Roman Polanski arrested

triam

Acclaimed movie director Roman Polanski (director of "The Pianist") was arrested in Switzerland yesterday for a crime he committed 30 years earlier of having sex with an underage girl (13). Lot of support for polanski, asking him to be released. your thoughts?

Why should he be released? Because he's a famous movie director? Some comedian, I can't remember who off the top of my head, but it may have been Jim Jefferies asked, "How famous do you have to be to be able to **** a kid?" He pointed out Charlie Chaplin was a pedo, but why is it never talked about or why was nothing done about it? Because he was the most famous silent movie actor/comedian? Also Elvis Presely was brought up as well. But nobody says nothing, why? Because he was the King of Rock n Roll?

For consensual sex' date=' maybe excused, for a rape (which is what he did)no he would not be excused.[/quote'] It was statutory rape AFAIK since the girl was 13.

So it was consensual sex. But for someone as old as 46' date=' it's inexcusable.[/quote'] No dude it was NOT consensual, even if it WAS what Gunner implied is that a 13 year old CANNOT consent for sex with any adult. If you want proof it was a rape, please read the court transcript of the then 13 year old girl, it is cold blooded rape. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/polanskia1.html. read pages 18-25

Guest Gunner
i cant reconcile myself to the fact that many europeans and especially the French think of Polanki's crime as pardonable .what kind of morality is that?
The point here is that the Europeans are more against the fact that he has been arrested 30 years after the crime and consider this exercise futile. I don't know anyone in my office for example who supports Polanski or his actions. This is not really a question of morality. But all said and done the guy should have been arrested long ago and I hope he spends some serious prison time for his crime.

Guest Gunner
he was arrested and confessed too but fled the country when he knew he was facing big jail time.there is no statute of limitations on a sex crime.
I agree with that. Of yourse there is no statute of limitation for a convicted criminal.

Guest Gunner
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/29/polanski.victim.profile/index.html#cnnSTCText The victim's view on what has happened so far. You can clearly see how weak she is and how that mofo has used his power all these years. The good thing is the swiss have rejected his bail plea. The Swiss have shown once again that they have balls to do the right thing.