What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be...

Sooda

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Gambhir was in our last test touring squad!!! So after Sehwag and Jaffer he is the 2nd choice opener. A discard from ODIs maybe, but not from the test scene... Hes a better choice than Uthappa (the other realistic option) anyway IMHO...

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... So why would you include him in the test side knowing fully well that he has NOT worked on his weaknesses which he had in 2004/2005? And I'll say this because I've seen him again last year in the domestic cricket. And if you have that much faith in the selectors, why have you started this thread in the first place? Let the selectors decide and you'll agree to it whole-heartedly, isn't it?

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... some of you have dropped Laxman from your test team. Thats outrageous. What has he done too be dropped from the test team also? He did perform reasonably well in South Africa and is also the Vice Captain? I have no clue why people would drop laxman look how many non performers there were in the world cup and dont even mention age is a factor, its a test team look at kumble. Laxman has been the best test batsmen lately and it is no lie.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be...

So why would you include him in the test side knowing fully well that he has NOT worked on his weaknesses which he had in 2004/2005? And I'll say this because I've seen him again last year in the domestic cricket.
If he wasn't a better player since 04/05 he would not have been in the SA squad. Moreover he got one innings on that tour (as far as I am aware) and scored 70-something. In any case if you are so against him being there...who's your alternative? FTB slogger Uthappa? The likes of Dhawan, possibly Dheeraj have not been consistent enough in domestic cricket. Or recall Akash Chopra?- that would be going backwards
And if you have that much faith in the selectors, why have you started this thread in the first place? Let the selectors decide and you'll agree to it whole-heartedly, isn't it?
I wouldnt, because I know their XI would be different. i doubt Gambhir will get to play, and it would be unfair on him. I do have more faith in their rather than with you're judgment on GG though.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Thats fine. You're entitled to have your opinion! And I'm not against Gambhir. He plays for the team where I stay, ie, Delhi. It is just that I don't think he'll be able to serve India better than Sehwag and that too is my opinion!

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... The selectors have stated that that they are going to try out younger players you know...the point is -who? This is Bangladesh. . Sachin Ganguly etc are not going to prove anything by a bit of minnow bashing- they should remain first choice in tests vs the stronger sides. If there was a time to try newer players it is now.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... For tests, I won't change the team. Let the new players prove themselves in the shorter format first. And for that, I'll keep Uthappa, and bring Tiwari and Rohit Sharma in the middle order, Chawla and Ishant Sharma to be given bowling opportunity and play Karthik as a batsman. If he performs better than Dhoni, I'd prefer him to Dhoni in tests.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... It is just that I don't think he'll be able to serve India better than Sehwag and that too is my opinion! Of course he will not. Sehwag is in a different league he will tear Bangladesh apart. Thats the point, we know he will...we need to try out new blood...give our bench experience...

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... how has everyone forgotten pathan? he is still young and i think will make a comeback after being given a few more chances. its not like his a senior and we must drop him altogether. anyway hes a better batsmen then some of the people you guys included in your odi squads as it is, so on the fact that hes an allrounder of sorts should warrant his inclusion.

This is for you Sooda: Openers who may land up in Bangladesh Read the article.
akash chopra was quite solid. even if he doesnt score too much at least he can form a partnership and hold one end until the new ball loses its shine. i think he should make a comeback for tests. why was he dropped anyway?

ODI In the batting department I would take out Tendulkar, Sehwag, and Dhoni, for ODI's In the bowling department I would drop Harbhajan, Munaf (unless becomes fitt), Agarkar. I would bring VRV Singh, Ishant Sharma or RP Singh. And I would bring Piyiush Chawla as our number 1 choice spin bowler. TESTS I would drop Tendulkar, Laxman, Dhoni, Yuvrag and Sehwag. Bring in Uthappa, Khartik (as number 1 choice WK) Gambir, Jaffer and a few from Domestic level. In the bowling department I would take out Munaf, Agarkar and Harbhajan. I would bring in Piyush Chawla VRV Singh and Ishant Charma.
Grow up kid. Your brain needs some Growth.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Today I listened to Srinath in the morning news and he was talking very sensibly. When it came to the choosing of Indian team for ODIs, he said that Sachin and Saurav should be asked what they want to achieve further in this format of the game and then keeping that in mind, any decision should be made. Though he thought that Sachin and Ganguly cannot/won't be dropped, he personally "seemed" to prefer them to play test only.

Re: What do you want the starting XIs vs Banglas to be... Can you imagine opening with Chopra and Jaffer...India will be 100/0 in 90 overs... Not that thats a reason not to select him...he is a solid player... Good article, like its saying if GG can curb his natural attacking tendencies and look to actually settle down first he will come good...the no of times he has thrown his wkt away after good starts, esp in ODIs...