breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi

Hats off to Dravid for finishing Sachin and Sourav. Shah has directed the selectors to Drop Sachin and Sourav on the request of Dravid. God Save Indian Cricket from Dravid the Traiter. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Are you on drugs or a pakistani or both?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Dravid is the ONLY' date=' the ONLY senior who commands respect from all BCCI officials. He must make it count. I'd like to see him shed his "good-boy" image and be a bit more stern with his non-performing team mates[/quote'] As expected from Indian fans, no questioning of the BCCI and it's ad-hoc functioning, nepotism, muddled priorities and self-interested officials, with a record of being perhaps the most subversively antinational and divisive in Indian cricket history. As for Dravid, he is not looking for any respect from his teammates. He knows he doesn't have any, after he let the BCCI steamroll over all the contract clauses that players had fought for in the last few years. The very fact that he is retained captain despite his dismal performances, while the other seniors are out, is proof that he is looking for authority which he lacks [and might just work better on juniors on a short lifeline], while the BCCI are happy with a yes man to cover for their failings.
He is retained as captain and hence he is looking for authority?
Yes. Precisely. A captain is accorded the respect of the position in the short run, but needs to earn his respect in the long run. A good leader manages to bring the best out of his/her (wo)men. The star performers perform consistently, the fringe players come up with their best ever performances. Big performers necessarily have big egos and these egos are nurtured positively. A team becomes an unit, single minded in thought and action. None of which has happened in the RD era. What has happened is needless fear mongering, baseless allegations, dipping performances, ego-clashes, unethical victimization of certain players... ... After all that, no leader can expect any respect from his team members. As the last nail, I'm sure Dravid would lose respect in any organisation after failing, as the leader, to stop his employees from steamrolling over all the hard-earned advantages, and instead meekly surrendering to them with the sole intent of being retained captain.
Did it ever occur to you that we don't really have many choices? SRT is a failed captain,
Every organisation with a vision tries to see the ray of sunlight at the end of a dark tunnel. Every disaster is an opportunity to do something fresh. I believe Kapil hadn't captained a side before he was made the captain of India, and he brought us our olny WC.
Ganguly is barely holding onto his spot in the test team and in ODIs he has been questionable for sometime,
I disagree completely. Look at SG's performances and compare it with the performances of the others since his return.
yuvraj has no experience leading even FC sides and hasn't managed to keep his own behavior under control, laxman isn't part of the ODI side, dhoni can barely take of his hair, sehwag is as much in the team as he is out...
Don't pay attention to allegations about YS's abilities or the lack thereof by people who have been completely discredited. Ricky Ponting was supposed to be an immature hothead before he was made the captain, overriding the claims of Warne, Gilchrish et al. Look where the Ozzies are now.
If Dravid is looking for authority, he deserves it and others in the team better show him some respect.
I've said before, you need to earn respect through your deeds, not by display of unjust power. Dravid seems to be trying to do just that, with the hope that youngsters will be awestruck of him, esp in the absence of other stars. What he fails to realize is that there MUST BE A REASON for youngsters like Sreesanth, blooded under his captaincy, and supposedly nurtured by him and his Guru have. as reports suggest, lost his respect and shifted camps.
As of now he is the only guy who deserves a spot in both the playing XIs.
Bull. Most of the team choses themselves automatically, in both forms of the game. And yes, it goes on to prove Vengsarkar's point, that we seriously lack talent in this country.

Dravid is the ONLY' date=' the ONLY senior who commands respect from all BCCI officials. He must make it count. I'd like to see him shed his "good-boy" image and be a bit more stern with his non-performing team mates[/quote'] Good thing if he did that, I'm sure that's why Sehwag and Mongia are there
Dont know if Dravid asked for Mongia. But Sehwag is the only one who performed in the two key games. He does not deserve to be dropped after his world cup performances.
Bumper, Sehwah performed in the key BD game? Could you please tell me what his score was and how he got out in that match? Anyway, it is good to back the players because they are the points (things) to cheer for us amidst the grim situation of cricket in our cricket. But divided support or one eyed support is not good!
Why is BD game key, but not Bermuda or Lanka ? If my memory serves me right, he was instrumental in building the world record total vs Bermuda & the only top order bat who kept our hopes alive, vs Lanka, when the rest of the batting crumbled around him. Dont know how/why he's selectively picked out for stick, while the rest have escaped your scanner ? All i am saying is this. Time to drop Sehwag was before the world cup. Not now, after he was among the better batsmen in the world cup. And who's offering selective support ? I have only one rule to back a player. I support those who have the best interests of my team at heart, & help my team win. I dont care if its Tendulkar or Ganguly or Sehwag or Dravid. At this point only Dravid & Kumble command that respect from me.

