India expresses concern over China’s objection

veer

India expresses concern over China’s objection K.V. Prasad Arunachal Pradesh an integral part of India NEW DELHI: India on Tuesday expressed disappointment and concern over China objecting to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Arunachal Pradesh for the poll campaign. It asserted that the State is an integral and inalienable part of the country and that the comment did not help the ongoing boundary talks between the two countries. Reacting to a statement from Beijing, Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Vishnu Prakash said the people of Arunachal Pradesh were India’s citizens who proudly took part in the mainstream of the country’s vibrant democracy. He said China was well aware of this position of the Government of India. ‘Established practice’ He said that in the country’s democratic system it was an established practice for its leaders to visit States where elections to Parliament and to the State Assemblies were taking place. The Government of India, he said, was deeply committed to ensuring the welfare of its own citizens across the length and breadth of the country. The Chinese objection was to Dr. Singh’s visit to the State on October 3 to campaign ahead of the October 13 Assembly poll that witnessed 72 per cent turnout on Tuesday. India and China have jointly agreed that the outstanding Boundary Question would be discussed by the Special Representatives appointed by the two Governments. The 13th round of talks between the two Special Representatives, M.K. Narayanan and Dai Bingguo, was held in New Delhi during August this year. “We, therefore, express our disappointment and concern over the statement made by the Official Spokesman of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, since this does not help the process of ongoing negotiations between the two Governments on the Boundary Question,” the spokesperson said. New Delhi said it hoped that China would similarly abide by this understanding. India’s concern was communicated to Chinese Ambassador Zhang Yan during his scheduled meeting with the Joint Secretary (East) Vijay Gokhale. External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna told a television channel that the Dalai Lama would visit Arunachal Pradesh as per his schedule. ----- disappointed and concerned?? wth?? Arunachal Pradesh is our state.. why the hell we need to ask china for this.. we gotta show some spine against china.. we pay too much attention to pakis..

disappointed and concerned?? wth?? Arunachal Pradesh is our state.. why the hell we need to ask china for this.. we gotta show some spine against china..
We are showing lot more spine against China than most other countries, including United States. Obama is yet to meet Dalai Lama simply because it will peeve off the Chinese, even though Obama has all the time in the world to rub shoulders with Chavez and Ahmedinejaad! India is not only allowing Dalai Lama to move inside Indian territory but also providing full support to go to places like Arunachal with decent Buddhist population and right under Chinese nose. Of course the Chinese would be frustrated.
we pay too much attention to pakis.
Indeed. I wished Indians realized how stupid we look getting caught up with comparisons with Pakistan. xxx

We are showing lot more spine against China than most other countries, including United States. Obama is yet to meet Dalai Lama simply because it will peeve off the Chinese, even though Obama has all the time in the world to rub shoulders with Chavez and Ahmedinejaad! India is not only allowing Dalai Lama to move inside Indian territory but also providing full support to go to places like Arunachal with decent Buddhist population and right under Chinese nose. Of course the Chinese would be frustrated. Indeed. I wished Indians realized how stupid we look getting caught up with comparisons with Pakistan. xxx
No we are not showing enough spine.. Comparision with US is incorrect since they are located thousands of miles away and we are right next to them.. Also, China is not occuping any of american land unlike our's... I went to Sikkim last year for my honeymoon.... and I found out from locals that Chinese are occuping lot of our area in that region.. and we are not doing anything.. they even attacked our territory in recently and nothing was said in media or in govt.. I was in shock when they talked to me about what is going on.. sikkim, darjeeling sell more chinese goods than Indian goods in those places.. i mean what the F .. but I agree with you on your point on pakistan..

