Jaswant Singh saga - Jinnah, expulsion etc etc.

Lurker

Jinnah did want the country to stay together as supported by Jaswant Singh's book. Jaswant was a level headed man amongst a bunch of generally crazy people! Most Indians are actually happy with how things are and believe princely states would have gone there own way without partition leading to 20+ different countries. I sincerely believe if Mountbatten didn't eff around by changing the borders and giving India access to Kashmir via Punjab then things would have been okay by now.

Guest Gunner
It only helps promote the book' date=' how many of us would have remembered Satanic verses if not for the fatwa..[/quote'] So GOI is promoting books by banning them?

Guest Gunner
Satanic Verses is an awesome book and did not need any "promotion".
And yet the GOI in all its wisdom decides what I should and shouldn't read. Of course, I am too stupid to form my own conclusions.

Nehru had a affair with Mountbatten's missus- then I'm sure Mountbatten's missus gave a nice nudge to Mr Mountbatten resulting in the current debacle of Kashmir. I've no respect for Nehru but respect for Gandhi
fir Kashmir ... :wall: From what I know some country attacked J&K when it wasnt a part of India or pakistan :winky: ...