Whats your Raashi - Hypothetical

Rajiv

Just watching this movie, not sure how many have seen it but...if something similar came upon ! what would u do and how would u handle it Please respond genuinely, no bravdo just coz its the net For those who haven't seen it You are in your final year in MIT, great life, a job lined up and great future Alas, you get a call from India where you have to get married in 1 month ( so the in-laws can pay the debts off, or its a condition ) to save your family from going to the street due to bad financial decisions. The family owes money to people who can get you shot as well on top of legal issues Now, India doesn't have debt settlement ( I think ) - what would you do! Sacrifice and get married quickly Ask them to quickly run away with you to the US ( considering they have US visas ) Go away to a different city in India ( if US is not an option ) Refuse and dont care about it Some other solution

so within a month i have to pay off all the financial debts is it. I think thats what you are explaining, because if the debts can wait then i am sure i can pay off in due time since i have a great job lined up. But given from your premise i am thinking its just a 1 month deadline or the family goes downhill, well if that is the case then yes ill marry that girl provided the girl is atleast look-worthy :D

Interesting. I have not seen the movie, but the situation is likely.

so within a month i have to pay off all the financial debts is it. I think thats what you are explaining' date=' because if the debts can wait then i am sure i can pay off in due time since i have a great job lined up. But given from your premise i am thinking its just a 1 month deadline or the family goes downhill, well if that is the case then yes ill marry that girl [b']provided the girl is atleast look-worthy :D
What if the girl is not? But she comes from a rich family?

Interesting. I have not seen the movie, but the situation is likely. What if the girl is not? But she comes from a rich family?
hmm too many conditions man. Okay to be honest ill look into my family's well being, because it is because of them that i well in this instance have landed up with a great job. My family would have made sacrifices to have sent me to MIT and so atleast according to me that thought would predominate my thinking in this case and so yes will do what it takes to bring them out of this situation safely. Also even if they have US visas, i would not take that risk because, from the case above it is quite evident that they have landed in a big mess and that too with bad people. So even if i bring them to US i am not sure these guys would leave us. So will take the safer option and will think about my life as to what to do later. This is how i would react!!

hmm too many conditions man. Okay to be honest ill look into my family's well being, because it is because of them that i well in this instance have landed up with a great job. My family would have made sacrifices to have sent me to MIT and so atleast according to me that thought would predominate my thinking in this case and so yes will do what it takes to bring them out of this situation safely. Also even if they have US visas, i would not take that risk because, from the case above it is quite evident that they have landed in a big mess and that too with bad people. So even if i bring them to US i am not sure these guys would not leave us. So will take the safer option and will think about my life as to what to do later. This is how i would react!!
A bhai will come to US?

Hmm, show me hmm too many conditions man. Okay to be honest ill look into my family's well being, because it is because of them that i well in this instance have landed up with a great job. My family would have made sacrifices to have sent me to MIT and so atleast according to me that thought would predominate my thinking in this case and so yes will do what it takes to bring them out of this situation safely. Also even if they have US visas, i would not take that risk because, from the case above it is quite evident that they have landed in a big mess and that too with bad people. So even if i bring them to US i am not sure these guys would leave us. So will take the safer option and will think about my life as to what to do later. This is how i would react!!

Hmm, show me hmm too many conditions man. Okay to be honest ill look into my family's well being, because it is because of them that i well in this instance have landed up with a great job. My family would have made sacrifices to have sent me to MIT and so atleast according to me that thought would predominate my thinking in this case and so yes will do what it takes to bring them out of this situation safely. Also even if they have US visas, i would not take that risk because, from the case above it is quite evident that they have landed in a big mess and that too with bad people. So even if i bring them to US i am not sure these guys would leave us. So will take the safer option and will think about my life as to what to do later. This is how i would react!!
sorry i meant in my first post..highlighted below
so within a month i have to pay off all the financial debts is it. I think thats what you are explaining' date=' because if the debts can wait then i am sure i can pay off in due time since i have a great job lined up. But given from your premise i am thinking its just a 1 month deadline or the family goes downhill, [b']well if that is the case then yes ill marry that girl provided the girl is atleast look-worthy :D

I said in my 1st post Please respond genuinely, no bravdo just coz its the net You said, - no divorce, but since this was marriage of convenience, wouldn't it cross ur mind that u can go back to ur life which u paused U could take her too!

but it was a decision taken with my full knowledge, before taking the decision i would have thought about the implications. I would not use a female like that just for my convenience and let her go later. Since i had committed to this situation, i will go through the entire thing the right way, in this case stick to the marriage that helped me when i was in trouble.

but it was a decision taken with my full knowledge' date=' before taking the decision i would have thought about the implications. I would not use a female like that just for my convenience and let her go later. [b']Since i had committed to this situation, i will go through the entire thing the right way, in this case stick to the marriage that helped me when i was in trouble.
Now you are thinking only from your point of view. What about your poor wife who hates the situation she is in, what if she wants divorce? :P

In such a situation' date=' I would go for the marriage. And I would be honest to the marriage and hope, as I said, that she turns out to be a good wife. Divorce would not be an option unless it is really very bad.[/quote'] beat me to it..i was about to type the same thing.. anyway to answers Nikreds question, well if my wife is really unhappy and if she wants a divorce then yes i would go with it since marriage is not a one-way road :winky: