Roman Polanski arrested

triam

Guest Gunner
Given what happened to Phil Spector' date=' I doubt Polanski will get off lightly if he's tried in the US. He's in his late 70s now. If he goes to jail he could end up dying there.[/quote'] Which he would fully deserve.

He drugged and raped a 13 year old when he was in his 40's. He should be meted the same "rape-rape" in prison. He was convicted(of a much lesser charge because he was a celebrity) but fled before sentencing. So statue of limitation doesn't come into play. There are a lot of eminent movie personalities that have come out in this pedo's support. There is a huge list on some website. It includes Michael Mann, Woody allen (obviously), Steven soderberg, monica belluci etc but thankfully the support from french govt seems to be waning down due to public outlash.

Guest Gunner
He drugged and raped a 13 year old when he was in his 40's. He should be meted the same "rape-rape" in prison. He was convicted(of a much lesser charge because he was a celebrity) but fled before sentencing. So statue of limitation doesn't come into play. There are a lot of eminent movie personalities that have come out in this pedo's support. There is a huge list on some website. It includes Michael Mann, Woody allen (obviously), Steven soderberg, monica belluci etc but thankfully the support from french govt seems to be waning down due to public outlash.
A lot of french people (my friends) feel sick and offended by the stance that their government initially took.

Guest Gunner
Ironically' date=' Poland, which just approved castration for pedos a few weeks earlier, wants this pedo released.[/quote'] Well he is probably the most famous Polish output since the last Pope.:winky:

Many posters slamming Polanski and wanting justice for his actions, were also giving every godd dammn excuse possible for whacko Jacko! p.s I wanted jacko nailed by the justice system and Polanski to feel the force of the law as well.
Although I dont support jackson, he was acquitted by the courts dude, where as polanski was convicted. maybe that is why some users were defending MJ.

Although I dont support jackson' date=' he was acquitted by the courts dude, where as polanski was convicted. maybe that is why some users were defending MJ.[/quote'] Yeah Whacko(paid of his victims so bought his innocence) was innocent and so was OJ Simpson(gloves did not fit apparently) in the eyes of the court!!!!!!!!!! People were desperate to make excuses for peodo Whacko Jacko and these same people are now showing moral outrage at Polanski and lack of justice. Hypocrites

Guest Gunner
Yeah Whacko(paid of his victims so bought his innocence) was innocent and so was OJ Simpson(gloves did not fit apparently) in the eyes of the court!!!!!!!!!! People were desperate to make excuses for peodo Whacko Jacko and these same people are now showing moral outrage at Polanski and lack of justice. Hypocrites
Irrational outrage will get you nowhere. MJ may or may not have been culpable of paedophilia whereas in the case of Polanski there is no such doubt. OJ's case doesn't come close to the MJ trial. The OJ trial was a race circus with an incompetent judge who was mercilessly pressurized.

Guest Gunner
Let me get this right. You think Polanski is gulity' date=' you think OJ is guilty but your hero whacko jacko INNOCENT!!![/quote'] You are missing the point. I am only saying that in the case of MJ there was reasonable doubt. Whether he is innocent or not is beyond my knowledge. Further you asked if MJ had stood trial and I proved he had and was acquitted (the value of that is an entirely different debate).