Sri Lanka in India, 2009-10

Punisher

Vizag ODI to be shifted The second India-Sri Lanka one-dayer, scheduled to be played in Visakhapatnam on Friday, will now be shifted to another venue. More... Vizag ODI likely to be shifted to Nagpur Last updated on: December 14, 2009 10:48 IST As Police admit inability to provide a fool-proof security for the second India-Sri Lanka one-dayer in Visakhapatnam, the Saurashtra Cricket Association has offered to host the troubled match. Visakhapatnam police commissioner N Sambasiva Rao said the match was unlikely to take place in the city in the wake of political crisis in the state. "It has almost been cancelled," Sambasiva Rao told PTI. Rao also expressed inability to provide security to the match in view of the current agitation against the Centre's move to initiate the process for the formation of a separate Telangana state. Meanwhile, Niranjan Shah, Secretary of the Suarsahtra Cricket Association said they were willing to host the second ODI in Rajkot where series opener is scheduled for Tuesday. "We are ready to host the second match. Both the teams are already here. If Indian Cricket Board tells us, we have no problem in hosting the match," Shah said. However, the sources say that chances are that BCCI will shift the second match to Nagpur instead of holding it in Rajkot. BCCI will decide later on Monday on the issue. Earlier, amid rumours of cancellation the Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) had on Saturday said the match will be held as scheduled despite the Telangana crisis. "The match is very much on. All arrangements are in place and we will start sale of tickets from Monday," ACA president Gokaraju Gangaraju told PTI from Vijayawada. "We have spoken to the Joint Action Committee that is organising the protests and it has assured us that the match will not be disturbed," Gangaraju added. Rumours started spreading that the second ODI would be cancelled after the scheduled sale of tickets for the India-Sri Lanka match was put on hold. "We are discussing the possibility of either shifting the match to another venue or cancel it altogether due to the ongoing political crisis. A decision will be taken soon," sources said. Andhra Pradesh has been on the boil ever since Home Minister P Chidambaram said that the process for the formation of a separate state of Telangana would be initiated and a resolution would be moved in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly. The Home Minister's announcement came after Telangana Rashtriya Samiti chief K Chandrasekhar Rao went on a fast unto death demanding the creation of Telangana. Chidambaram's announcement stoked a political furore in the state with even the ruling Congress party divided over the issue.

BCCI shifts 2nd ODI to Nagpur due to security reasons The Indian Cricket Board today shifted the second one-dayer of the five-match series between India and Sri Lanka to Nagpur after police in Visakhapatnam expressed inability to provide security for the match in the wake of political crisis in Andhra Pradesh. More...

:banghead: why Nagpur again? How many matches they will host in a season. They have already hosted ODI against Australia and T20 against Lanka. Instead of Nagpur they should have awarded it to action starved Cochin or other such venues.. what happened to the rotation policy?
its rotating.

Sreesanth hopes to be fit for fourth ODI in Kolkata "I am on my way to Bangalore now. I need a few days to recover and hope to be fit for the fourth ODI," Sreesanth told DNA on Thursday evening. More... Sreesanth hopes to be fit for fourth ODI in Kolkata Derek Abraham / DNAThursday, December 17, 2009 1:48 IST Email Mumbai: If nothing, lying on the hospital bed made S Sreesanth 'patient' -- in both senses of the word. Yes, the drips, fluids, injections and tablets confined him to the four walls of Chandigarh's Fortis Hospital, but the stint also helped him imbibe the virtue. The fit-again Keralite, who made a dream comeback to international cricket before the H1N1 virus bogged him down after the third Test in Mumbai, was discharged on Wednesday. "I am on my way to Bangalore now. I need a few days to recover and hope to be fit for the fourth ODI," Sreesanth told DNA on Thursday evening. After being on the sidelines for over a year due to various reasons including injury, Sreesanth bowled India to victory in the second Test against Sri Lanka at Kanpur. His Test exploits earned him a place in the T20 and ODI side but alas, the virus spoilt the party. "It's frustrating. I'm in good form but like I said, it's not in my hands. I'm happy I am feeling healthy again. I would like to thank all the doctors and other hospital staffers for taking care of me," he said. So, where and how did he contract the virus? "I really have no clue. I am trying to forget all of it and focus on the present. I am okay now, and that's what matters." Sree added. What was he surviving on all these days? "I actually loved whatever they gave me. I was fluids and more fluids. That's why I am able to stand on my feet so soon. I am fit but not fit enough to play 50-over game of cricket," Sreesanth said matter-of-factly.