Chamara Silva

Re: Chamara Silva

SL seems to persist with few of this batters even when they fail consistently initially...They did this with Attapatu and now Silva...who was failure some time back.. Should we do this with Raina??
They brought another failure in Dilshan back as well, and he has delivered for them consistently in ODI's - crap as he may be, he is a handy cricketer. Likewise with Malinga Bandara, although he is a bowler. IND can't afford to mimick their style of selection though, since their pool of players is far bigger than SL's - ie; a lot more options. Teams like SL and NZ have no selection headaches because there are only 20 or so players within their ranks who are capable of playing international cricket. ...and yes, Raina definitely deserves another chance. He is no worse a player than Dilshan, IMO. The kid is only 20, FFS and his experience will hold him in good stead for the future. I'd bring back Gambhir as well. You can't discard players like them without giving them a few stints.

SL seems to persist with few of this batters even when they fail consistently initially...They did this with Attapatu and now Silva...who was failure some time back.. Should we do this with Raina??
Kabira, I think we persisted with Raina for 30 odd ODIs. And you cannot give more chances than that to anyone. We also gave 5 years of continuous ODI place to Kaif and got very sparse success in return. In fact he should have been ready to replace one of the MO batsmen in test, but apparantly that investment went in vain.

Re: Chamara Silva Raina has been moved up and down..with no role given to him... What I have seen of Raina has impressed me..He has lot of potential...But can he realize or fulfil that potentiall, no one can tell..But he deserves another shot..

Re: Chamara Silva Problem with Indian selection system are many: 1. A lot of weight is given to just the runs scored in a lot of time $hit domestic matches. 2. Selections are not always made on solid backfoot technique and temperament. 3. After 25 a player's chance of breaking in goes down to essentially zero.

Re: Chamara Silva Chamara Silva: ODIs 21 18 3 520 107* 34.66 692 75.14 1 4 46 3 6 0 Md Kaif: ODIs 125 110 24 2753 111* 32.01 3822 72.03 2 17 228 9 55 0 S Raina: ODIs 36 28 5 612 81* 26.60 842 72.68 0 3 58 4 15 0 So apparantly, Raina is too young and he'll learn how to build an innings while playing a year in domestic cricket. But I'm a bit disappointed by Kaif. Hope he picks himself up or else Tiwari or Sharma might grab that place.

Everytime we have potential youngster, we hope for another Sachin Tendulkar and want him to play for India ASAP... Before anyone plays for India, he should be successful in domestic as well as A tours..
Yes. That is important. I'll be glad be Kaif succeeds as a test player.

Wow' date=' this guy can play. Been in the news ever since his hundred in NZ, and on current form he is probably one of the best middle order batsmen in the world. He seems to enjoy the big stage as well; scoring runs in important matches. Revelation of the season ?[/quote'] Players like Chamara Silva would be the reason why SL can win this WC. You look at their team and you see Jayasurya, Sangakarra, Jayawardne, Dilshan, Arnold, Chamara Silva - none of them in the same league as say Ponting or Pietersen today but collectively they are such a potent force(kinda reminds me of the South African of yesteryears). Same with bowling. Aside from Murali others are just a shade under world's best(though Malinga can join that rung pretty soon). Players like Vaas, Malinga, Fernando etc do their jobs to perfection. Revealation of the season? Surely would be my candidate in top 2 aside from Scott Styris who seems to be carrying NZ batting almost solo these days. xxx

Wow' date=' this guy can play. Been in the news ever since his hundred in NZ, and on current form he is probably one of the best middle order batsmen in the world. He seems to enjoy the big stage as well; scoring runs in important matches. Revelation of the season ?[/quote'] Players like Chamara Silva would be the reason why SL can win this WC. You look at their team and you see Jayasurya, Sangakarra, Jayawardne, Dilshan, Arnold, Chamara Silva - none of them in the same league as say Ponting or Pietersen today but collectively they are such a potent force(kinda reminds me of the South African of yesteryears). Same with bowling. Aside from Murali others are just a shade under world's best(though Malinga can join that rung pretty soon). Players like Vaas, Malinga, Fernando etc do their jobs to perfection. Revealation of the season? Surely would be my candidate in top 2 aside from Scott Styris who seems to be carrying NZ batting almost solo these days. *****
Yup they are a true team vs our collection of superstars!!!