WADA's clause : BCCI gets ready for the battle

Guest Shivani

Guest gaurav_indian
True, to heck with it..Indian Players are HUGE stars, they cherish their privacy and its too much to poke in their whereabouts and what not Forget Indian Players, is everyone else signing it
All the countries has signed except india. Yes indian players are huge stars but they arent as big as some of the athletes and footballers if they can sign then why cant indian players? I am sure they didnt even read the whole "whereabout clause". WADA said that they can change their schedule anytime online. Abhinav Bindra also signed it 6 years ago. Isnt he a star? This is an unneccessary demand by our star players. WADA wont change any rule.
Guest gaurav_indian
what you say? no one signs the whereabout agreement' date=' not fifa no one as far as i know. :cantstop:[/quote'] I saw WADA's president's interview and he said 191 countries signed it. If you didnt know this thats not my problem.
I saw WADA's president's interview and he said 191 countries signed it. If you didnt know this thats not my problem.
post source rather than making false claims. I checked wikipedia and it tell me no one has signed it, nothing of 191 countries like you said. maybe he means the actual wada papers but not whereabouts clause. I know my boys/colleagues have been updating the page constantly this week in our Delhi offices so if there is any new information go ahead and add it there. this way we can keep track :cantstop:
Guest gaurav_indian
^no no no FIFA, one of the biggest sports body has rejected this clause. FICA has agreed that this clause is not practical and worlds players association will be meeting WADA on this very clause. Nadal and Federer have also protested.
:banghead: But none of the ICC members protested against it. So india will have to sign it at sometime. :nervous:
Guest gaurav_indian
post source rather than making false claims. I checked wikipedia and it tell me no one has signed it, nothing of 191 countries like you said. maybe he means the actual wada papers but not whereabouts clause. I know my boys/colleagues have been updating the page constantly this week in our Delhi offices so if there is any new information go ahead and add it there. this way we can keep track :cantstop:
Yeah FIFA hasnt signed it. You were right. But all the ICC member countries did.:hatsoff:

^either that or all the countries will back out. I think there is misunderstanding with this clause and WADA officials must meet indian players and explain how it works. Basically you can update your whereabouts easily and its all confidential.

^either that or all the countries will back out. I think there is misunderstanding with this clause and WADA officials must meet indian players and explain how it works. Basically you can update your whereabouts easily and its all confidential.
Even TOI knows that but players are not willing to do it. They can update via web or by calling BCCI and its confidential but players dont want it ..
T20 has already been included as a medal sport in next year's Asian Games. Without being a WADA signatory, cricket's participation in the Olympic movement is impossible. The ICC is aware that football's apex body is not currently WADA complaint and is closely monitoring that situation.
Then, how come football is an Olympic sport?:dontknow:
Guest Hiten.

Nothing is confidential in India. How do you think BCCI's meetings details are leaked to the media ? This clause is atrocious and Indian players should not sign this until a better solution is found. Sure enough other Indian athletes have signed up for this tests but they are different that Indian cricketers and do not enjoy the demi-god status in India. As BCCI said, some players have security covers because they have received threats from terrorists in the past. Even I would want cricket to be dope free especially our players but players' shouldn't be forced to give up their privacy.

