Happy Eid-Ul-Adha everybody

ViruRulez

Eid Mubarak bhai! :icflove: Bakri Biriyani :eating:
I like chicken biryani the most.. even today I have got chicken biryani .. I dont like mutton much except in momos etc.
So is it not derived from bakri (goat)? :dontknow:
I also thought it was derived from bakri :dontknow: In Arab countries, they sacrifice sheep and so I dont think it is named Bakr in Arabic

Just made some research on the Bakr thing. It is derived from "Bakri" which is the Hindi/Urdu word for goat. Even Eid-ul-Adha is derived from Indic languages such as Hindi, Urdu, Gujrati and Bengali. From wikipedia:

the festival is also called Baqra Id or Baqri Id, stemming either from the Arabic baqarah "heifer" or the Urdu word baqrī for "goat"
The Arabic term "Festival of Sacrifice", ‘Īd ul-’Aḍḥā was borrowed as a unit into Indic languages such as Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati and Bengali and Austronesian languages such as Malay and Indonesian.

Thanks everybody. My sis and mom are cooking Biryani right now. Kheer, Biryani, Chicken roast all nearly ready now, after Qurbani goat curry and other dishes will also be ready. And all the desserts, snacks, cakes etc. were already made yesterday. :yay::yay::yay: Thanks everybody and Eid Mubarak to you all. :icflove:
EID MUBRAK to all of you saale itna mat kha sun ke hi bhookh lag gayi hai.............kam se kam foto dikha de:((

EID MUBRAK to all of you saale itna mat kha sun ke hi bhookh lag gayi hai.............kam se kam foto dikha de:((
sorry bhai.. Teleportation technology aane tak bhej nahin sakta.. hopefully we will be able to teleport at least during our lifetime .. thanks anyways for your wishes and Eid Mubarak to you too :bow: