendulkar sucked even more, where did I say otherwise? When you have a set batsman and new one, let me know who is supposed to take the risky shots.

Re: Ganguly needs to retire i would want a batsman to get out cheaply, than playing that ugly innings, scoring 66 of like 120+ balls, this is ODI, not a test. Atleast tendulkar gave a chance for other batsman, where gangu occupied almost 25 overs with ONLY 66 runs, AWEFUL opener now.

i would want a batsman to get out cheaply' date=' than playing that ugly innings, scoring 66 of like 120+ balls, this is ODI, not a test. Atleast tendulkar gave a chance for other batsman, where gangu occupied almost 25 overs with ONLY 66 runs, AWEFUL opener now.[/quote'] Ganguly, like all of the other batsmen struggled on that pitch but atleast he gave us a glimmer of hope. Ganguly played that shot because we needed quick runs, at the end of the innings, all batsmen would slogg at the end of the innings. Sometimes if the runs are hard to come by, you don't just give up your wicket. If you like flamboint batsmen that just hit and get out becuase they are struggling to get runs, then support Sehwag and Tendulkar, but if you like batsmen that are gritty and don't give their wicket away then you should like supporting Dravid and Kaif and even Ganguly as he showed that on that pitch it wasn't impossible to bat. If you prefer batsmen that give their wickets away easlily then you don't know much about cricket.

I agree with Parth and Anakin - drop SRT and Ganguly! They both suck' date=' are old, play only for their records and place in the team and are using up valuable spots that can be given to young players.[/quote']You are not agreeing with me :lmao: :lmao:

i would want a batsman to get out cheaply' date=' than playing that ugly innings, scoring 66 of like 120+ balls, this is ODI, not a test. Atleast tendulkar gave a chance for other batsman, where gangu occupied almost 25 overs with ONLY 66 runs, AWEFUL opener now.[/quote'] Well he did do that in the Sri Lanka match and guess where it led us :lmao: :lmao: