Ponting-Look who?s talking :Langer points finger at his own

King

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1091349 Ponting: Look who?s talking PTI Tuesday, April 17, 2007 01:46 IST MELBOURNE: Australian skipper Ricky Ponting laughed off ex-teammate Justin Langer?s criticism of the world champions? indulgence in sledging, saying the opener was ?never too far away from it?. ?There must be two Justin Langers in the world I think,? Ponting was quoted as saying by the AAP. ?I don?t know what has happened there. But I know the little fella was never too far away from it if something was going on,? he said. Langer, who retired after the Ashes earlier this year, had said that his ex-teammates crossed the line way too often, which disturbed him during his playing days. ?I don?t believe in it. It is something that has disturbed me over the years, particularly when Glenn McGrath and Ramnaresh Sarwan were involved in an ugly incident in 2003,? Langer had told a British daily. Langer said though he was not against minor talk with the opposition but would not acknowledge the kind of ugly scenes that sometimes spoilt the atmosphere of the game. ?If the batsman comes out and the fielders shout to the bowler ?he doesn?t like playing outswingers?, then that?s a part of cricket, but there is a fine line between that and gamesmanship.?
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Ponting-Look who?s talking :Langer points finger at his own langar was relatively quiter one.. aussies do have conscience, it's so heartening to find out

Langer lashes out at Aussies for sledging Australia's on-field sledging is once again under criticism but this time for a change the conscience within has spoken. Former Test opener Justin Langer, who has himself mastered the art of sledging, says his ex-teammates have crossed the line way too often, which disturbed him during his playing days. "I don't believe in it. It is something that has disturbed me over the years, particularly when Glenn McGrath and Ramnaresh Sarwan were involved in an ugly incident in 2003," Langer told 'The Times'. Langer, who retired after the Ashes earlier this year, said though he was not against minor talk with the opposition but would not acknowledge the kind of ugly scenes that sometimes spoil the atmosphere of the game. "If the batsman comes out and the fielders shout to the bowler 'He doesn't like playing outswingers', then that is a part of cricket, but there is a fine line between that and gamesmanship," he said. However, Langer's remarks have not gone down well with players who faced him on the field. Former England captain Nasser Hussain said he was surprised by Langer's comments, as he was himself an annoying sledger. Recalling one such incident, Hussain said he got so irritated with Langer that he had no choice but to hit back. "Look, I don't mind the others chirping at me, but you are just the -- bus driver of this team. Get back on the bus and get ready to drive it back to the hotel this evening," he recalled having told Langer in a match. Current England skipper Michael Vaughan was equally surprised and recalling an incident in 2002, said Langer acted like "a bit of a tit" during the match. "To say Langer was angry is a huge understatement. For the rest of the morning he called me every name under the sun," Vaughan said. Australians' on-field behaviour has come under severe criticism in recent times. And though skipper Ricky Ponting has promised improvement, cricketer-turned-commentator Tony Greig says the stump mikes suggest otherwise. "I have never heard anything like it," Greig said after a recent Test between Australia and South Africa. "We turned that stump mike up and we could hear every word out in the centre and it was unbelievable. The Aussies love it. The time has seriously come for the authorities in the game to start to rethink the question of what players are allowed to say on the field," he added

Re: Ponting-Look who?s talking :Langer points finger at his own

Suraj, could you please check before posting a thread, whether that topic has already been posted? For example, this topic of yours has been posted by Ravi, here: http://indiancricketfans.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4384 also, please give the link to the article that you post. That'll be helpful to us.
oops Sorry boss!!! Can mods/admins lock or delete this one??

No worries' date=' I'll merge this one into the other one.[/quote'] Thx for doing this Ravi- I'll try to check before posting; sometimes its hard to figure out Is there an option where a member can click to view his unread threads and or posts???

No worries' date=' I'll merge this one into the other one.[/quote'] Thx for doing this Ravi- I'll try to check before posting; sometimes its hard to figure out Is there an option where a member can click to view his unread threads and or posts???
The change in icons next to the message should indicate the unread threads. There is no separate link but it is pretty easy to figure out.

The change in icons next to the message should indicate the unread threads. There is no separate link but it is pretty easy to figure out.
oh I get it now; that helps!!