Ponting gracious in defeat

kabira

Just so you know' date=' Ponting is the second most successful One Day and Test captain ever.[/quote'] Compare him to Border and Waugh!! He already have lost 2 Ashes!! Now he has lost his best team!! Australia being pawned by every1[Especiallly India]
Compare him to Border and Waugh!! He already have lost 2 Ashes!! Now he has lost his best team!! Australia being pawned by every1[Especiallly India]
Yeah! HE lost two Ashes all by himself so therefore anything he has ever done before that doesn't matter!
Yeah! HE lost two Ashes all by himself so therefore anything he has ever done before that doesn't matter!
So?? He isnt the best captain!! Had even Mohammed Ashraful had captained the Warne,Macrath,Hayden,Langers the results wud have been the same !!:--D
Even Aus agree that Steve Waugh was a far better captain than Pwnting. Yes he is a very good batsman but I dont agree that he is anywhere near a good captain. As told earlier even a Zimbabwe captain could have captained brilliant players like Gilly, Hayden, Warne, McGrath, Symo, Bevan etc. to victory. Yes he was fine but surely nowhere near the best. Waugh built the team and Pwnting just captained it. The continuous deterioration of the Aussie team after the retirement of Gilly, Haydos, McGrath etc. itself reflected of the condition of Pwnting's captaincy :giggle: :punter:
Second best' date=' still pretty good if you ask me.[/quote'] Nobody denies that he has great record as a captain. We are not discussing his records. He is great batsman But don't you think blaming umpires is not on??? He clearly said ball should have changed more often. I ask why??
Experience counts. Although siddle and bollinger had bowled beautifully' date=' they failed to pick up wickets and they let dhoni and yuvi to build a massive partnership. Bracken and lee are wicket taking bolwers. You never know, any thing would have happened if they were bowling.[/quote'] so we almost missed our most experienced bowler in Zak.. if the same logic applies then Aus would have been restricted to even a lower score and who knows they may have been bundled out :idea:
No' date=' Kabira posting one-eyed shots at Australia or Ponting at every given opportunity is not whining, just a standard modus operandi.[/quote'] YOu are mod right?? Can't you be more responsible for attacking poster?? and what did I say was wrong?? Do I make pot shots at Aussies in every thread? There is clear pot shot at Henriques and I am not even there. Its better you do your job better, stop attacking poster for nothing and try to understand what I am trying to say.
Even Aus agree that Steve Waugh was a far better captain than Pwnting. Yes he is a very good batsman but I dont agree that he is anywhere near a good captain. As told earlier even a Zimbabwe captain could have captained brilliant players like Gilly, Hayden, Warne, McGrath, Symo, Bevan etc. to victory. Yes he was fine but surely nowhere near the best. Waugh built the team and Pwnting just captained it. The continuous deterioration of the Aussie team after the retirement of Gilly, Haydos, McGrath etc. itself reflected of the condition of Pwnting's captaincy :giggle: :punter:
Yeah Steve Waugh was better no doubt. I still think Ponting has done a great job.
I was so happy that India thumped Australia after the top order collapse. But, then, I read Sidarth Monga's bulletin on cricinfo and was so freaking pissed. The first line read - http://www.cricinfo.com/indvaus2009/content/current/story/432380.html I think thats the reason y Ponting is not feeling the "defeat". He still thinks that full strength Australia can easily thump India and that too IN INDIA! I hate that Sid Monga - terrible writer!
Even lee thought Aus wud win the series 7-0:giggle:
Yeah Steve Waugh was better no doubt. I still think Ponting has done a great job.
Yup he has done a great job but in the present scenario he is just next to Dhoni :cheers: NB: Even ICC recognizes that and hence, Dhoni is captain of World XI for the last two years consecutively :icflove: