Nehra is awful and should not be anywere near Indian team

Well, then make me your mind. When Harbhajan bowled well in t20s without a wicket, he was criticized. So now Nehra has been a regular wicket taker and you want to drop him, for a fact he seems to the only one who is picking wickets in our bowling lineup
2/55-60 runs anyday over a 0/40 spell, especially for someone bowling the middle overs. Not taking a wicket in the entire spell doesn't help the team(expecially with 20 overs of power plays) unless its a 0/20-25 kind of a spell.
Well, then make me your mind. When Harbhajan bowled well in t20s without a wicket, he was criticized. So now Nehra has been a regular wicket taker and you want to drop him, for a fact he seems to the only one who is picking wickets in our bowling lineup
I think a fair few posters can validate the fact that I was certainly not one of those criciticising Bhaji, in fact you will find I was singing his praises in all formats:--D
2/55-60 runs anyday over a 0/40 spell' date=' especially for someone bowling the middle overs. Not taking a wicket in the entire spell doesn't help the team(expecially with 20 overs of power plays) unless its a 0/20-25 kind of a spell.[/quote'] Give me 5 bowlers bowling 0/40 over 5 bowlers bowling 2/66 anyday:--D Do the math you will see I am right. O god please give us 5 bowlers who can deliver 0/40.:pray: We can chase 200 anyday of the week :dance:
Its bad but acceptable considering hes picking up 2 wickets every match. ur turn now:P
They are all young with talent. Given that their econmoy rates are better then Nehras they will keep it tighter. They will improve and develop whil playing as young and talented, while Nehra is old and pants and will get worse and worse(he is already bad) . Nehra is going down the hill , while others are moving up. Him taking a place is stifling development of others.
They are all young with talent. Given that their econmoy rates are better then Nehras they will keep it tighter. They will improve and develop whil playing as young and talented' date=' while Nehra is old and pants and will get worse and worse(he is already bad) . Nehra is going down the hill , while others are moving up. Him taking a place is stifling development of others.[/quote'] Why dont u say the same for ZK?
Give me 5 bowlers bowling 0/40 over 5 bowlers bowling 2/66 anyday:--D Do the math you will see I am right. O god please give us 5 bowlers who can deliver 0/40.:pray: We can chase 200 anyday of the week :dance:
And gimme 5 bowlers capable of taking 2 wickets for 55-60 runs every match, we will win 9 out of 10 games!!
Why dont u say the same for ZK?
ZK gets a much longer rope as he is a proven class act. It would be idiotic not to back somone of fo ZKs ability and drop him. He will be given the space to deliver. He is our only true world class pacer, so to treat him by same yardstick as goofy is nonsense. Nehra on other hand has always been rubbish and is continuing to be rubbish. I nearly cried with pain when he got recalled and his buffett bowling since then has resulted in more tears! He gets smoked at 6 an over. Get him out of here now. If you lot claim all other pacers are just as bad(which I refuse to believe) then better of opening with a spinner. I would back bhaji to go for less runs with new balll then goofy!
And gimme 5 bowlers capable of taking 2 wickets for 55-60 runs every match' date=' we will win 9 out of 10 games!![/quote'] Maths was not your strong point was it!!! Your 5 bowlers would have oppo at 300 all out after 50. While my 5 would have oppo at 200 for no wicket after 50! I think I would prefer to chase 200:--D Now you see how important economy rate is!
ZK gets a much longer rope as he is a proven class act. It would be idiotic not to back somone of fo ZKs ability and drop him. He will be given the space to deliver. He is our only true world class pacer, so to treat him by same yardstick as goofy is nonsense. Nehra on other hand has always been rubbish and is continuing to be rubbish. I nearly cried with pain when he got recalled and his buffett bowling since then has resulted in more tears! He gets smoked at 6 an over. Get him out of here now. If you lot claim all other pacers are just as bad(which I refuse to believe) then better of opening with a spinner. I would back bhaji to go for less runs with new balll then goofy!
Whatever u say,the fact is that ZK has been equally bad if not worse than Nehra in recent months.maybe we should drop him n he should concentrate on test matches,no?
Maths was not your strong point was it!!! Your 5 bowlers would have oppo at 300 all out after 50. While my 5 would have oppo at 200 for no wicket after 50! I think I would prefer to chase 200:--D Now you see how important economy rate is!
u r really talking stupid now,everybody is not Vijay.do u really think teams will not attack n contnue to score at 4 an over,if they dont lose wickets
u r really talking stupid now' date='everybody is not Vijay.do u really think teams will not attack n contnue to score at 4 an over,if they dont lose wickets[/quote'] I was only having laugh not literally. But if a bowler keeps it tight but takes no wickets thats fine by me in odis. That presuurre will create wickets elsewere. And even if it doesn't not bothered, as a boweler who keeps rate down is number 1 priority in odis. I guarntee any bowler who keeps it tight will pick up his fair share of wickets anyway
Maths was not your strong point was it!!! Your 5 bowlers would have oppo at 300 all out after 50. While my 5 would have oppo at 200 for no wicket after 50! I think I would prefer to chase 200:--D Now you see how important economy rate is!
And you always bunked your history classes , didn't you? A look into cricket history will tell you that a team will never score 200/0 in 50 overs. Maybe you could check the history, and lemme know :--D.
I was only having laugh not literally. But if a bowler keeps it tight but takes no wickets thats fine by me in odis. That presuurre will create wickets elsewere. And even if it doesn't not bothered, as a boweler who keeps rate down is number 1 priority in odis. I guarntee any bowler who keeps it tight will pick up his fair share of wickets anyway
not really,its wickets that bring the run rate down n not the otherway round unless u really squeeze in.the holding job can be done by our part timers n 5th bowling option.the main bowlers need to pick up wickets Bhajji is a prime example.he was economical but couldnt pick up one wicket in entire T20WC.end result,there was no pressure n we conceded big scores
not really,its wickets that bring the run rate down n not the otherway round unless u really squeeze in.the holding job can be done by our part timers n 5th bowling option.the main bowlers need to pick up wickets Bhajji is a prime example.he was economical but couldnt pick up one wicket in entire T20WC.end result,there was no pressure n we conceded big scores
You guys act as if Nehra is some wicket taking machine but goes for a few. Bhaji in the table above provide by another poster has the same average as Nehra but destorys him in economy rate. Nehras average is ok but nothing amazing. If you link that to his pathetic econ rate you see he is bowling awfully and a real negative in the team. He is like a batsman scoring a 50 in odis(cant compare it to a ton as Nehra dont take that many wickets) in 100 balls. Yeah he got the runs but the strike rate was pathetic and actually cost the team! This is reflected in his number 66 in the world rankings, while bhaji who yopu are criticising is ranked number 9!
You guys act as if Nehra is some wicket taking machine but goes for a few. Bhaji in the table above provide by another poster has the same average as Nehra but destorys him in economy rate. Nehras average is ok but nothing amazing. If you link that to his pathetic econ rate you see he is bowling awfully and a real negative in the team. He is like a batsman scoring a 50 in odis(cant compare it to a ton as Nehra dont take that many wickets) in 100 balls. Yeah he got the runs but the strike rate was pathetic and actually cost the team! This is reflected in his number 66 in the world rankings, while bhaji who yopu are criticising is ranked number 9!
i'm not criticising Bhajji.i was just giving u an example how econ. bowling yields nothing. n Bhajji is a spin .can compare him with Nehra.hes supposed to be our strike bowler n take wickets,but hes not doing it sufficiently.hes economical yes,but not picking up wickets. Nehra on the other hand,is our support bowler,his job is to support our spinners n hes doing a fair job of that