Big Hitter Magazine

GregL

Hello all. My name is Greg Lansdowne, I'm the co-editor of a recently launched cricket magazine called 'Big Hitter'. I just wanted to draw attention to it on this forum as the magazine is aimed at Asian cricket fans (so focuses on India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh). At the moment it is only sold in the UK (via WH Smith and independent retailers) but anybody overseas wishing to get hold of a copy can either subscribe or download a pdf version. Issue two came out last week so I hope it will be off interest to some people on this forum (of note for India followers in particular is a dissection of the World Twenty20 campaign, an interview with Mohammad Azharuddin, an article by Dileep Premachandran on Indian cricket fans plus a whole host of general news items). There is also the opportunity for readers to have their say and win prizes by doing so. Big Hitter should not be seen as a rival to such a forum as this, rather an adjunct. I would be more than happy to promote this forum within the pages of Big Hitter if the appropriate person would like to contact me. Any other questions on the magazine can also be directed to my email at: greg@bighittermag.com Although there are already three cricket magazines in the UK, we don't believe any of those cater to fans of the Asian cricketing nations to a great extent. We therefore hope there is a market for such a product. It is our aim to develop a sizeable and talented group of journalists who are primarily based 'on the ground' within the 'Big Four' Asian cricketing nations, thus offering the type of news service that is not currently available in print form in the UK. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Greg

Thanks for your responses. Sachinsim: we differ from the other cricket magazines in the UK because we focus on Asian cricket (the 'Big Four' Asian cricketing nations plus British Asian cricketers) rather than the England team and English county cricket. DomainK: if you private message me I can give you more info on how to obtain a pdf copy of the magazine.

Thanks Greg, when I get a chance I'll have a look at your magazine. By any chance did you have some girls promoting the magazine during the T20 WC. I remember speaking to one of them and I had a quick look at the magazine, though I can't remember which magazine it was.