Apart from this Game, 50 Overs is getting a bit boring

Rajiv

Not really. Indian batsmen made a mockery of the run chase. Very poor sense of play, IMO. GG's run out was unnecessary, Kohli's attempt to lift the run rate quite unasked and unwarranted for. MSD is fast becoming a liable as a batsman in the team and is a big worry since UV is not in the middle order. RSD is playing a perfect innings and needed some support on the other end.

Same plots in the middle - slow bowling, tuk tuk stuff, it loses the spice after 1st 15-20 and the end 40 overs is good actually
I have been saying it since the start of CT. All the matches have been one-sided till now in the Champions Trophy. Yesterday was the first competitive match but ultimately that also was quite one-sided. The stadiums were quite empty including even host matches though yesterday was the only jam-packed stadium. I can still bet the CLT20 will be much interesting with packed stadiums and close matches. I would also vote for 40 overs in ODI as it would make more interesting throughout the 40 overs. But the power play overs should still remain at 20 then too.
Look at NZ/Lanka game today - nice and sunny day game - hardly any crowd if this was 20/20 - it would have been packed Cricket is just like tech dial up vs high speed - once u introduce something, the want and taste changes
It also has to with the busy schedule nowadays. Cricket always has the most viewers from the Indian subcontinent and with the gradual development of India, people have also turned a lot busier nowadays and get a lot lesser free time. So, when shorter formats were introduced the game became more exciting and so people started neglecting the older formats. Even in India you dont find full crowds in a test match nowadays and it is quite obvious. People do not want to waste so much time and that too for a possibly draw match. But cricket fans still want a match where the teams can prove their talents and not win by flukes like in t20s. So, 40 overs will be the ideal choice as it would bring more excitement into the match while it would also save time by around 1:30 - 2 hours and so it would be a lot more popular if introduced. I dont like the four 25 over innings as advised by Sachin because that will be merely prolonged t20 instead of a ODI and those matches would again depend on luck more than talent. In 40 overs talent will matter while the game would not be boring too in between.