No bowling attack deserves a mention in current ODI teams

champ

^Lol! Did you take a peak at Pakistan phaassht bowlers figures? 149 runs in 23 overs :laugh:
Did you look at Gauti's batting class. He was smacking even good balls for boundaries. In addition free hits cost pakistani pacers big time. Its one of those cases where you are entitled to make your own observation. I saw pakistani pacers troubling the batsmen far more often, despite going for runs. Indian snail squad on the other hand gave away effortless easy runs.
Did you look at Gauti's batting class. He was smacking even good balls for boundaries. In addition free hits cost pakistani pacers big time. Its one of those cases where you are entitled to make your own observation. I saw pakistani pacers troubling the batsmen far more often, despite going for runs. Indian snail squad on the other hand gave away effortless easy runs.
Nehra was the best fast bowler on the day - Pakistani fast bowlers got more suitable conditions to bowl in and were still hammered for much more than the Indian bowlers. We lost the match because of the crap dished out by Harbhajan in comparison to Afridi and Ajmal.
Nehra was the best fast bowler on the day - Pakistani fast bowlers got more suitable conditions to bowl in and were still hammered for much more than the Indian bowlers. We lost the match because of the crap dished out by Harbhajan in comparison to Afridi and Ajmal.
Nehra was the most successful bowler of the day but Aamer was by far the best. I could see him troubling Indian batsmen even more if it wasnt for Gauti outclassing him. Nehra did a decent job too but he cant put the batsmen under pressure. Besides if go by stats alone Yusuf's inning would be regarded better than Gauti's onslaught.
Nehra was the most successful bowler of the day but Aamer was by far the best. I could see him troubling Indian batsmen even more if it wasnt for Gauti outclassing him. Nehra did a decent job too but he cant put the batsmen under pressure. Besides if go by stats alone Yusuf's inning would be regarded better than Gauti's onslaught.
Nehra bowled an exceptional line and length. They showed his ball groupings on TV and everything was pitched within a 2 feet * 2 feet area. And Aamer got more bowler friendly conditions to utilize. Umar Gul was utter crap like RP Singh.
Nehra bowled an exceptional line and length. They showed his ball groupings on TV and everything was pitched within a 2 feet * 2 feet area. And Aamer got more bowler friendly conditions to utilize. Umar Gul was utter crap like RP Singh.
Mate I agree with the above (especially the bolded part) but for me Aamer was still more threatening than Nehra, which can be attributed to better bowling conditions I suppose.
Mate I agree with the above (especially the bolded part) but for me Aamer was still more threatening than Nehra' date=' which can be attributed to better bowling conditions I suppose.[/quote'] well if you agree they got better bowling conditions and still bowled crap ... pathetic from them too.. they have issues and it just got masked with the win.. i dont want bowlers like amer gul and stuff in our teams who dont even have a sense of bowling crease .. pathetic
Another excuse for out pathetic indian bowling. First it was slow speed guns then slow pitches then busy schedule now because few other teams conceded 300+ runs its okay for our slowpokes to get smacked around. Pakistani bowling was indiscipline but far better than ours. Aamer was fast and furious, Rana bowled some decent yorkers too. I wont compare spinners cause bhajji is far better than ajmal and afridi combined. We cant expect miracles from bhajji in every game especially with RP on the end bowling at the same pace. Didnt happen against SL in compaq cup final, bar spinners.
take a look at the score india made in finals against what was supposed to be a good bowling attack. that gives an idea of conditions in compaq cup...
Yeah, Gul is getting worse day by day. He can't use the new ball and now he is getting thrashed with the old ball.
take a look at the score india made in finals against what was supposed to be a good bowling attack. that gives an idea of conditions in compaq cup...
You gotta be kidding me pitch in compaq cup final was far more bowler friendly than this pitch. That ground is infamous for "win the toss, win the game" scenario. This year alone team that batted first have won all the games.
You gotta be kidding me pitch in compaq cup final was far more bowler friendly than this pitch. That ground is infamous for "win the toss' date=' win the game" scenario. This year alone team that batted first have won all the games.[/quote'] why r u contadicting ... teams batting first have won all the games .. why?? bcos of the big scores made.. why ?? bcos the pitches are not bowler friendly.. we fans are missing good bowling these days .. with noballs ball bowled .. bouncers over the batsmen and keepers .. instance : naved in ind vs pak game .. huh :P
You gotta be kidding me pitch in compaq cup final was far more bowler friendly than this pitch. That ground is infamous for "win the toss' date=' win the game" scenario. This year alone team that batted first have won all the games.[/quote'] of course the centurion pitch was good to bat .. so only YK chose to bat to give the pathetic pak batsmen first use of pitch.
why r u contadicting ... teams batting first have won all the games .. why?? bcos of the big scores made.. why ?? bcos the pitches are not bowler friendly.. we fans are missing good bowling these days .. with noballs ball bowled .. bouncers over the batsmen and keepers .. instance : naved in ind vs pak game .. huh :P
There is no contraction, its a well known fact that premadasa is a graveyard for any team batting second. Pitch gets slower and ball tends to stay low not to mention swing factor under lights. Its pretty silly to pass a judgment on the pitch, based solely on first inning batting performance. So going by your logic successful chases only take place on bowling friendly pitches and batting friendly pitches result in failed chases. As far rana uncle is concerned, he showed more variation than our pacers, bowling some halfbaked yorkers and bouncers despite going for runs.
There is no contraction, its a well known fact that premadasa is a graveyard for any team batting second. Pitch gets slower and ball tends to stay low not to mention swing factor under lights. Its pretty silly to pass a judgment on the pitch, based solely on first inning batting performance. So going by your logic successful chases only take place on bowling friendly pitches and batting friendly pitches result in failed chases. As far rana uncle is concerned, he showed more variation than our pacers, bowling some halfbaked yorkers and bouncers despite going for runs.
why not on batsmen friendly wickets .. the team batting first score big and put it out of reach .. batting under lights and pressure of chasing become difficult.. in fact bowler friendly wickets give a chance to both teams.. look the SL vs eNG game.. who wld have given a chance to england to win against sl. u can chase 300 scores .. but one in 5 games.. period
why not on batsmen friendly wickets .. the team batting first score big and put it out of reach .. batting under lights and pressure of chasing become difficult.. in fact bowler friendly wickets give a chance to both teams.. look the SL vs eNG game.. who wld have given a chance to england to win against sl. u can chase 300 scores .. but one in 5 games.. period
I am really sorry but I am really not getting what you are trying to say.
10 Apr 1997...4 successful and 7 unsuccessful run chases for. Now tell me how it relates to appalling performance of our pacers.
Because all pacers have got hammered in the first innings here. 5 times out of the last 7 the team batting first has scored 300+ and on one of the occasions the Asia-Africa match was played on an underprepared track. So effectively that's 5 out of 6.
Because all pacers have got hammered in the first innings here. 5 times out of the last 7 the team batting first has scored 300+ and on one of the occasions the Asia-Africa match was played on an underprepared track. So effectively that's 5 out of 6.
And you believe this is a one off case where our pace bowlers were taken to the cleaners?? They are getting smacked around all over the world and far more consistently. Why would you get selective with stats, either include the overall record or stick to current year. I still dont know if you defending our toothless attack or barely suggesting that everyone gets hammered in the centurion park.