Shivsena attacks TV channel office in Mumbai

Prudent

I am really pissed off after watching the news rights now. It is the height of infringement of democracy. If IBN criticizes Bal Thackeray how does it makes sense in attacking offices. Anyways Bal Thackeray is a tuccha leader compared to giants like Obama etc. and all the US presidents have been criticized but never has there been violence in protest. It is freedom of speech every human and every media organization is offered. Shiv Sena is anyways dying down but I hate this violence being such a big party. This is completely undemocratic and I was more pissed off when I heard the SS top leaders justifying it. Mofos should be banned. I dont like news channels or Congress etc. too but I want democracy to prevail. Goondagiri cannot be tolerated at all.

SHIV SENA ATTACKS IBN OFFICES IN MUMBAI, PUNE

Mumbai: A group of 20-25 men claiming to be Shiv Sena activists attacked journalists and damaged property at the offices of IBN7 and IBN Lokmat, the Hindi and Marathi news channels of the IBN Network, in north-east Mumbai’s Vikhroli on Friday. . IBN Network journalists and other employees were beaten up and their clothes torn by the group. The attackers told employees that they would not accept reports criticizing the Shiv Sena. The Mumbai Police claims they have arrested seven Shiv Sena workers for the attack. Eight alleged Shiv Sena workers in Pune were arrested for damaging an IBN7 OB van and pelting stones at the channel’s office in the city. Sandeep Chavan, a journalist with IBN Lokmat, said the attackers in Mumbai told employees they were looking for Nikhil Wagle, editor-in-chief of IBN Lokmat, and wanted to “teach him a lesson”. Chavan said the attackers were armed with iron rods, baseball bats and cricket wickets. Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan told Network18 the attackers will be punished.

25 hurt as Shiv Sena attacks Mumbai Office

Mumbai, Nov 20 (ANI): At least 25 people were hurt when Shiv Sena allegedly attacked the offices of IBN7 and IBN Lokmat, the Hindi and Marathi news channels of the IBN Network on Friday afternoon. According to sources, several journalists were beaten up and office property was damaged. CNN-IBN sources quoted Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan and State Police Chief D.Shivanand as saying that action would be taken promptly against the attackers. The attack on the IBN offices was in response to the channel airing negative reports about the Shiv Sena and its chief Bala Saheb Thackeray. Media networks across the country have condemned the incident, saying it amounts to a clear attack on press freedom.

Listening to Rajiv Sardesai and watching CNN IBN right now. He says that Sanjay Raut (Shiv Sena paper Saamna editor) has said right now that those were Shiv Sena goons and they attacked IBN7 and IBN Lokmat offices in Mumbai and Pune as these two channels had supported Sachin over old fart Bal Thackeray. I hate goondagiri and undemocratic attitude and really this act was pathetic. Buddha ka party to khatam ho raha but hope that they do not go on violence seeing their end. MNS is enough of the crap and I dont want a bigger organization like Shiv Sena to join the violence now. :headshake:

Listening to Rajiv Sardesai and watching CNN IBN right now. He says that Sanjay Raut (Shiv Sena paper Saamna editor) has said right now that those were Shiv Sena goons and they attacked IBN7 and IBN Lokmat offices in Mumbai and Pune as these two channels had supported Sachin over old fart Bal Thackeray. I hate goondagiri and undemocratic attitude and really this act was pathetic. Buddha ka party to khatam ho raha but hope that they do not go on violence seeing their end. MNS is enough of the crap and I dont want a bigger organization like Shiv Sena to join the violence now. :headshake:
This will go on for sometime now. The problem is that MNS and SS are now entering into a phase of goondagardi contest. This is going to get very ugly.

And I was talking to a finnish guy yesterday about the virtues of nordic democracy and how I would like India to adopt it. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Nikhil wagle again lol..... no surprises .The guy who was attacked is a legend . He keeps on bashing shivsena and he gets bashed up for it time and again by shiv sainiks Sure has balls to take on the shivsainiks .These two hve a long history between them. He has landed up in hospital several times for these reason .The shivsainiks hate this guy a lot.The only reason why they attacked ibn office was it was primarily this guy who carried on the attacks against bal thackeray after they lost the maharashtra election and he openly critcised Thackeray for his comments on marathi manoos and on sachin tendulkar. I had watched his show on ibn lokmat and had a sneaky feeling he was going to get beat up again for this .lol...thats what happened. The man is awesome.These guys had only one target "Nikhil Wagle"