Himesh Reshamiya's "Radio" already a hit before even release

ViruRulez

Mumbai: Himesh Reshammiya is out to surprise his detractors yet again. The music director turned singer turned actor, who had a rather shoddy silver screen debut with ‘Aap Ka Suroor’ which was followed by another dud ‘Karzzz’, has come out as a winner in the form of ‘Radio’, for the film has been tagged as a hit already! According to reports, the film has already recovered its production costs much before its release and any ticket sales will make the film show a profit. It is believed that ‘Radio’ was made at a budget of 6 crore and the makers have already recovered the amount spent by selling the music, satellite and video rights, so, whatever money the film makes in form of ticket sales, will mean a profit for the producers. “I have applied very different sensibilities for ‘Radio’. It is aimed at a different target audience than my last two releases. I am glad that we`ve already recovered our budget costs. Also the tracks from ‘Radio’ have registered the highest online download numbers,” says a glad Himesh. If that’s not all, Himesh is also planning to go on a worldwide tour promoting ‘Radio’.
I thought it would be one of the biggest disasters of 2009. :cantstop:

I thought it would be one of the biggest disasters of 2009. :cantstop:
All those Altaf Raja fans had no one to cheer for all these years- apart from some movies Mithun, Dharmendra and Rishi Kapoor did in old age after they went insane. Now they have Himesh. Himesh movies will never flop. But when they release, don't expect to find any rickshaws on the roads.

OK. I could later on understand why the movie was already a hit before release. Himesh Reshamiya has not taken any fees for his acting, singing or music direction. He has taken rights for 100% Mumbai territory revenues and 50% overall profits from all other states. So, if the flip does not do well it will Himesh who will bear all the loss and all his acting, singing and music would go for cheap.

so he actually stars in it? Never knew he acted! I like that Mann ka Radio song, couple others are ok too
never knew he acted :hmmm: he has already done a couple of films .. one was aap ka suroor which was a surprise hit and the second one was Karzz which was a disaster .. but nowadays most producers and directors dont want to take him due to his pathetic acting. The Bhatts already shelved a high budget film featuring him half-way and others are also carrying on with the films they signed with Himesh. So, maybe Himesh is taking this new formula of doing everything for free before the film release and bank on the film's success instead. Although this might backfire but even if there is one movie with decent audience then he might be back with a bang. And above all it is a new Himesh who has left singing with his nose. :hehe:

WTF are you smoking ? AFAIK, aap ka suroor was never a hit film but it did have good opening surpassing the expectations. I watched 10 mins of the movie and shift+del the movie :D. Mann ka radio is a good song but only for it's music...lyrics are so god damn amateurish and pathetic.

WTF are you smoking ? AFAIK' date=' aap ka suroor was never a hit film but it did have good opening surpassing the expectations. I watched 10 mins of the movie and shift+del the movie :D. Mann ka radio is a good song but only for it's music...lyrics are so god damn amateurish and pathetic.[/quote'] SBI had the best opening of 2007 and was a surprise hit in the long run due the unbelievable opening AFAIK. Himesh got 5 film contracts within months of Aap Ka Suroor opening as producers were planning to make hit films with him as they would be low budgeted. But after the disaster of Karzz, producers and directors starting shelving the movies featuring Himesh and so he had to work free was in Radio banking only on post-release success. :hatsoff: Here is a rediff article about the opening. It well recovered the budget of the movie and was a mild hit too. http://www.rediff.com/movies/2007/jul/02aks.htm