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi feverpitch, obviously the intent here is to build the team for the next WC. Based on general form & fitness criteria, i cant think beyond Dravid (among the seniors) who will last the distance. There is simply no young candidate ready for captaincy yet. Besides, the attitude of SRT & Ganguly oflate have been in question. So there is no obvious choice for captaincy at the moment. In the absence of a clear alternative, the selectors have opted to continue with the status-quo. Beggars cant be choosers. Dravid isnt a great captain, but is the better of the worst at the moment. Reflects the poverty of our cricket.

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi I'm not giving Sehwag the stick! In fact if you read my posts, I've advocated to drop Sachin and Saurav from the ODI series and Harbhajan from both test and ODI. And to my delight, exactly, that has happened! I'm talking about your support for Sehwag and lack of such support for Saurav who too played key knocks vs BD and Bermuda. The SR thing is the only aspect which goes against him, though one can imagine his state when he stood among the ruins! And if only WC matches are for commanding respect, not even Dravid commands any respect from me. What was he doing vs BD? IMO, we should criticise the team as a whole and not select players separately. If the team lost, even a 100 scored at the a run a ball goes in vain. And from that point of view, the whole Indian team has lost respect, not just one player here or there!! I hope I could make my point clear.

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi Ganguly did ok in the world cup. But whats the point in playing him in the ODIs any longer. We only needed his services for the world cup because of his experience & also because our youth wasnt ready. IMO, neither SRT nor Ganguly must be picked for ODIs any longer (inspite of any short term benefits) as they wont last till the 2011 world cup.

feverpitch, obviously the intent here is to build the team for the next WC.
2 1/2 years ago, we were fed another WC dream. We know where that dream lies now. U cant build for a WC that's 4 yrs off with the present team. that has to be effected at the Ranji level. There are numerous matches and tourneys in the next one year itself. We cant lose them AND claim that its all experimentation, as GC did. We have to do both together -- play AND WIN for now, and prepare for the next WC. Besides, no one knows what the future holds. Injuries, dips in form etc, can end many a career between now and 2011.
Based on general form & fitness criteria, i cant think beyond Dravid (among the seniors) who will last the distance.
I doubt whether RD will last the distance too. But then again, who can say for certain. Sanath, Macko and Hayden are doing just fine, aren't they?
There is simply no young candidate ready for captaincy yet.
I think either of YS and VS could have been tried out.
Besides, the attitude of SRT & Ganguly of late have been in question.
I'm certain that if tomorrow RD fails to toe the BCCI line, his attitude will be called to question too. In this regard, GC has indeed taught a great lesson... not to the cricketers, but the officials -- fight your personal wars via the media, there will always be a few rats out there to carry ur msg.
So there is no obvious choice for captaincy at the moment. In the absence of a clear alternative, the selectors have opted to continue with the status-quo. Beggars cant be choosers. Dravid isnt a great captain, but is the better of the worst at the moment. Reflects the poverty of our cricket.
I've said before why I disagree.

Ganguly did ok in the world cup. But whats the point in playing him in the ODIs any longer. We only needed his services for the world cup because of his experience & also because our youth wasnt ready. IMO' date=' neither SRT nor Ganguly must be picked for ODIs any longer (inspite of any short term benefits) as they wont last till the 2011 world cup.[/quote'] Yeah right. Warne, Martyn et al should have been rested after 2003 WC coz they didnt last till 2007 WC. Wait, then, why did they persist with Hayden? He was not performing for a looong time till about 7-8 months ago. He should have been rested from odis after 2003 as well. Now I get your message. Its the WC 2011 which matters. All other matches and tournaments in between are to be used for 'experimentation' of the 'process', results be damned. Where have I heard this before?

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi LMAO, attitude of SRT and SCG has been questioned by whom other than GC (trying to pass the buck along with the help of his brother) and some people full of hatred and imaginative minds believing a publicly proven liar when it suits their line of thinking.

Ganguly did ok in the world cup. But whats the point in playing him in the ODIs any longer. We only needed his services for the world cup because of his experience & also because our youth wasnt ready. IMO' date=' neither SRT nor Ganguly must be picked for ODIs any longer (inspite of any short term benefits) as they wont last till the 2011 world cup.[/quote'] Thats what I said and we need not criticise them for that. If they've been dropped for building the team for future, why give them stick that they don't command respect or whatever! Both have served our country for a long period and we should feel lucky to get players like them, not give them stick for some unknown, unidentified reason!!