No we are not showing enough spine.. Comparision with US is incorrect since they are located thousands of miles away and we are right next to them.. Also, China is not occuping any of american land unlike our's... I went to Sikkim last year for my honeymoon.... and I found out from locals that Chinese are occuping lot of our area in that region.. and we are not doing anything.. they even attacked our territory in recently and nothing was said in media or in govt.. I was in shock when they talked to me about what is going on.. sikkim, darjeeling sell more chinese goods than Indian goods in those places.. i mean what the F .. but I agree with you on your point on pakistan..
You have raised 2 interesting points Veer: 1) India's geographical position vis a vis China. 2) Chinese incursion in Indian territory. Regarding point 1) I am still surprised, to this day, how few non-Indians realize India shares its border with China. Maybe we have not done enough to educate the world but being in the "same region" (which is what world thinks of India-China) is NOT exactly same as sharing borders. I am reminded of my conversation with a Scotsmen during Kargil war when he wondered aloud why India needed to have Nuclear weapons in the first place when we could beat Pakistan easily in a conventional warfare? When I mentioned we had to have it considering we have a huge border with China, he immediately understood and went something to the affect of Damn right you need it then... Point being, we need to educate(diplomatically atleast) and drive benefits out of it geo-politically and strategically. 2) Chinese incursions. Yes I have heard about this too. I did read it in the media though not so much. I would like Indian troops to be more focused on Eastern border since China-Burma-Bangladesh nexus is what may actually hurt us more if we keep obsessing about Pakistan. Also it would help if Indians started visiting North-East and not simply talk about it. Full points to you for going there for honeymoon when you could easily have gone anywhere. xxx

We are showing lot more spine against China than most other countries, including United States. Obama is yet to meet Dalai Lama simply because it will peeve off the Chinese, even though Obama has all the time in the world to rub shoulders with Chavez and Ahmedinejaad! India is not only allowing Dalai Lama to move inside Indian territory but also providing full support to go to places like Arunachal with decent Buddhist population and right under Chinese nose. Of course the Chinese would be frustrated. Indeed. I wished Indians realized how stupid we look getting caught up with comparisons with Pakistan. xxx
China's muscle flexing should be stopped now. It would be unwise on India's part to succumb to Chinese pressure. They might be developing at a faster pace. But mark my words, if there is war between India and China, then the West would back India. The world has got pissed off with these Chinese communist crap and everybody wants to end it soon. Nobody wants a communist undemocratic nation to be at the top of the world. :hatsoff:

China's muscle flexing should be stopped now. It would be unwise on India's part to succumb to Chinese pressure. They might be developing at a faster pace. But mark my words' date= if there is war between India and China, then the West would back India. The world has got pissed off with these Chinese communist crap and everybody wants to end it soon. Nobody wants a communist undemocratic nation to be at the top of the world. :hatsoff:
a) No war is gonna happen between India-China. b) If it does happen Western world is not going to do anything about it. xx

a) No war is gonna happen between India-China.
That is possible if Chinese start the crap about Indian PM visiting any part of India. China does not have any right to point fingers at any Indian visiting any of India's states. We are not cribbing about Chinese ministers visiting Tibet. I think this all has settled ages ago and we have long acknowledged that there is no confusion over the things. 1) Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of India and China has not got to do anything with it. 2) Tibet has been accepted as a part of China and India is not cribbing about it. 3) Akshai Chin is a part of China and India is not ripping China's ass over it. So, we have to accept these basic things and go ahead in our own ways. India is not ripping their ass and so I dont think they have any right to piss us off. We are not concerned about anything happening in Tibet and so WTF should be concerned about Indian PM visiting Arunachal Pradesh. Frankly speaking, China is pissing India too much lately. I understand there can be one misunderstanding, two misunderstanding or three but when it happens repeatedly it cannot be just a mistake. And China is repeating its mistakes in the last few days.
b) If it does happen Western world is not going to do anything about it. xx
Mark my words, western countries will back India in case of war. China is also supporting North Korea which is a well-known enemy of US while the rest of the world is with US. China is thereby also challenging US and I am sure they will not like it. US wont miss a chance to rip their ass if needed in the future. US also knows well that either India or China will be the biggest player in Asia and India is an important ally and is a democracy too. So, they would surely back us.

