Desi morality

Guest Gunner

Desi morality  

1. 1.

It changes every generation if not every few years. 30-40 years ago seeing your husband before marriage was not acceptable, then till the 80s females had a little say , then love marriage was a taboo and now in some cities even live in relationship is considered ok. The funny thing that I see every now and then is that people from my generation would say "yaar I dont want to raise my kids in Aus/US else they wont have the same values.. they wont take care of us when we get old ". What they forget is that they themselves are mistaken when they consider that they have the same values. 99% of NRIs leave their parents in India , spend very little time with them but want their kids to look after their parents, why ? Most of my friends got married inter-caste or some even inter religion but the thought of their daughter marrying an American is scary. Why ? People need to learn to accept change. My father lived in a village for first 18 years of his life , I grew up in small cities in UP till I was 16 and then lived in Delhi and now I live overseas. So I want my kids to follow what my father saw/followed in a village or what I saw/followed in cities like Meerut , dehradun or Delhi or like how most people live in Melbourne ? I will follow what my parents did and that was to support kids , dont tell them what to do but yes guide them about wrong things in life.

another perfect example of a woman who has set her self morals!
You know that is not true. This is another example of a girl who doesn't live her life because her dad frightens her or her boyfriend through intimidation. I cannot accept this as natural.

But why? Why shouldn't sex be just fun? (Protected, of course, just so that there aren't more clueless people making more clueless ppl) Why this validation procedure of a relationship? Fidelity is the most corrosive 'ideals' iin our society, and one that is unfortunately deeply ingrained. I'm not saying it is wrong to want to be with one person forever, just that feelings or emotions are by nature transitory and it is unfair to expect yourself or another person to feel the same for a long, long time. p.s. such a juicy topic and I'm stuck at work flirting with the placement of library cells. :wall:
Yo flamy, I really needed you here among these neo-conservatives. Honestly what happened to highly educated people being liberal and all that. I have no clue what all these people are on about. I have already demonstrated that this concept of "morals" is fear and hypocrisy. They actually feel proud of themselves, dear god.

I have honest talks with my sister about this. I ask her to keep me on loop, and talk to me whenever she feels like about anything she wants. I share some of my own vulnerabilities to keep the conversation grounded and not have her look up to me too much. I tell her at the end, she is the most important person in her life and whatever she does must be to please herself, and not our parents, me or society.
Flamy boy, I iz love you moarrrrrrrrr. I do exactly the same with my sis.

You know that is not true. This is another example of a girl who doesn't live her life because her dad frightens her or her boyfriend through intimidation. I cannot accept this as natural.
its not fear its a perfectly rational decision that us girls make and out happy with what is so unnatural about that??