How do you like em nukes?

triam

Well researched article but I absolutely hate it when American media, and this includes movies as well by the way, try to portray United States as a "hero that is watching the welfare of the world" and the other side as a villain. If you ask me the Greatest threat to the world Security in past century have been - United States and China - by far. United States keeps making the mess out of scenarios like Pakistan(or Afganistan and Iraq) and expects the world to think of it as the "Good Nation". On the other hand every time there is a riot, rebellion, terrorists activities the first thing you hear is "the culprits were carrying Chinese made AK-47". FFS these two countries should mind their business and the world would be a better place. As for Pakistan, well without US and China to intrude I have a feeling they would start handling their problems better. Yeah you can call me a naive optimist. xxx

Well researched article but I absolutely hate it when American media, and this includes movies as well by the way, try to portray United States as a "hero that is watching the welfare of the world" and the other side as a villain. If you ask me the Greatest threat to the world Security in past century have been - United States and China - by far. United States keeps making the mess out of scenarios like Pakistan(or Afganistan and Iraq) and expects the world to think of it as the "Good Nation". On the other hand every time there is a riot, rebellion, terrorists activities the first thing you hear is "the culprits were carrying Chinese made AK-47". FFS these two countries should mind their business and the world would be a better place. As for Pakistan, well without US and China to intrude I have a feeling they would start handling their problems better. Yeah you can call me a naive optimist. xxx
Lurker, what US does or wants others to think is a separate issue. Where will you draw the line and say this is the fault of Pakistan and stop shifting the blame to other countries or entities? Isnt that what Pakistan is doing right now?

Lurker, what US does or wants others to think is a separate issue. Where will you draw the line and say this is the fault of Pakistan and stop shifting the blame to other countries or entities? Isnt that what Pakistan is doing right now?
Well obviously Pakistan is the reason why Pakistan is screwed in the first place. An external power can help/assist you but not do the work for you, unless you do it yourself. India has been doing good not because of Russia or US its because of India. However my larger point was US/China's influence on most quagmires of this world, and Pakistan is a great example. Today US is struggling with Pakistan's nukes. Well guess who was supporting Pakistan's basket when they were developing Nuclear weapons? I find it hard to beleive that CIA who had complete control over Pakistan as the launchpad in Afganistan, was so dumb that they did not see Pakistan developing Nuclear weapons? Needless to say China was key helper, as was North Korea(a country that is controlled by China). Without these countries there would be no Nuclear bomb, or as Gaddafi said "Islamic bomb". Yesterday China promised to sell new fighter jets to Pakistan. Really? Thats exactly what Pakistan needs right now does it not? xxx

Yesterday China promised to sell new fighter jets to Pakistan. Really? Thats exactly what Pakistan needs right now does it not? xxx
Agree with the point you make, this is like a talented kid(pakistan) who has an alcoholic dad and a drug abusing mom, yeah you can feel sorry for how he was brought up, but after he is an adult if h e keeps squandering his talents and goes back to his mom and dad, then there is nobdy to blame but the kid himself. Pakistan should know what it needs and what it doesnt, but they are somehow oblivious, and is deeply intoxicated by their Army and their legions of conspiracy theorists ala Zaid Hamid, that there is no hope that they are going to realize the vicious spiral they are stuck in, which is a shame really.

Agree with the point you make' date=' this is like a talented kid(pakistan) who has an alcoholic dad and a drug abusing mom, [b']yeah you can feel sorry for how he was brought up, but after he is an adult if h e keeps squandering his talents and goes back to his mom and dad, then there is nobdy to blame but the kid himself.
I dont feel sorry for Pakistan at all, they deserver all the nonsense they are facing today. What I am more worried about is how US & China are totally oblivious of how they eff up everything. Truth be told Pakistan is actually a pretty smart country(if you forget how they blow each other up really). It has borrowed heavily from US, both economically and strategically, and shown two thumbs up to US. During Kargil war when US President tried to pressure Pakistan into signing no-first-nuclear-attack (something India and china have signed), Pakistan simply refused. The refusal was based on the simple fact that United States refused to sign the same policy during height of cold war. Russians wanted the same to be signed but US knew in a pure land war Russia would overrun Europe in no time. So Pakistan borrowed that philosphy and screwed US good. If only it did not happen in Indian neighbourhood I would have said serves US right. Heck the US thinktank, and citizens, still think Afganistan war was the greatest achievement of past 30 years. Nevermind the blowback that is seen everywhere today. xxx