Do Indian domestic cricketers also take rest

ViruRulez

The BCCI domestic schedule has also increased a lot nowadays and there are tons of domestic T20 competitions it seems nowadays. But are the domestic cricketers able to keep up to the pace. I dont know much about domestic cricket but I just went to cricinfo and was surprised to see that Rajat Bhatia and Yogesh Nagar were playing in the T20 match for Delhi today which is within a few hours after they completed playing their match for Delhi Daredevils yesterday. I was quite surprised to see their names and there is another Delhi match tomorrow. So, do they get rest properly nowadays or is it continuous cricket for them. The DD vs Cobras match ended at around 12 yesterday and considering some celebrations it must have been quite late they reached home and got some sleep. Then again a match today again might just be too demanding for both the players. The good thing is that Delhi won the match and their performance today are great with Bhatia picking up 2 wickets and hitting quickfire 42 off 24 balls and Nagar also picking a couple of wickets. But still is this schedule within 24 hours too tedious for the cricketers or is it justified. I see T20 cricket included too much into domestic cricket too and so I just thought that is there need for so many T20 tournaments at domestic level too. I agree that Ranji etc. will not judge the player's true potential for other formats but can there not be a few 50 over competitions rather than pushing a lot of T20 tournaments in domestic cricket giving the domestic players less rest. I firmly believe that T20 can never judge the potential of a player especially at the domestic level and it is just for entertainment. Your views about this cramping of T20 tournaments nowadays :hatsoff:

I dont know much about comestic scheduling But I do remember reading an article by Akash Chopra on the very hectic domestic schedules trying to fit the many competitions into a season and how players dont get any breaks His point IIRC was less from a tiredness Pt of view but more from a being unable to work on potential weaknesses in case of loss of form. Because theres no downtime, youre always in matches and being exposed.

I dont know much about comestic scheduling But I do remember reading an article by Akash Chopra on the very hectic domestic schedules trying to fit the many competitions into a season and how players dont get any breaks His point IIRC was less from a tiredness Pt of view but more from a being unable to work on potential weaknesses in case of loss of form. Because theres no downtime, youre always in matches and being exposed.
I also dont know much about domestic cricket neither have I read the Akash Chopra article. But it was just a bit awkward for me to see the names of the two players in today's Delhi match after they played till 12 in the midnight last night for the DD match. Regarding performance, it did not affect much instantly I suppose as they had some of the best figures in the Delhi team in both bowling and batting departments. But yes my concern is also on the long term and if they are able to perform to potential with such a lot of domestic cricket especially T20.