Ireland to pursue Full member status

Laaloo

There are 10 - are you guys counting Zimbabwe?
Shwetabh, If I remember, Zim's test status has only been suspended, not cancelled. Even after the suspension, they've played a test series with BD, if I'm not wrong. The means, the day Zim board will get its act together, it'll get its test status back.
Best scenario : ICC creates a 2 tier system in which the 2nd tier consists of BD,Ireland, Zim,Kenya and a couple more countries. These countries have their own FTP, bilatreal series, multinational tournaments etc and get more cricket against each other. Status-quo maintained : ICC kicks out BD and brings in Ireland. Ireland becomes the new whipping boys of FTBs. Ireland fans goes across other teams forums to boast about their 1 fluke victory in 20 games against the good teams and bring up their stats against the other minnows to tell us that they deserve the spot. Worst case scenario : ICC includes Ireland as a proper member and gives all the privileges that International teams get. Ireland starts whining about BCCI not wanting a series with them.
can we combine "status-quo" and "worst case" scenarios into a single scenario? i would then vote for that scenario! :--D
Shwetabh, If I remember, Zim's test status has only been suspended, not cancelled. Even after the suspension, they've played a test series with BD, if I'm not wrong. The means, the day Zim board will get its act together, it'll get its test status back.
That's what I meant, Chandan. Their test status is suspended but they are still full members so I assumed that people were missing out to count them when they were saying they could count only 9 since 8 + BD are relatively easy to recall.