Sri Lanka in India, 2009-10

Punisher

On December 28, the Lankans return home. Itinerary: Nov 8: Sri Lanka Team arrives at Mumbai, travels to Ahmedabad. Nov 11-13: 3-day Match at Ahmedabad Vs Board President's XI. Nov 16-20: 1st Test against India at Ahmedabad. Nov 24-28: 2nd Test against India at Kanpur. Dec 2-6: 3rd Test against India in Mumbai. Dec 9: 1st Twenty20 at Mohali (D/N) Dec 12 : 2nd Twenty20 Match in Nagpur (D/N). Dec 15: 1st ODI against India at Rajkot. Dec 18: 2nd ODI against India at Vizag (D/N). Dec 21: 3rd ODI Match against India at Cuttack (D/N) Dec 24: 4th ODI against India in Kolkata. Dec 27: 5th ODI against India in Delhi (D/N). Dec 28: Team departs.

Sri Lanka in India 2009-10 : Two uncapped players in SL Test squad Sri Lanka named two uncapped players in their Test squad for the team's tour of India starting next month. More... Sri Lanka in India 2009-10 Kandamby, Kaushal Silva get Test call-ups Sa'adi Thawfeeq October 27, 2009 Thilina Kandamby's solid one-day form has earned him a spot in the Test squad Two uncapped players, left-hand middle-order batsman Thilina Kandamby and wicketkeeper-batsman Kaushal Silva, have been named in Sri Lanka's Test squad for the tour of India starting next month. Another major change in the 16-man line-up for the three-Test series was a recall for left-arm fast bowler Chanaka Welegedera after a two-year absence from the senior side. The notable absentees are opener Malinda Warnapura and middle-order batsman Chamara Kapugedera. Kandamby has made it to the Test squad on the strength of his exceptional one-day form. Since his recall to the one-day side last year, Kandamby has been one of Sri Lanka's consistent performers scoring 618 runs from 17 ODIs at an average of 44.14 including five half-centuries. Silva is highly rated by captain Kumar Sangakkara, who once said that it was the presence of the world's best Test wicketkeeper in the side, Prasanna Jayawardene, that was keeping Silva on the sidelines. A left-hand middle order batsman Silva has been a prolific scorer for Sinhalese Sports Club in the domestic circuit and captained Sri Lanka A against Pakistan A early this year. Welegedera, 28, played his only Test against England at Galle in 2007 where he took four wickets for 76 and was hailed as the likely successor to Sri Lanka's most successful fast bowler, Chaminda Vaas. However, Welegedera failed to live up to the high expectations and faded out of contention until last season when he came back strongly with some inspiring bowling performances for Wayamba in the provincial tournament to stake a claim for a place in the Test side. Welagedera also gets a nod in for the two Twenty20s along with hard-hitting Chintaka Jayasinghe and Kaushalya Weeraratne and allrounder Muthumudalige Pushpakumara. For the five one-day internationals, fast bowler Dilhara Fernando has been recalled. Tests: Kumar Sangakkara (capt), Muttiah Muralitharan, Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Tharanga Paranavitana, Thilan Samaraweera, Angelo Mathews, Thilina Kandamby, Prasanna Jayawardene (wk), Kaushal Silva, Chanaka Welegedara, Thilan Thushara, Nuwan Kulasekera, Dammika Prasad, Rangana Herath, Ajantha Mendis. Twenty20s: Kumar Sangakkara (capt/wk), Muttiah Muralidharan, Mahela Jayawardene, Sanath Jayasuriya, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Chamara Kapugedara, Angelo Mathews, Chinthaka Jayasinghe, Kaushal Weeraratne, Ajantha Mendis, Muthumudalige Pushpakumara, Chanaka Welegedara, Thilan Thushara, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Kulasekera. ODIs: Kumar Sangakkara (capt/wk), Muttiah Muralitharan, Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Chamara Kapugedara, Tilina Kandamby, Upul Tharanga, Angelo Mathews, Thilan Samaraweera, Sanath Jayasuriya, Lasith Malinga, Dilhara Fernando, Thilan Thushara, Nuwan Kulasekera, Ajantha Mendis.

Great News !! Mumbai: India's pace spearhead Zaheer Khan is all set to make a comeback to international cricket after putting in an impressive performance in his first competitive match since returning from injury. He bowled 42 overs in Mumbai's Ranji Trophy match against Punjab, taking match figures of seven wickets for 152. The fast bowler is now certain to be picked for the Test series against Sri Lanka starting from 16th of this month. LINK Can't wait to see him bowl for Team India :dance::dance:

i dont think so.Ishant will be picked' date='hes a different bowler with red ball in hand[/quote'] hope that Ishant also comes back to his form after the return of Zak.. in most matches where Ishant bowled well he used to take regular guidance from Zak and it was mainly after Zak's injury that he became bad.. I wont like to see Ishant dropped but I would like to try out Tyagi in the remaining two matches in this series instead of Ishant.. I want to see how good Tyagi is at the international level
hope that Ishant also comes back to his form after the return of Zak.. in most matches where Ishant bowled well he used to take regular guidance from Zak and it was mainly after Zak's injury that he became bad.. I wont like to see Ishant dropped but I would like to try out Tyagi in the remaining two matches in this series instead of Ishant.. I want to see how good Tyagi is at the international level
yeah i want that too.but i definitely want Zak n ISHANT forming our pace attack in tests against Aus
yeah i want that too.but i definitely want Zak n ISHANT forming our pace attack in tests against Aus
yup that is for sure... I am saying about the third bowler.. PK is good but he is still not the class we require .. he is good on a good pitch but on a flat wicket he might be hammered badly.. I would like all three of our fast bowlers with genuine pace.. so I am looking forward to Tyagi if he can really bowl somewhat fast with good control over the ball .. anyways Tyagi should get his chance as he has worked hard for it.. if he cannot bowl well then he would again be out of the team like the others but at least he should be given an opportunity
hope that Ishant also comes back to his form after the return of Zak.. in most matches where Ishant bowled well he used to take regular guidance from Zak and it was mainly after Zak's injury that he became bad.. I wont like to see Ishant dropped but I would like to try out Tyagi in the remaining two matches in this series instead of Ishant.. I want to see how good Tyagi is at the international level
Very good point VR. Dhoni used to hand over charge to ZAK during fast bowling. ZAK would talk to Ishant and take care of field placements. Ishant bowled really well under ZAK's guidance. And that happened the best during the test series against Australia where Ishatnt and ZAK made a mockery of the Australian cricketers.
yup that is for sure... I am saying about the third bowler.. PK is good but he is still not the class we require .. he is good on a good pitch but on a flat wicket he might be hammered badly.. I would like all three of our fast bowlers with genuine pace.. so I am looking forward to Tyagi if he can really bowl somewhat fast with good control over the ball .. anyways Tyagi should get his chance as he has worked hard for it.. if he cannot bowl well then he would again be out of the team like the others but at least he should be given an opportunity
i really dont see wts wrong in Nehra.hes got pace,swing n decent control.i would like to have him ahead of Tyagi.that being said we'll only play 2 pacers so it doesnt matter too much