Guwahati Stadium

Shouldnt BCCI be ashamed of itself. The stands & pavilion looked like an old school building. The ground had patchy grass, it was uneven. I dont think I need to say much about the pitch. The question is, where is all the money going ? BCCI is making trillions and this proves that money is not getting to smaller cities. Shouldnt Modi & co be ashamed ?

AFAIK, BCCI does not maintain stadiums. There are stadium management teams for that. The stadiums make money when matches are hosted and then they spend a part of that money in maintenance of that stadium. Since Guwahati does not get many international matches, this stadium can not be expected to be world class right from the beginning unless someone is already investing a good deal into it. There are two ways of doing it: you create a great stadium and BCCI gives you more matches. Or BCCI gives you some matches and from the proceeds you improve the stadium.

Dont think they make Trillions.. of course they are corrupt so money is going in their pockets and not where is should be going.
well I didnt literrally mean trillions :((.. My point was that BCCI has made so much money in the last few years but Guwahati stadium is as bad as before. They could have at least leveled the outfield
AFAIK, BCCI does not maintain stadiums. There are stadium management teams for that. The stadiums make money when matches are hosted and then they spend a part of that money in maintenance of that stadium. Since Guwahati does not get many international matches, this stadium can not be expected to be world class right from the beginning unless someone is already investing a good deal into it. There are two ways of doing it: you create a great stadium and BCCI gives you more matches. Or BCCI gives you some matches and from the proceeds you improve the stadium.
Thats not a smart way to improve cricket in every part of India by a non profit org. I understand that the system sucks but I hope someone does something about it. how can Guwahati stadium be upgraded just from 1 ODI's ticket sales ?...This system is pathetic
Thats not a smart way to improve cricket in every part of India by a non profit org. I understand that the system sucks but I hope someone does something about it. how can Guwahati stadium be upgraded just from 1 ODI's ticket sales ?...This system is pathetic
They can not help it. These are different organizations at work here. The organization/company that maintains the Guwahati stadium is a different entity. BCCI can give them money, but will not be able to dictate how that money will be spent. The organization that owns the stadium has to find investments to improve the stadium. May be bank loan. BCCI can play a role here. They can promise a stadium a certain number of minimum matches if the stadium meets certain criteria. If that promise is in writing, the stadiums will find it much easier to raise an investment because the investors will be guaranteed to make their money back. It's all about creating business opportunities. So BCCI should select 2/3 stadiums each year, ask them to meet certain standards to be of international lever and promise them a certain number of matches in five years time if the standards are met. I think that will be effective.

Hyderabad was not much better: ****************** The stadium as you see it on TV is very good, but the innards are dirty. It almost feels as if they painted the stadium and ran out of cash for the rest. Rs 1000 will get you a buffet in a five-star hotel with personal attention. Here it makes you feel you've gone to a first-day show of a blockbuster film without a reserved ticket. Too much pushing and shoving, and the entrances are badly designed. Every edible item was overpriced by 300%. I like it better in Bangalore. Maybe the authorities did not envisage the turnout. Link: http://www.cricinfo.com/page2/content/story/433186.html

I get it now .. its owned/run by different organizattions so why is BCCI spending money on 2 stadiums in Mumbai or is it some other org? who maintains Eden Gardens & how? how will IPL help these smaller centers , wasnt the whole purpose of IPL was to generate money so it can be passed on to the grassroots ?

I get it now .. its owned/run by different organizattions so why is BCCI spending money on 2 stadiums in Mumbai or is it some other org? who maintains Eden Gardens & how? how will IPL help these smaller centers , wasnt the whole purpose of IPL was to generate money so it can be passed on to the grassroots ?
CAB.
May be BCCI holds stakes in those stadiums, may be the entirely own them. BCCI is in charge of cricket at every level. They may not own the stadiums, but they are the biggest client the stadiums could ever have. It's not just the international matches, but the domestic ones at state level, college levels or even school levels. BCCI can pump in big money into infrastructure, good coaching and above all, a good pay for the smaller or budding player. Imagine a 10th standard boy earning a fat check as the MOM in a school level competition. They and their families will start seeing it as a proper career. There can be advanced coaching facilities teaching the boys the right things at the right age. That's where the money will go in. All of a sudden a poor boy may find that he can support his education by playing cricket part time. Hope BCCI does that.
Hyderabad was not much better: ****************** The stadium as you see it on TV is very good, but the innards are dirty. It almost feels as if they painted the stadium and ran out of cash for the rest. Rs 1000 will get you a buffet in a five-star hotel with personal attention. Here it makes you feel you've gone to a first-day show of a blockbuster film without a reserved ticket. Too much pushing and shoving, and the entrances are badly designed. Every edible item was overpriced by 300%. I like it better in Bangalore. Maybe the authorities did not envisage the turnout. Link: http://www.cricinfo.com/page2/content/story/433186.html
He is just plain jealous. :aetsch: :((
Bhai saab the entire region has absolutely no infrastructure and you are complaining about Guwahati stadium facilities? The current edition of Outlook magazine has lead item where Arunachal Pradesh residents are wondering if they would have been better off with China. Read up when you have some time.
Amidst bonhomie, each delegation shows off its country’s achievements to the other. It was on one such trip that Ritesh witnessed China’s progress. “The roads were beautiful,” he reminisces, “the villages swank and the infrastructure fantastic. Then I recalled the road I’d taken from Tezpur over two days to get there and I began to wonder where Arunachal would have been had it continued under China post-1962.”
http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?262720 Yes the usual suspects, read politicians and bureacrats, are to be blamed for the mess but how many Indians have done so much as educated themselves on where Manipur lies on Indian map?? If it was upto me I would give more One day Internationals to states like Assam, Arunachal, Sikkim etc. The Mumbais and Delhis can keep the IPLs as far as I am concerned. xxx
doesnt matter how bad bcci is' date=' it is stil better than pcb[/quote'] but that doesnt mean BCCI gets away with hosting games in 3rd grade stadiums. Hell even the outfield had patchy grass and wasnt even leveled. I understand the ownership issues etc but still they need to do something. Work with Sports ministry or with state bodies or something. PS: why are so many politicians getting top jobs like head of BCCI (Sharad Pawar), state cricket (like laloo). They are all in for the money ... the same money they should be spending on infrastructure.