The simple fact of the matter is that the current situation is directly related to the Communists holding back the Indian govt during the 4 years that they were part of the UPA. It was during that time that China started taking outrageous assertive actions and reneged on an agreement on border dispute that was agreed upon during the NDA time. It was sickening to see the Communists actively campaign for Chinese companies and visas to Chinese workers. Finally the Indian govt is waking up, especially the Home and Defence ministries. OTOH the SM Krishna manned foreign ministry has more often than not played things down, whether it be China or Pakistan. SMK is not fit for his job and needs to go, or we will have the equivalent of Shivraj Patil in the Foreign ministry for 5 years. Edit: Looks like the MEA has objected to Chinese projects in PoK, so maybe they are also waking up. Better late than never.

That is possible if Chinese start the crap about Indian PM visiting any part of India. China does not have any right to point fingers at any Indian visiting any of India's states. We are not cribbing about Chinese ministers visiting Tibet. I think this all has settled ages ago and we have long acknowledged that there is no confusion over the things. 1) Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of India and China has not got to do anything with it. 2) Tibet has been accepted as a part of China and India is not cribbing about it. 3) Akshai Chin is a part of China and India is not ripping China's ass over it. So, we have to accept these basic things and go ahead in our own ways. India is not ripping their ass and so I dont think they have any right to piss us off. We are not concerned about anything happening in Tibet and so WTF should be concerned about Indian PM visiting Arunachal Pradesh.
I have said it earlier and I don't mind repeating it again. If India is not cribbing about Tibet that is partially driven by the fact that Indians do not know much about their own history, culture and geography. Tibet is more Indian in nature than Chinese. Tibetans themselves beleive that. The Tibetan refugees are absorbed in Himachal, Delhi and most of them end up once a year to my birth place Gaya, incidentally a place where Dalai Lama often visits. It is frustrating to think not many Indians even realize the sacred places of Buddhists, where they are and how many people visit them. Why would Tibetans want to go under CHinese who would not only lord over them but also stop them from worship??? Heck they have rendered Dalai Lama as a seperatist! Which moronic country can call a man like Dalai Lama a seperatist is beyond me. But yeah if Indians have started to give up on Tibet it is a crying shame.
Mark my words, western countries will back India in case of war. China is also supporting North Korea which is a well-known enemy of US while the rest of the world is with US. China is thereby also challenging US and I am sure they will not like it. US wont miss a chance to rip their ass if needed in the future. US also knows well that either India or China will be the biggest player in Asia and India is an important ally and is a democracy too. So, they would surely back us.
China has been supporting anti-US operations for ages. They were the muscle behind Vietnam. What happened?? They are the supporters of Iran? What happened? They are supporting North Korea who keeps blasting nuclear weapons. What happened? They are the key country that helped Pakistan develop Nuclear weapon that has every chances of falling into wrong hands. What happened?? They are simply too big a power to make mad. If Western countries did so, which they wont, China can blast Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and everything around it. Heck they have missiles to hit every Western countries. So if I were you I wont be so confident about this. xxx

I have said it earlier and I don't mind repeating it again. If India is not cribbing about Tibet that is partially driven by the fact that Indians do not know much about their own history, culture and geography. Tibet is more Indian in nature than Chinese. Tibetans themselves beleive that. The Tibetan refugees are absorbed in Himachal, Delhi and most of them end up once a year to my birth place Gaya, incidentally a place where Dalai Lama often visits. It is frustrating to think not many Indians even realize the sacred places of Buddhists, where they are and how many people visit them. Why would Tibetans want to go under CHinese who would not only lord over them but also stop them from worship??? Heck they have rendered Dalai Lama as a seperatist! Which moronic country can call a man like Dalai Lama a seperatist is beyond me. But yeah if Indians have started to give up on Tibet it is a crying shame. China has been supporting anti-US operations for ages. They were the muscle behind Vietnam. What happened?? They are the supporters of Iran? What happened? They are supporting North Korea who keeps blasting nuclear weapons. What happened? They are the key country that helped Pakistan develop Nuclear weapon that has every chances of falling into wrong hands. What happened?? They are simply too big a power to make mad. If Western countries did so, which they wont, China can blast Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and everything around it. Heck they have missiles to hit every Western countries. So if I were you I wont be so confident about this. xxx
I agree that Western countries have not done anything as they are too big to mess with. But do you think West will let a golden opportunity of supporting India against China in case of war. I dont think so. It is a known fact that growing economic progress of China is a pain in the ass for the West. They know that there is a communist govt. in China and it will be terrible for the world if they start dictating things in the world. I again repeat that if there is war between India and China due to China's fault then the West will back India for sure. And right now all the fault is of China as they are pissing India off repeatedly whereas we are not even interfering in any of their personal matters.

