Pakistan has a new T20 captain.

RD werent u guys saying the same thing abt Younis when Malik was the captain.. I remem everyone was saying how Younis wud be aggressive in team selection , field placements etc etc.. and how he wud bring the team to the top..
You do realize everyone is a different person with different set of opinions, i have never been an advocate of Younis Khan. I have always though he's overrated as a batsman and hasn't really justified his place in ODIs. But that said i don't want to see a change in captaincy, that's the last thing Pakistan needs, what Pakistan does need is a good coach with a hands on approach who can help Younis with his aspects of his captaincy.
Afridi needed the time and he took it He can judge his capabilities better than anyone else He did win the T20 but even in the Tests before he was not part of the team anyways One man cannot be blamed for the entire system failure He has played almost all his Cricket almost never injured He is fit as a rock He just needs a good batting coach who can advise him to use his lethal strike rate with a stable and nominal temprament He is the captain now so hopefully he'll put in some extra effort from now on The wicket was flat and nothing a bowler could do , look at murli he gave away 67 in his 8 overs Afridi gave 57 in his 10 Afridi is almost the backbone of the Pakistan Team now for his Batting, Bowling & fileding This series has been mysteriously won by SL i only suspect bookies and fowl play from Indian gamblers and corrupt players - dont really no if they were yousf & misbah & malik etc Afridi should be treated as a hero like when he won the T20 for us not criticised for something that is not his fault He's our asset
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Hummus hall of fame!!
Personally, this news has been a biggest boost for me. In the last few months, I have been going through some uncertain, with doubts about ability and talent and whether I could achieve anything worthwhile in life were clouding my mind. But, if a brainless retard like Afridi could go on captain a nation of 110 million's national cricket team, there's no reason why I cant do something some significant also. Thanks Shahid, thansk for bringing back hope into my life! :two_thumbs_up:
Post of the Year :--D

Afridi as Captain - What an innings What a captain's innings by Afridi. With two wickets gone, he played a real captain's knock. Early on, he was looking for singles and was even keen on leaving some balls. He put a real price on his wicket. This is what captaincy can do to a player - responsibility. Is this the turning point for Afridi and what will make him even a better player than he already is. Surely, a great start to his captaincy. Captain Afridi Boom Boom !

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
You clown! :hysterical: not laughing so much now?? , Afridi lead from the front, excellent played 50, bowled well, picked up the man of the match award, instructed his bowlers well, told the team to play postive aggressive cricket and then won a huge 52 run victory away to sri lanka who is won of the best T20 teams, impressive stuff.. he's not like dhoni who comes to bat against england only chasing a small score of about 150 and couldn't even make it and then hits a four at the end like he was a legend :hysterical: dhoni need to learn from afridi.
You clown! :hysterical: not laughing so much now?? ' date=' Afridi lead from the front, excellent played 50, bowled well, picked up the man of the match award, instructed his bowlers well, told the team to play postive aggressive cricket and then won a huge 52 run victory away to sri lanka who is won of the best T20 teams, impressive stuff.. he's not like dhoni who comes to bat against england only chasing a small score of about 150 and couldn't even make it and then hits a four at the end like he was a legend :hysterical: dhoni need to learn from afridi.[/quote'] Two dead rubbers in the bag and one Mickey Mouse game and you are over the moon, Your Cricketers really know how to make a fool out of a Paki. :hehe:
Guest Hiten.
You clown! :hysterical: not laughing so much now?? ' date=' Afridi lead from the front, excellent played 50, bowled well, picked up the man of the match award, instructed his bowlers well, told the team to play postive aggressive cricket and then won a huge 52 run victory away to sri lanka who is won of the best T20 teams, impressive stuff.. he's not like dhoni who comes to bat against england only chasing a small score of about 150 and couldn't even make it and then hits a four at the end like he was a legend :hysterical: dhoni need to learn from afridi.[/quote'] umm.. Dhoni is number 1 ODI batsman, successful captain whose team are the MOST competitive team atm be it ODI's, Tests or T20's (we had a bad campaign in T20). Dhoni plays all the formats of the game and does not get "tired" after playing and winning ONE T20 WC. Dhoni has been playing more cricket than Pakistan's gully cricketers and is yet a very competitive cricketer. On the other hand, Afridi is EID ka Chand who would show up once in blue moon to please fans like you. What exactly has Afridi achieved that Dhoni hasn't ? Dhoni in his shorter span of life has become more reputed and well respected in cricketing fraternity. I could only laugh at your comparison of Dhoni and Afridi's captaincy ...latter only kaptaaned 1 game after crying foul (to be a kaptaan) since he debuted :hysterical:
umm.. Dhoni is number 1 ODI batsman, successful captain whose team are the MOST competitive team atm be it ODI's, Tests or T20's (we had a bad campaign in T20). Dhoni plays all the formats of the game and does not get "tired" after playing and winning ONE T20 WC. Dhoni has been playing more cricket than Pakistan's gully cricketers and is yet a very competitive cricketer. On the other hand, Afridi is EID ka Chand who would show up once in blue moon to please fans like you. What exactly has Afridi achieved that Dhoni hasn't ? Dhoni in his shorter span of life has become more reputed and well respected in cricketing fraternity. I could only laugh at your comparison of Dhoni and Afridi's captaincy ...latter only kaptaaned 1 game after crying foul (to be a kaptaan) since he debuted :hysterical:
im only refering to T20 format not his number 1 status in odi's, because dhoni in the last T20 world cup did not lead from the front and also lacks explosive batting at a fast rate.
Guest Hiten.

I wonder how do you guys in general think about T20's now ? BCCI and IPL admins were lambasted for "killing" test cricket. Now the idea is to get happy with a one-off T20 game, irrespective of the test and ODi series' loss. Suddenly T20 is the purest form of game for you lot. Indians were ridiculed for celebrating a "mere T20 WC win" in 2007.