Give credit to this man...( Buchanand )

Ram

Just curious' date=' can you substantiate that statement with verifiable evidence?[/quote'] A good coach would've made some impact for KKR as well. BTW, you are also making a lot of assumptions. The fact is OZ team ruled cricket during his time, but you assumed that he had a lot to do with it.
Excellent defense for someone quite ordinary. A good coach would have made some impact despite all the debacles (some real and some OTT as usual) with KKR. And yes' date=' I'm guilty of giving more weight to Warne's words over Ponting's.[/quote'] What about Langer? Or do you not trust the praise of someone who was known as the Brown Nosed Gnome for a good part of his career, largely due to his asskissing ways? :laugh:
A good coach would've made some impact for KKR as well
I dont know how you could possibly make such a blanket statement. There are so many things that influence the impact a coach has on his team.
BTW, you are also making a lot of assumptions. The fact is OZ team ruled cricket during his time, but you assumed that he had a lot to do with it.
?? What else do we can we infer/assume? Lets say a company does really well and becomes market leader. Whats the natural thing for people to say? 'They have a very good management team..' I suppose? You will never hear anyone saying 'Oh, their management was pathetic, but still somehow did well..' I am telling what are the natural conclusions a person can draw from Buchanan's tenure. You're the one making an unnatural inference. So, the onus is on you to prove it, not me. Again, restating the same thing over and over again does not make it true or believable. If you think Buchanan was not a good coach, prove it to me? Were his coaching techniques defective? Were his man-management skills pathetic? Show me and I'll believe you.
What about Langer? Or do you not trust the praise of someone who was known as the Brown Nosed Gnome for a good part of his career, largely due to his asskissing ways? :laugh:
Salil, I am amazed you say that of someone whose career literally started only well past his 30s. If Langer were really (in)famous for his ass-kissing, I dont think he would have stayed out of the Aussie team for as long as he did.

Not convincing at all. Team OZ was playing quite well long before Buchanan, it just got better, and their talents are more behind that. If you think you're right about a coach's influence on a team, and if he's the best coach ever, then where was he hiding while coaching KKR? So go ahead, put the onus where ever you like, but you're simply contradicting yourself.

Salil' date=' I am amazed you say that of someone whose career literally started only well past his 30s. If Langer were really (in)famous for his ass-kissing, I dont think he would have stayed out of the Aussie team for as long as he did.[/quote'] Can you explain how in a professional sports team, ass-kissing can have a strong correlation with one's place in the side (when it's picked by a neutral selection panel and run by a professional board)? Just because he wasn't in the team in the 90s doesn't mean he wasn't an ass-kisser (a pretty well known fact, especially given his nic of the Brown Nosed Gnome from a lot of people). I'd like to see some concrete evidence to prove otherwise, rather than just statements from someone who has very little knowledge of behind-the-scenes workings with the Australian team.