WTF!!!!! Lack of fitness!

Re: WTF!!!!! Lack of fitness! It all comes down to job security mentality.... just take dhoni's example.. why would he care about extra mile to maintain his fitness? he knows he is a star.. he knows money will come.. Its time to move on to another sport.. defeat against bangla was wake up call... i am glad those Indian businesses lost money in WC..

Re: WTF!!!!! Lack of fitness!

It all comes down to job security mentality....
Veer, It boils down to the social mentality I dare say. Do you remember for instance how the entire country was going gaga over Dhoni gulping 4 litres of milk everyday? Now where do you think those 4 litres of milk go everyday? The problem is not only limited to Indian sportsmen though they obviously get the most flack. Whenever I would fall sick in India and go to the Doctor I was amazed at how unhealthy they themselves were. About 5 and a half feet(generally speaking) with weight about 90 kg, sporting a bald head and a nice tummy. Often enough they would seem to be under tremendous stress and suffered from high blood pressure. Its a generalization of course but how different is it from the West where when you walk in to meet a Doctor you almost always see him as healthy and that kinds of cheer you up doesnt it? Not that such is the case with Doctors only. As an IT person I would reach work have my breakfast or fried medu-vada or ghee loaded upma. This was in Bombay, if I was at home I would have aloo paratha with some bhujiya to kickstart the day. Though I must say situation is changing fast now, Indians are waking up to health issues and you can see many of the posters on this MB in pretty good shape. Of course as International Professionals Indian cricketers have to be resposnible for their health and fitness but since when did Indian cricketers become a responsible bunch? xxxx

Re: WTF!!!!! Lack of fitness! Yes, Young Indians are working out and staying in shape.. but not cuz of health issues but for looks issues.. my cousin in India says most collegians have three top priorities (atleast in mumbai): going to gym, buying stylish clothes and their their hair styles.. but back on cricketers.. we need to drop players to get them back in shape.. just look at zaheer.. he was fat when he left but came back lean and mean.. drop veeru for couple of series and he will be back with vengance.. dhoni is going in same direction.. they are feeling that their places are secured.. its typical Indian attitude i know.. but typical Indian dont get to represent India on international level while getting paid in millions.. SRT, RD are the exception.. they have right attitude but veeru, dhoni, bhajji etc dont.. drop them and and scare them..