Pak eyes series against India in England

Punisher

As part of an out-of-court settlement with the ICC on the 2011 World Cup hosting dispute, Pakistan is looking at the possibility of playing a Test and ODI series against India in England next year. Well-placed sources in the Pakistan Cricket Board said that ICC President David Morgan had assured Ejaz Butt during their talks that he would try to convince the BCCI to play a series in England. "Morgan has made no promises but has assured Pakistan he would use his good offices to try to organize such a series next year," a source said. India have suspended bilateral cricket ties with Pakistan since the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. "The proposal is for three Tests, three One-dayers and a couple of Twenty20 matches," the source said. Pakistan is due to play Australia next year in England apart from a separate series against Andrew Strauss' men. "If India agrees the series could be squeezed in at a time when both teams are free of international commitments," the source said. The source said Butt told Morgan that the PCB would lose nearly USD 70 million from television rights deal with Dubai based Ten Sports network if India didn't play a bilateral series in Pakistan. "When the television rights were sold India was slated to tour Pakistan at least once and maybe twice for Tests and ODIs. And the network has estimated that earnings from those two series alone could be around USD 70 million such is the pull of Indo-Pak cricket," the source said. The source also revealed that as part of the out-of-court settlement over the World Cup dispute, the ICC has also agreed to get a commitment from India that it would make special arrangements for Pakistani players, officials and visitors to travel to the neighbouring country for the World Cup matches. "The host agreement signed by the World Cup hosts with the ICC already has a stipulation that securing visas for India would not be a problem. But the ICC has assured Pakistan it would get a special commitment from India in this regard as a lot of Pakistani visitors are expected to go to India for World Cup matches." http://www.cricbuzz.com/component/latest_cricket_news/Story/18595/Pak-eyes-series-against-India-in-England/

Hmmm should we say no and leave them broke? They hate BCCI and India and yet they are constantly looking to play us lol. England would be more than happy to host the series as they know it will be sell outs. But they probably will need to increase the security
I see no reason why india shouldn't play pakistan, i dont care about financial reason's, i just like seing exciting cricket, and playing at england i know both set of fans would be passionate about the cricket.
I see no reason why india shouldn't play pakistan' date=' i dont care about financial reason's, i just like seing exciting cricket, and playing at england i know both set of fans would be passionate about the cricket.[/quote'] Exactly. Cricket fans should not be victims of the political differences between the 2 countries.The 20/20 WC warm game is a proof that Pak/Ind series in UK will be a hit. India wont be playing test series any way after the SA series in Jan 2010 the whole year. SACHIN needs to play more tests to keep Ponting away from his record. I want 3 tests & 5 20/20s.
The reason I say that is because PCB are constantly slating BCCI but they're ready to make money by playing India.
Its not the PCB. Old cricketers are the ones who keep on talking BS to stay in the news. India also suffered financial losses due to cancellation of Pak/Ind series. But fortunately for BCCI, they have resources to cover that loss unlike PCB. Series in Uk is good idead because this way both boards can keep goverment out of cricket matter. I want to see atleast 1 more test series with Pak before Indian batting legends retire.
Guest gaurav_indian
I dont think we should play against a country which trains and sends terrorists to India. After 26/11 I dont think Ind-Pak cricket is important to anybody in India .
I dont think we should mix politics with sports. World doesnt work that way.
Guest gaurav_indian
Agree. Iran & USA still play against each other in soccer.
Yeah if you want to show the rivalry then show it on the field and win matches for your country.
I see no reason why india shouldn't play pakistan' date=' i dont care about financial reason's, i just like seing exciting cricket, and playing at england i know both set of fans would be passionate about the cricket.[/quote'] Your country has for decades launched state sponsored terrorism against India. This has been fuelled, funded and supported by the govts, army(ISI etc) and the people of pakistan! This has resulted in mass muder of indians as per your countries efforts over the years. This is evidenced by 26/11 which is classic example and shows the willingness of all in pakistan from before to after to do nothing to stop such attrocities and in fact doing its best to encourage more. And you say there is no reason why we should not play you?
Exactly. Cricket fans should not be victims of the political differences between the 2 countries.The 20/20 WC warm game is a proof that Pak/Ind series in UK will be a hit. India wont be playing test series any way after the SA series in Jan 2010 the whole year. SACHIN needs to play more tests to keep Ponting away from his record. I want 3 tests & 5 20/20s.
Your fans deserve to be the victims as you call it. Your fans as per majotiry of paks support morally and in other ways the jihad action against India. No way should we have any type of asscocitaion with pak from finacially to culturally. Stop terrorism against India and then we can talk about playing cricket amongst many other things. p.s BCCI does not have any moral fortitude and nor does our govt. So no doubt all ties will be resumed
Really!!!! So you did not supprt ban on playing South Africans in aparthied? No doubt would have wanted to play against Nazi germans? And no doubt would play against Osama Bin Laden Afghan Taliban 11 given the chance? Remember you must agree to play them as politics and sport should not mix!
Guest gaurav_indian
Really!!!! So you did not supprt ban on playing South Africans in aparthied? No doubt would have wanted to play against Nazi germans? And no doubt would play against Osama Bin Laden Afghan Taliban 11 given the chance? Remember you must agree to play them as politics and sport should not mix!
I agree with your opinions. We shouldnt play against australia also becoz of racists attacks on indians.
Training and sending illiterate young boys to another country to just shoot and kill as many as they can WORKS ? How can ppl enjoy cricket when they know that they are playing against a country which pays morons to blow themselves up in India ?
I agree with your opinions. We shouldnt play against australia also becoz of racists attacks on indians.
But if you want to have silly discussion lets have one:--D The attacks in Australia are not supported, funded and encouraged by the aussies govt. Also the attacks are in oz and are not being transported to India sovereign land. End of silly discussion
Guest gaurav_indian
Your being silly now and you know it!
Nope i proved you are following double standards here. As i said i agree with your opinions just like few bollywood directors cancelled their shooting in Australia in a protest against the racist attacks on indians. Indian cricket team should also do that.
Guest gaurav_indian
But if you want to have silly discussion lets have one:--D The attacks in Australia are not supported, funded and encouraged by the aussies govt. Also the attacks are in oz and are not being transported to India sovereign land. End of silly discussion
But they arent doing anything to stop them either. Infact they said we arent forcing indians to come here and study.
Guest gaurav_indian
Training and sending illiterate young boys to another country to just shoot and kill as many as they can WORKS ? How can ppl enjoy cricket when they know that they are playing against a country which pays morons to blow themselves up in India ?
We all saw in a practice T20 game how people enjoyed indian victory over pakistan. War is not possible so why not beat your rivals on the field?