Besides, the attitude of SRT & Ganguly oflate have been in question.
Not in my life will I agree with this. Who should I believe? A coach who could not face the heat and went on passing the buck? Or the draconian BCCI officials who 'd do anything to keep the players down, caring a damn about cricket? Or the player who has given his heart and soul to cricket since last 18 years? The players who have been the only ones to bring a little joy to us cricket lovers? Obviously I'll believe the players and pity those who don't!!

Ganguly did ok in the world cup. But whats the point in playing him in the ODIs any longer. We only needed his services for the world cup because of his experience & also because our youth wasnt ready. IMO' date=' neither SRT nor Ganguly must be picked for ODIs any longer (inspite of any short term benefits) as they wont last till the 2011 world cup.[/quote'] Yeah right. Warne, Martyn et al should have been rested after 2003 WC coz they didnt last till 2007 WC. Wait, then, why did they persist with Hayden? He was not performing for a looong time till about 7-8 months ago. He should have been rested from odis after 2003 as well. Now I get your message. Its the WC 2011 which matters. All other matches and tournaments in between are to be used for 'experimentation' of the 'process', results be damned. Where have I heard this before?
Dont know what you are rattling on & on about. Most bilateral ODI series are meaningless, atleast for me. With the amt of cricket that is played (close to 40 ODIs a year), who will remember/care for these results The only ODI games that matter are the big triangulars (to a lesser extent), Champs trophy & world cups (to a greater extent). You want Ganguly & SRT to toil in the 100+ degree heat & play Bangladesh in an ODI series ? And exactly what purpose will it serve ? And your comparisons to the Aussie players are laughably nonsensical. Warney retired from ODIs, post 2003, plain & simple. And Marto & Hayden were very much part of Australia's world cup plans post 2003. The fact they faltered in between (& forced the axe on themselves), has nothing to do with Australia's strategy And Marto didnt wait till he was pushed. He saw the signs & left. If he were playing for India, fans like u will still be bitchin about why he's not playing ODIs vs Bangladesh. And Hayden, was a victim of the Aussie bench strength, plus his own bad form. Because his replacement krapich didnt grab his spot, he left the door open for Haydos who grabbed it back with both hands. To put things in perspective, Hayden now, is only one year older than Ganguly and an year & half older than SRT, but interms of fitness & strength, perhaps 2 years younger than both. But he will likely hang his boots from ODIs after the world cup.

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi Some fertile minds went to work with how many days some players had to spend because of their contracts, yet they forgot, during the prime of one of those, one guy used to practice and spend the most time in the nets. Why not use the same imagination to figure out why then others with fewer contracts thus more time were not as active with cricket.

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi ^Agreed, SRT (fitness & form permitting), can be asked to play big tournaments like the ones u point (provided we dont unearth any big talent when these games are played). But playing these guys in meaningless bilateral ODI series, will cut short their Test career

Bumper' date=' if you are masochistic enough to watch India lose say 30/40 odi's a year for 4 years, with 18 year olds, with the hope that they will win the WC when they are 22, suit yourself. Im sure others dont share your views.[/quote'] Yeah right we won all the games playing SRT & Ganguly recently didnt we ? :hic: From 20% W/L ratio we may slip to 18%. :lmao:

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi Feverpitch, There is no point in playing our senior players in these bilateral ODI series. It is more important to keep them fresh and fit for ALL the tests. I'm only against giving players unnecassary stick on the basis of some garbage media reports! And I'm talking about the entire cricket team here, not just one or two players. We must respect our players who've done so much for the cricket of India--be it Sachin or Ganguly or Dravid or anyone!!

Feverpitch, There is no point in playing our senior players in these bilateral ODI series. It is more important to keep them fresh and fit for ALL the tests. I'm only against giving players unnecassary stick on the basis of some garbage media reports! And I'm talking about the entire cricket team here, not just one or two players. We must respect our players who've done so much for the cricket of India--be it Sachin or Ganguly or Dravid or anyone!!
x2

Feverpitch, There is no point in playing our senior players in these bilateral ODI series. It is more important to keep them fresh and fit for ALL the tests. I'm only against giving players unnecassary stick on the basis of some garbage media reports! And I'm talking about the entire cricket team here, not just one or two players. We must respect our players who've done so much for the cricket of India--be it Sachin or Ganguly or Dravid or anyone!!
x2
:hmph: