Two pakistani teenagers die and 12 wounded in a shootout over playing cricket

ViruRulez

Karachi: A dispute over the use of a cricket ground in Tarnaul, a small hamlet near capital Islamabad, resulted in death of two teenagers and left 12 others wounded on Friday evening. “One group was already playing with at the Jangi ground when the other group reached there and claimed they would play there. This led to a big argument and fighting broke out.” “Both the rival groups fired on each other in which the two youngsters, Wasim and Ashfaq both 18 years of age were killed instantly by gunshot wounds. While 12 other people were wounded and taken to hospital,” the SHO of the Tarnaul police station, Allah Baksh told reporters. He said police was further investigating the matter and had detained number of people involved in the firing incident. Cricket is a highly popular sport in Pakistan and people from all strata of society in the urban and rural areas follow it passionately. Challenge cricket matches with tennis balls are common in villages and cities.
Kids carrying guns and then killing on cricket field. That is simply ridiculous. That sums up the law and order in the country.

kia pagaal pan hai yaar... in india we cant even keep an axe inside home aur padosi's mostly all of them have an easy access to LMG's and Kalashnikov's... If still they dont realize and correct there mistakes they are going to ruin themselves and there country.

wow....unbelievable. This is what happens when you arm your kids and teach them hatred from childhood.
Its not the hatred which is the problem.. a teenager doesnt think twice before he commits.. we have all passed this stage ( we were not as idiot as they are) like picking up a fight for stupid reasons for eg other team not turning up to play or was it a 4 or 6 .. but it never ever went into extremes only a rare fist war. The problem for them is easy access to Guns and other potential killing objects,when they have these easy access (mostly available at home) they don't think twice before using it.

Its not the hatred which is the problem.. a teenager doesnt think twice before he commits.. we have all passed this stage ( we were not as idiot as they are) like picking up a fight for stupid reasons for eg other team not turning up to play or was it a 4 or 6 .. but it never ever went into extremes only a rare fist war. The problem for them is easy access to Guns and other potential killing objects,when they have these easy access (mostly available at home) they don't think twice before using it.
Yup thats the main problem. Their country has promoted terror and violence to such an extent that even kids are getting access to guns. In India, even an adult is not allowed a license for a gun unless there is huge need of it. In India, it is nearly impossible to get a license for a gun and you wont see any normal person carrying a gun. Nobody is allowed to sell guns or any kind of arms in India and holding a gun in India without license is a big criminal offence

But don't you think when children are taught that killing is not necessarily bad, they are more likely to do it? They also see their countrymen killing people around the world, they see their elders support such killings with passion always putting the blame on others. It just tells the kids that killing is no big business, rather it may make you famous and popular.

But don't you think when children are taught that killing is not necessarily bad' date=' they are more likely to do it? They also see their countrymen killing people around the world, they see their elders support such killings with passion always putting the blame on others. It just tells the kids that killing is no big business, rather it may make you famous and popular.[/quote'] I don't know if thats the case. In the UK we have a massive gun crime problem with so many teens carrying guns. These people are ready and willing to kill if it comes down to it, I doubt any of them have been taught killing is OK.

I don't know if thats the case. In the UK we have a massive gun crime problem with so many teens carrying guns. These people are ready and willing to kill if it comes down to it' date=' I doubt any of them have been taught killing is OK.[/quote'] But I want to know that how does people get gun. I have also heard about many gun crimes in the UK and US. In India, you cannot get a gun license even if you rub your ass on the ground. How is it that US and UK allows these guns so easily even though being a more developed country than India. I am sure that the gun related crimes in US, UK etc. can lower down a lot if the gun license laws are made as strict as it is in India.

kia pagaal pan hai yaar... in india we cant even keep an axe inside home aur padosi's mostly all of them have an easy access to LMG's and Kalashnikov's... If still they dont realize and correct there mistakes they are going to ruin themselves and there country.
Ab yeh kuch jyadi hi ho gaya :haha:.

Even in the US playing league (tennis ball) cricket back in michigan a guy (pakistani) pulled a gun on our team' date=' 7-8 years back.[/quote'] i dont this really compares to be honest, gun crime happens in US and in UK too but not to this extent, i have lost count how many stories i have read of pakistani or even middle eastern countries using guns as part or celebrations etc infact wasnt there a story shortly after pakistan won the t20? about a girl being shot in a balcony because crowds using guns the point is in pakistan guns are too readily available and unfortunately more and more often are falling into wrong hands

I don't know if thats the case. In the UK we have a massive gun crime problem with so many teens carrying guns. These people are ready and willing to kill if it comes down to it' date=' I doubt any of them have been taught killing is OK.[/quote'] the difference is sach that majority of the population in UK also knows the implications of gun crime as its in the media day in day out also you have the gvt and police actively working on trying reduce gun crime it seems in pakistan having a gun is something to be proud of

But I want to know that how does people get gun. I have also heard about many gun crimes in the UK and US. In India' date=' you cannot get a gun license even if you rub your ass on the ground. How is it that US and UK allows these guns so easily even though being a more developed country than India. I am sure that the gun related crimes in US, UK etc. can lower down a lot if the gun license laws are made as strict as it is in India.[/quote'] These people don't have licenses for their guns, they just have them.
the difference is sach that majority of the population in UK also knows the implications of gun crime as its in the media day in day out also you have the gvt and police actively working on trying reduce gun crime it seems in pakistan having a gun is something to be proud of
Yeh people know the implications of having a gun, but that doesn't stop people from carrying them. There are many reasons for people carrying guns, could be for protection, it makes them feel powerful or they could be holding for someone. Guns can be easily bought, I don't know anyone who sells guns, but I guarantee if I went out and made a few inquiries I could get hold of one in 2 days.