Surprise, surprise. No one is talking about Paksters backing China in a confrontation with India. You know which countries would back us ? Israel and the USA for sure. China hasn't had the guts to take over Taiwan all these years..the last time they made the most aggressive military movements in 1996....US sent a few aircraft carriers and China backed out. Surely, this is not 1962 - but our war/intelligence preparedness has always been very lackadaisical and reactive. I think that needs to change.

Surprise, surprise. No one is talking about Paksters backing China in a confrontation with India. You know which countries would back us ? Israel and the USA for sure. China hasn't had the guts to take over Taiwan all these years..the last time they made the most aggressive military movements in 1996....US sent a few aircraft carriers and China backed out. Surely, this is not 1962 - but our war/intelligence preparedness has always been very lackadaisical and reactive. I think that needs to change.
Dont care about a crap poor nation backing China as it does not matter :headshake: Pakistan's economy can be said to be 1% of China and so it does not matter if they back up China with finance or arms. And US is anyways in their home and it would take a few hours to wipe off Pakistan like they did to Afghanistan. :giggle:

I agree that Western countries have not done anything as they are too big to mess with. But do you think West will let a golden opportunity of supporting India against China in case of war. I dont think so. It is a known fact that growing economic progress of China is a pain in the ass for the West. They know that there is a communist govt. in China and it will be terrible for the world if they start dictating things in the world. I again repeat that if there is war between India and China due to China's fault then the West will back India for sure. And right now all the fault is of China as they are pissing India off repeatedly whereas we are not even interfering in any of their personal matters.
What has West to gain from antagonizing China? At best it would help them subdue China, at worst they would have a war at hand that can wipe out their best allies - Japan, Taiwan, Korea and even parts of Europe, if not USA as well. Why would they risk all of that for India is beyond me. The best way to judge how a country shall respond in future is how they have responded in the past. West has not come to a war against China on Vietnam, or Korea, or Pakistan or Iran and they are not going to do it for India as well. xxx

What has West to gain from antagonizing China? At best it would help them subdue China, at worst they would have a war at hand that can wipe out their best allies - Japan, Taiwan, Korea and even parts of Europe, if not USA as well. Why would they risk all of that for India is beyond me. The best way to judge how a country shall respond in future is how they have responded in the past. West has not come to a war against China on Vietnam, or Korea, or Pakistan or Iran and they are not going to do it for India as well. xxx
The West backed India during the Indo-China war after independence. India lost the war but the West backed India and China had to retreat FYI.

The West backed India during the Indo-China war after independence. India lost the war but the West backed India and China had to retreat FYI.
I truly hope you are not expecting the same kind of "backing" this time! Pressuring China after they have invaded India, captured Indian territories and then "pressured" into retreat without surrendering the captured territory. I sure as hell wont want that backing.

I truly hope you are not expecting the same kind of "backing" this time! Pressuring China after they have invaded India, captured Indian territories and then "pressured" into retreat without surrendering the captured territory. I sure as hell wont want that backing.
You're right; they will "back" India with words, of course. They will condemn, express dismay, and shout from the rooftops of the UN HQ that China has violated India, and will strongly urge China to pull back. They may even provide token humanitarian aid. But they will not lift a finger to help India militarily. Why? China has hijacked their economy, and they cannot afford to antagonize them.

Things were different, then. Today's economic and military realities will not allow that. China has ensured - quietly - that the Western world depend on them to keep their economic machine humming.