Guest gaurav_indian
Nothing is confidential in India. How do you think BCCI's meetings details are leaked to the media ? This clause is atrocious and Indian players should not sign this until a better solution is found. Sure enough other Indian athletes have signed up for this tests but they are different that Indian cricketers and do not enjoy the demi-god status in India. As BCCI said' date= some players have security covers because they have received threats from terrorists in the past. Even I would want cricket to be dope free especially our players but players' shouldn't be forced to give up their privacy.
How are they different than other athletes in India? Just because some fans worship them they are special? I feel for the indian hockey players and other athletes. And if indian players dont sign this clause then it will start creating doubts in everyone's mind that indian players take performance enhancing drugs rest of the cricketing world has signed it only we have problems.
Guest Hiten.
How are they different than other athletes in India? Just because some fans worship them they are special? I feel for the indian hockey players and other athletes. And if indian players dont sign this clause then it will start creating doubts in everyone's mind that indian players take performance enhancing drugs rest of the cricketing world has signed it only we have problems.
How many articles have you seen related to Bindra (who won a medal at olympics) after one month of olympics ? Cricketers are literally hounded by media wallahs and fans everywhere they go and it is therefore important for them to keep their whereabouts secretive. Dhoni was followed by media just because he had a new haircut...go figure what they'll do when they find out where our cricketers are enjoying their vacations I am not saying Indian cricketers are better than other Indian athletes but they have a massive following compared to anyone in sports fraternity.

There players should not hold cricket hostage.....rules should be fair for everyone. Players should remember that they are famous for the game and the game is not famous for them. They need cricket more than cricket needs them.... anyways too much money and too much stardom makes them feel like a god..

Guest gaurav_indian
How many articles have you seen related to Bindra (who won a medal at olympics) after one month of olympics ? Cricketers are literally hounded by media wallahs and fans everywhere they go and it is therefore important for them to keep their whereabouts secretive. Dhoni was followed by media just because he had a new haircut...go figure what they'll do when they find out where our cricketers are enjoying their vacations I am not saying Indian cricketers are better than other Indian athletes but they have a massive following compared to anyone in sports fraternity.
Same thing happens in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan also. Cricket is bigger than any sports in these countries. They also have crazy fans. And they all have signed. And you are right they have a massive following so how about setting an example of drugs free sport by signing this clause. WADA said that cricket is not bigger than any sport. For them all players are equal you can't give excuses like media followed Dhoni when he was going to a saloon for a hair cut. And do you think WADA will leak their personal info to media?
There players should not hold cricket hostage.....rules should be fair for everyone. Players should remember that they are famous for the game and the game is not famous for them. They need cricket more than cricket needs them.... anyways too much money and too much stardom makes them feel like a god..
while I agree with you that they shouldn't be above others, some of them like Dhoni and SRT do have security threats against them and have every reason to be more concerned about revealing their whereabouts. then there is the issue of privacy.
while I agree with you that they shouldn't be above others, some of them like Dhoni and SRT do have security threats against them and have every reason to be more concerned about revealing their whereabouts. then there is the issue of privacy.
Thats y the information is suppse to be confidential....Does someone needs to explain the cricketer the meaning of the term confidential......
Thats y the information is suppse to be confidential....Does someone needs to explain the cricketer the meaning of the term confidential......
either you are naive or arguing for the sake of it. this information can supposedly be submitted via a website. the queston is, where is this stored? in an encrypted database? are the sites security compliant like PCI/DSS? who has access to the stored information and how is the chain of custody maintained to prevent a rogue employee from selling it for the sake of money? several questions to be answered before risking one's life. we know that several confidential information about drug tests like in tour de france all get leaked out to the press well in advance. so, it is fine for players to be skeptical and ask questions. if the answers are to their satisfication, they can sign it or else face the consequences. it is their life afterall, not yours or mine.
either you are naive or arguing for the sake of it. this information can supposedly be submitted via a website. the queston is, where is this stored? in an encrypted database? are the sites security compliant like PCI/DSS? who has access to the stored information and how is the chain of custody maintained to prevent a rogue employee from selling it for the sake of money? several questions to be answered before risking one's life. we know that several confidential information about drug tests like in tour de france all get leaked out to the press well in advance. so, it is fine for players to be skeptical and ask questions. if the answers are to their satisfication, they can sign it or else face the consequences. it is their life afterall, not yours or mine.
Dude so you are telling me that these information shall not be kept encrypted and can be leaked easily? Well I have nothing to say if you really believe that these information can easily be hacked. btw no one can ever guarantee full security but it is naive to assume that such an organisations website can be easily hacked.