Is Dec 21, 2012 for real?

Dinx - the Jinx

Guys I may sound naive and stupid... But from the time I saw the trailor of this movie and read a few articles about it.. it keeps coming to my mind and disturbs me many time. Who would have thought Tsunami will hit Indian shores? So anything could happen.. is what I feel... I just want to know how many of you think its for real. Lesser the better. I'll feel a little relieved and reassured that nothing like that would happen. If its real, then why the great scientists of this world are not talking enough about it?

Guys I may sound naive and stupid... But from the time I saw the trailor of this movie and read a few articles about it.. it keeps coming to my mind and disturbs me many time. Who would have thought Tsunami will hit Indian shores? So anything could happen.. is what I feel... I just want to know how many of you think its for real. Lesser the better. I'll feel a little relieved and reassured that nothing like that would happen. If its real, then why the great scientists of this world are not talking enough about it?
Here: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=174792

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think that if the world is genuinly going to end, nothing we do will stop it, so what's the use of stressing about it? As for the Mayan long count calendar ending on 2012-12-21, I immediately wonder what prevented the guy from doing further calculations. He could have died suddenly. Or maybe he had a hot date. Who knows? Hope the afterlife is fun though. Don't see the point in being dead AND bored.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think that if the world is genuinly going to end' date= nothing we do will stop it, so what's the use of stressing about it? As for the Mayan long count calendar ending on 2012-12-21, I immediately wonder what prevented the guy from doing further calculations. He could have died suddenly. Or maybe he had a hot date. Who knows? Hope the afterlife is fun though. Don't see the point in being dead AND bored.
BS!! Who says we can't do anything? For example, if dinosaurs were to come back and finish the earth, I can go and kill them. If Aliens were to come and attack, I can kill them.

BS!! Who says we can't do anything? For example' date=' if dinosaurs were to come back and finish the earth, I can go and kill them. If Aliens were to come and attack, I can kill them.[/quote'] You seem very much prepared for 2012. Who are you? John Connor?:blink:

i dont know whether i'll do anything to try andstop it.. but i can spend the next 3 years doing things differently.. i wont save money/ invest money.. i will do things which i originally planned to do beyond 2012.. go on doing mischiefs hoping that i wont get caught.. etc etc
....and then nothing happens and you are screwed. :P

i dont know whether i'll do anything to try andstop it.. but i can spend the next 3 years doing things differently.. i wont save money/ invest money.. i will do things which i originally planned to do beyond 2012.. go on doing mischiefs hoping that i wont get caught.. etc etc
You probably will try to stop it, whether you think so now or not. Your need for survival will win out in the end.

I don't want to make this about religion, but let's say there is a Higher Power in charge and everything was indeed pre-ordained. If the human race is meant to be wiped out, and Mother Earth with us, we're gonna be wiped. And if we're meant to stop the threat we will.
You seem very religious alright. The idea of a higher power doesn't excite me. But that's just me. :((