How does McGrath deliver all the time ?

Bumper

Okay .Mcgrath was a champion in removing top order .He got a great slip too which was not the case with bowlers like Imran,Kapil,Wasim,Waqar or even srinath. Mainly in subcontinent the grounds were not condusive for diving especially in those days .Our fileders were generally lazy and less athletic. Pakistanis are the worst . Nothing to take from Mcgrath the great,just stating a fact. I believe Ambrose as the best in the 90s in tests.

What an absurd comment to make .Wasim used to take the wickets of the most destructive openers in the world cricket consistently .That is Adam Gilchrist and Sanath Jayasurya. And again his battle with Viv Richards during late 80s was a sight to behold. http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/5390.html?class=2;template=results;type=batting;view=bowler_summary Again batsmen like Desmond haynes ,Mark Waugh ,Brian Lara ...alot of the names he dismissed quite often . If u don't like him and prefer Donald over him fine .Donald is a champion bowler .But don't talk out of ingnorance.Wasim was also responsible for many wickets falling from the other end too. i saw waqar looking very average and expensive sometimes, it is Wasim with his nagging variety suffocate the batsman .Shoaib another one who can be very expensive and way ward . Manoj prabhakar got his career destroyed by Jayasurya.poor comparison. And Wasim is the best death over bowler i have ever seen . He just won't give much . Waqar was great too but far more expensive .Akhtar if he chucks he will fine .
? What does Wasim taking wickets of guys like Jayasuriya and Gilchrist have to do with anything. Even Agarkar has gotten these guys out many times. That's just ONE part of the profile. I am sure Wasim had a greater percentage of tailender wickets than other bowlers of his time. If you have stats that can prove this to be wrong, then show me and i'll happily admit that i was wrong. Otherwise, don't call it an absurd claim by giving me some half-assed argument which proves nothing. Now, THIS is how you bust open a truly ABSURD comment;
Okay .Mcgrath was a champion in removing top order .He got a great slip too which was not the case with bowlers like Imran,Kapil,Wasim,Waqar or even srinath. Mainly in subcontinent the grounds were not condusive for diving especially in those days .Our fileders were generally lazy and less athletic. Pakistanis are the worst .
What a load of garbage. You're equating a tailender bully like Wasim with Imran and Kapil, even though these two guys took MORE top order wickets than Wasim ever did ? Almost 50% of Kapil's wickets were top order batsmen. Imran Khan's % is 46, Vaas is an incredible 52. Can you explain this statistical disparity ? Tell me, why didn't hard grounds, lazy fielding, and average slip fielding stop them from consistently taking top order wickets ? I'll tell you why - because they weren't tailender bullies. Besides, these paki bowlers, especially Wasim, got a lot of lbws and bowleds so the slip fielding wasn't a huge factor in their wicket tally.
I may be wrong' date=' but could Wasims lower order wicket stats have something to do with a great ability to swing the ball at the death, so his overs were saved for that job?[/quote'] Possibly. But we all can unanimously agree that taking top order wickets is harder than taking lower order/tailender wickets.
What a load of garbage. You're equating a tailender bully like Wasim with Imran and Kapil, even though these two guys took MORE top order wickets than Wasim ever did ? Almost 50% of Kapil's wickets were top order batsmen. Imran Khan's % is 46, Vaas is an incredible 52. Can you explain this statistical disparity ? Tell me, why didn't hard grounds, lazy fielding, and average slip fielding stop them from consistently taking top order wickets ? I'll tell you why - because they weren't tailender bullies. Besides, these paki bowlers, especially Wasim, got a lot of lbws and bowleds so the slip fielding wasn't a huge factor in their wicket tally.

If u agree Vaas > Imran or Vaas > Marshall .i am agreed Wasim is a tailender bully.And who was vaas's new ball parner in his prime .Who was Imran's new ball partner in his prime ? And who was wasim's partner in his prime ? Yes Vaas > Garner also . Oh, so what happened to the slip fielders, hard grounds, lazy outfielders argument ? No, i don't agree. That's a nonsensical claim because you are only considering one part of a player's profile. I just think Wasim is very overrated, but i can accept that he is an all-time great. OK, Priya ?

Oh, so what happened to the slip fielders, hard grounds, lazy outfielders argument ? No, i don't agree. That's a nonsensical claim because you are only considering one part of a player's profile. I just think Wasim is very overrated, but i can accept that he is an all-time great. OK, Priya ?