Atkins diet

Desi Cartman

The Atkins diet, officially called the Atkins Nutritional Approach, is a low-carbohydrate diet created by Dr Robert Atkins from a diet he read in the Journal of the American Medical Association and used to resolve his own overweight condition. Im thinking of giving it a go but I worry if I will be able to survive without Sharab , Kebab, rice etc . Has anybody tried this and does it really work ? Any tips

Desi i was overweight before but yes i lowered my Carbs intake with high protein food.. hit the gym , with 2 mths of heavy cardio followed by weight training (one part of the body at a given day) from the 3rd mnth . Now i am having a nice body and i am one the heavy lifters in Gym... Only diet can't give u the best sol. and if its does its mostly temp. best is proper diet with a nice workout system.

The Atkins diet, officially called the Atkins Nutritional Approach, is a low-carbohydrate diet created by Dr Robert Atkins from a diet he read in the Journal of the American Medical Association and used to resolve his own overweight condition. Im thinking of giving it a go but I worry if I will be able to survive without Sharab , Kebab, rice etc . Has anybody tried this and does it really work ? Any tips
Atkins is also dead now, god rest his soul, and there are reports of his arteries being clogged by consumption of excessive red meat. Excessive protein is not good for you. If your looking for fat loss, talk to Lurker and he'll get you on a good program.

Atkins is also dead now, god rest his soul, and there are reports of his arteries being clogged by consumption of excessive red meat. Excessive protein is not good for you. If your looking for fat loss, talk to Lurker and he'll get you on a good program.
yep .. I am already TRYING to follow Lurker's suggestions and I have lost some weight as well. I love to eat :cantstop: so taking control of my diet is a big problem. I was hoping to do detox for a week since my wife is not gonna let me eat anything interesting over navratras anyway so why not try the detox thing. After which I wanna try Dr Atkins diet for a 3- 4 weeks to lose weight quickly and then back to normal diet. Any suggestions or experiences ?

Desi i was overweight before but yes i lowered my Carbs intake with high protein food.. hit the gym , with 2 mths of heavy cardio followed by weight training (one part of the body at a given day) from the 3rd mnth . Now i am having a nice body and i am one the heavy lifters in Gym... Only diet can't give u the best sol. and if its does its mostly temp. best is proper diet with a nice workout system.
Yaar Im doing kasrat as well :two_thumbs_up:

yep .. I am already TRYING to follow Lurker's suggestions and I have lost some weight as well. I love to eat :cantstop: so taking control of my diet is a big problem. I was hoping to do detox for a week since my wife is not gonna let me eat anything interesting over navratras anyway so why not try the detox thing. After which I wanna try Dr Atkins diet for a 3- 4 weeks to lose weight quickly and then back to normal diet. Any suggestions or experiences ?
Well it's very simple. If you burn more calories then you consume, you'll lose weight. This doesn't mean eating an ultra low caloric meal or get on some fad diet. Keep eating what your eating, but some slight modifications if your exercise isn't alone causing a caloric defecit. Our body burns calories in 3 ways. Physical Exercise (20-30%), Digestion and Absorption (10%), Basal Metabolic Rate (Resting Metabolism, 70%). These are the processes going inside your body when your resting, processes your body uses to keep you going, respiration, blood circulation. If I were you I would do 2 things. Start lifting weights, for one. Don't be like Michael Jordan, not yet atleast, but just start with some very basic, 5-10 pound dumbbells. The more lean muscle mass you have, the more work your body needs to do to support it, the more your metabolism increases (BMR). 3 days a week minimum. Many people would suggest cardio, treadmill, running, walking. But I get bored out of my mind doing that. So I play basketball on my offdays, and in any case I have cricket practice everyday so I use up a lot of energy there. As long as your having fun, I notice you can go longer. These days I'm trying to jump higher so I'm on a program called Air Alert. It's very cool, if you want I can send you a link...it can be used as cardio as well. Hopefully I'll be dunking 9 3 soon!