Jeet Lo Dil?...

We can now boast an embarrassment of riches in terms of opening batsmen. We have possibly the best opening pair in the World. Then, we have a guy that comes in and does a steady job, when one of the established pair has to attend anything such as a sister's wedding, or a cousin's friend's uncle's dog's previous owner's funeral. Furthermore, there are Akash Chopra, and Wasim Jaffer, who could both probably make it into many of the other Test sides... On the flip side, our beloved neighbours have had well documented issues in this department, for quite some time. It's time for an act of friendship. I suggest we donate 1, or 2 openers. Personally. I would suggest Jaffer. He is unlikely to feature in an Indian Test shirt ever again, yet was a decent player after getting to grips with this level. He also wouldn't have any issues with having to make any personal life changes to boost his career prospects within Team Pakistan. Will the BCCI go for it?...

Heresy. How dare you even think of disgracing one of Mumbai's finest by sending him across the border? :mad: (BTW, he doesn't have a long enough beard.)
I just feel sorry for the guy. He'd walk into almost any Test side, but is unlucky to play his cricket at a time when his country has 2 of their best 3 openers in their history...

I think we ought to send Aggy as an opener (loan to neighbors) after all he boasts a test century at Lord's which Butt saheb and Farhat can only dream about :desiman:

He wouldn't walk into any test side. I seriously love watching Jaffer bat. He's one of my favourite players, I love his elegance and the consistency with which he just piles up huge scores for Bombay, but really - he isn't a good enough player to be a 40++ average test opener. He's always had issues with a swinging ball when it's at more pace than what the domestic quicks will send down. And when he does get through a start, he has a very Mark Waughesque tendency to throw his wicket away with a loose shot or lapse in concentration. He could perhaps get away with that if he was a middle order bat and not exposed to a new ball so often, but you can't have iffy footwork against 85+ mph pace with swing, and then also poor concentration and be that good. That said, he's too good for Pakistan. At least enjoy some of the fine innings he produced for us when he did play. :isalute:

How was I trolling ? I just summarized your post. Can't play pace + swing + scores against trundlers on highways of India = FTB. P.S: Please give me more time to come good :pray:

There will be one day when india will beg for fast bowler from pak, and we are so ready to do some favour on our not so loved neighbours. its your dream to have a bowler who consistnly bowls at 90mph Akhtar-the need for speed is out of team- he is first in the list for donation and then we have some young tlent, can you remember under 19 world cup, anwar ali comes into mind, talha? no.......... then.. dont worry i will seach for a fast bowler in my village, surely he will be your best paceman, along side zaheer khan:--D

There will be one day when india will beg for fast bowler from pak, and we are so ready to do some favour on our not so loved neighbours. its your dream to have a bowler who consistnly bowls at 90mph Akhtar-the need for speed is out of team- he is first in the list for donation and then we have some young tlent, can you remember under 19 world cup, anwar ali comes into mind, talha? no.......... then.. dont worry i will seach for a fast bowler in my village, surely he will be your best paceman, along side zaheer khan:--D
Who needs pace bowlers when our openers (themselves) rake in more runs than your entire batting line up :yay:.
Do you have any bowler who consistently bowls 90MPH+ ? :finger: Akhtar the druggie is what you are getting proud of ? If Talha and Anwar ali were any good, would you be playing Rana Naved and Iftikhar Anjum in your recent series. :lmao:
How was I trolling ? I just summarized your post. Can't play pace + swing + scores against trundlers on highways of India = FTB.
Slightly better/less blatant attempt to troll, but I'm still not taking the bait. That said, when I eventually send you those SRT knocks I promised, I may have to replace some with a couple of renamed Jaffer innings in WI or South Africa in response. :P
its your dream to have a bowler who consistnly bowls at 90mph
Nope, it's my dream to have a team packed with powerhouse, record-destroying batsmen, and bowlers who hit a decent line/length, with plenty of skillful variation. We're not quite there yet. I saw what happened to some of your 90mph+ bowlers when they've faced the butcher of Delhi this decade. It was rape. Thanks for the offer though, keep practicing with the speed guns, the Circus may be interested in these kind of talents...
our worst pace bowler in current 11 is Gul. ye tindia will just have him for bowlin them awesome yorkers. aamer balls at 90mph, formula= consider he is a 17 year old school boy
What is the point of carrying them in your team when you can't win for nuts ? Moreover, whatever the good work they do is undone by your world class openers and sh*t scared seniors in batting department. Keep boasting about carrying 90 mph bowlers and we will be content with our glory to #1 rankings :yay:
Slightly better/less blatant attempt to troll, but I'm still not taking the bait. That said, when I eventually send you those SRT knocks I promised, I may have to replace some with a couple of renamed Jaffer innings in WI or South Africa in response. :P
...and I might replace Veeru's ((284*) hopefully I get my hands on them) with some of the brilliant paki batting in the recent past years Oh wait I can't :((
Do you have any bowler who consistently bowls 90MPH+ ? :finger: Akhtar the druggie is what you are getting proud of ? If Talha and Anwar ali were any good, would you be playing Rana Naved and Iftikhar Anjum in your recent series. :lmao:
thats what i mean we have too many good bowlers, its hard to choose from, should we choose from talent? then selectors think, domestic performance, and then in pakistan,there is politics at its best. and btw, rao iftikhar anjum has betteer record than your ishant sharma for the formt he has played, which is odi, and even he will replace him in your team.