What Are You Reading Now?

Riley's Girl

Started "Behind the Cloud: :Marc R. Benioff". Still too early to judge but first few chapters are great. the man actually hired actors to protest at a Siebel event and even hired fake cameraman to market salesforce. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0470521163/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1348809644&sr=8-1
Lol you read books?thats a joke Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely brilliant book.
Me too. The history surrounding Nazi Germany is fascinating.
im gonna read this for sure :two_thumbs_up:
:agree: How Hitler challenged the Allies is a fascinating read. At many times he didnt have any plan B but just bluffed and other nations bought it. He broke the Versailles treaty step by step and prepared Germany for war after they were humiliated in the first world war. His biggest blunder was to attack the Soviets. If it had been USA+UK+France+China vs Germany+USSR+Japan, the war would have been much closer

:agree: How Hitler challenged the Allies is a fascinating read. At many times he didnt have any plan B but just bluffed and other nations bought it. He broke the Versailles treaty step by step and prepared Germany for war after they were humiliated in the first world war. His biggest blunder was to attack the Soviets. If it had been USA+UK+France+China vs Germany+USSR+Japan, the war would have been much closer
THIS - that too for oil and food (I guess?). They would have just loaned it had he requested! Parkinson's had a role to play I guess.

Germany attack on ussr was going well and they had reached near moscow ,but then there was the harshest winter in decades.guess nature did not want germany to win.

Yeah, that was a big mistake. He made another huge mistake when after deciding to attack Russia he, for some inexplicable reason, delayed the date of attack by a few weeks and by the time he attacked, the Russian winter had set in and that proved fatal for his forces. If it had been USA+UK+France+China vs Germany+USSR+Japan then I'm sure Hitler would have won. His biggest mistake IMO was not listening to his generals, many of whom were actually brilliant.

Yeah, that was a big mistake. He made another huge mistake when after deciding to attack Russia he, for some inexplicable reason, delayed the date of attack by a few weeks and by the time he attacked, the Russian winter had set in and that proved fatal for his forces. If it had been USA+UK+France+China vs Germany+USSR+Japan then I'm sure Hitler would have won. His biggest mistake IMO was not listening to his generals, many of whom were actually brilliant.
Hitler repeated the mistakes of Germany in WW1.Fighting war in 2 fronts.He had a non agression treaty with Russia so he was quite safe in that front.After conquering France in the blitzkreig he thought he could repeat the same in Russia,which was never going to be possible.With his better larger forces being occupied in Russia he couldnot really take on Britain in a land battle and had to contend with the air raids.If only he would have finished off Britain after France and then may be thought a Russian invasion it could have meant a victory for the Nazis.There was no doubt that he possesed the best Army in the world then and would have won even in a head on battle againist combined forces of Britain and France.His attack on Russia and Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour sealed the Axis powers fate.

Lol you read books?thats a joke Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2
well I dont read, I listen to Audio books. Im in the car for 2 hrs a day so I can finish a book in a week or 2. My wishlist is The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita: or Bhagvad Gita The Satanic Verses - Salman Rushdie Joseph Anton: A Memoir - Salman Rushdie

His biggest blunder was to attack the Soviets.
Yeah' date=' that was a big mistake. He made another huge mistake when after deciding to attack Russia [/quote'] It was now or never for him. Hitler already had intentions of invading the Soviets. Stalin signed the Molotov - Ribbentrop pact in 1939 with Hitler, so he could get half of Poland post German invasion of Poland. There is one more important thing of note here. Stalin did not have the necessary force to counter Germany, so by initially signing the non aggression pact with Germany ,he had bought two years of time to build up the Soviet military. Stalin took over Finland and the Baltic states, which only raised Hitler's suspicion that the Soviets were trying to create an eastern bloc. And in this time of uncertainty, Hitler went ahead and attacked Soviet Union.

The biggest problem with Hitler's decision to attack USSR was that it created two fronts (already mentioned by s2k). Germany's army was weak after Versailles and it took years to get them back to full strengh. A lot of Hitler's strategic victories came from bloodless coups - first in Austria then the Czechs. He spent a lot of effort in building a war machinery but to bring it to a position strong enough to beat the rest of world powers together is a tall ask.