DTH/Cable India

ViruRulez

Viru' date=' local cable wallah's are the cheapest way to get feed, ranging from 190-325, depending on where you live in India, you are being cheated if your Cable Guy doesnt provide you with these sports channels. Ask him to contact the Neo Sports Distributors, imo Woh tereko chuna laga raha hai.[/quote'] saale ko pata nahi tha ki India-Aus series bhi hai.. I have scolded him today and said him to get the Neo channels should come immediately.. no I dont think ki wo chuna laga raha hai.. he is giving 238 channels including each and every channel in India as well as most channels abroad .. even TATA sky etc. gives less than 150 channels in its full package and he is giving me a lot more .. chuna to nahi laga raha hai but I dont think he knew about it.. I have told him and hopefully he will get it soon.. I get the matches on DD too but listening to hindi commentary sounds absurd :giggle:

Shane do you know how to connect STB with the computer for recording .. he is not allowing me to use his STB on my computer but if I know a method I can try it on my computer too as I have his cable connection on my computer too .. BTW I use Pinnacle internal TV card on my computer FYI
Viru, One option would be to connect the RF behind your STB to your PC using co-ax, You can also use S-Video is your STB has an option.

Viru' date=' One option would be to connect the RF behind your STB to your PC using co-ax, You can also use S-Video is your STB has an option.[/quote'] What is co-ax :hmmm: .. I am not that good in those technical terms which are alien to me :--D .. yes I have S-Video option on my Pinnacle TV card on my computer.. but the STB has got three wires coming out which goes to the three audio/video ports on the TV .. the ports are there also in an external TV card and I used it before.. but how to connect the three pins/cords of the STB to my internal TV card

saale ko pata nahi tha ki India-Aus series bhi hai.. I have scolded him today and said him to get the Neo channels should come immediately.. no I dont think ki wo chuna laga raha hai.. he is giving 238 channels including each and every channel in India as well as most channels abroad .. even TATA sky etc. gives less than 150 channels in its full package and he is giving me a lot more .. chuna to nahi laga raha hai but I dont think he knew about it.. I have told him and hopefully he will get it soon.. I get the matches on DD too but listening to hindi commentary sounds absurd :giggle:
Around 150 of those channels are Free to Air, the sports channels are the costliest ones amongst most others.

What is co-ax :hmmm: .. I am not that good in those technical terms which are alien to me :--D .. yes I have S-Video option on my Pinnacle TV card on my computer.. but the STB has got three wires coming out which goes to the three audio/video ports on the TV .. the ports are there also in an external TV card and I used it before.. but how to connect the three pins/cords of the STB to my internal TV card
Most of the TV tuner cards have composite in (Red,Yellow,White), Does your STB have S-Video out? setbox1_new.gif No.2 is RF.

Most of the TV tuner cards have composite in (Red,Yellow,White), Does your STB have S-Video out? setbox1_new.gif No.2 is RF.
yup.. thats what I was saying.. the three pins/cables in red, yellow, white.. I have that in the STB .. where do I connect them in the computer (I have internal TV card on my desktop)

yup.. thats what I was saying.. the three pins/cables in red' date=' yellow, white.. I have that in the STB .. where do I connect them in the computer (I have internal TV card on my desktop)[/quote'] So you used to connect to cable directly? In that case connect from the RF to your Card using a similar cable.

So you used to connect to cable directly? In that case connect from the RF to your Card using a similar cable.
yup I had a cable slot ... ok just went and checked the STB.. there is a TV out slot and it is similar to the cable slot .. so I just need to connect a similar cable from the TV out and connect it to my computer you mean and that would be it :dance:

yup I had a cable slot ... ok just went and checked the STB.. there is a TV out slot and it is similar to the cable slot .. so I just need to connect a similar cable from the TV out and connect it to my computer you mean and that would be it :dance:
Yes exactly! But the quality over composite (red,white,yellow) > co-ax.

Yes exactly! But the quality over composite (red' date='white,yellow) > co-ax.[/quote'] Shane I got the RF cable yesterday and connected the STB to the TV tuner using coax.. but after that I scanned my TV card and the STB did not show in my TV card software.. I use AV2 in my normal TV and then use the STB remote for everything but where can I get the STB channels in my TV tuner .. I dont have AV2 in my TV tuner and so I am a bit confused

Shane I got the RF cable yesterday and connected the STB to the TV tuner using coax.. but after that I scanned my TV card and the STB did not show in my TV card software.. I use AV2 in my normal TV and then use the STB remote for everything but where can I get the STB channels in my TV tuner .. I dont have AV2 in my TV tuner and so I am a bit confused
Ow, a couple of things then, check out for an S-Video out on the STB (not sure about sound) or may be the PC H/W i.e. TV tuner requires an upgrade for the Digital channel transmission. :(

Ow' date=' a couple of things then, check out for an S-Video out on the STB (not sure about sound) or may be the PC H/W i.e. TV tuner requires an upgrade for the Digital channel transmission. :([/quote'] But Shane for a normal STB if it is connected through RF then where does it show the channels.. I mean in TV you have got AV1/AV2 etc. where you can watch it and the STB remote controls the channels instead of the TV remote .. but in case of a STB connected to a TV tuner card where do the channels show.. and which remote controls the channels, the TV tuner one or the STB one

But Shane for a normal STB if it is connected through RF then where does it show the channels.. I mean in TV you have got AV1/AV2 etc. where you can watch it and the STB remote controls the channels instead of the TV remote .. but in case of a STB connected to a TV tuner card where do the channels show.. and which remote controls the channels' date=' the TV tuner one or the STB one[/quote'] RF would show on the TV itself, the RF use is actually analog, i.e. try connecting RF to your TV set, you would get Analog Signals on the TV mode and Digital Signals on the AV2 mode. I used the STB remote. Other than the S-Video (doubtful about the Sound) I think only a H/W upgrade might suffice.

RF would show on the TV itself, the RF use is actually analog, i.e. try connecting RF to your TV set, you would get Analog Signals on the TV mode and Digital Signals on the AV2 mode. I used the STB remote. Other than the S-Video (doubtful about the Sound) I think only a H/W upgrade might suffice.
I scanned once after connecting using normal cable quick search in my TV tuner software after connecting the RF into my TV card.. I got only around 40 channels and those were really pathetic quality .. worse than the direct cable connection to my computer.. and the STB remote was also not working

I scanned once after connecting using normal cable quick search in my TV tuner software after connecting the RF into my TV card.. I got only around 40 channels and those were really pathetic quality .. worse than the direct cable connection to my computer.. and the STB was also not working
STB doesnt work? :hmmmm: There isn't any reason why it shouldn't! My RF cable is short in length, so can't connect it to my PC to check, however when connected to the TV it works fine and both the STB and the TV work. Anyways Viru Bhai, I think your PC needs composite in for Digital In. 103364.jpg

STB doesnt work? :hmmmm: There isn't any reason why it shouldn't! My RF cable is short in length, so can't connect it to my PC to check, however when connected to the TV it works fine and both the STB and the TV work. Anyways Viru Bhai, I think your PC needs composite in for Digital In. 103364.jpg
I checked the back of the CPU and the three composite RCA pin jacks are not there .. the only ones present in the TV card are TV/RF in and SVideo (others like remote pin etc. are not related to these) .. the yellow, white and red jacks are not there at all.. it also works fine on my TV .. there are three composite jacks in my tv and I connected them and they are absolutely fine.. I just need to change to AV2 on my TV and thats it .. but on my computer my STB is not being detected when I connect it to the TV tuner card