Chiranjeevi resigns as MLA in support of United Andhra

ViruRulez

*Was an important figure in Andhra. Now a nobody. Doesn't really matter. He's humiliated himself enough over the past 2 years that he's lost all credibility that he had built up as an actor over the past 25-30 years. :hehe: Ah well, the only good thing is that he favors the same thing I do.

I know that chiranjeevi is an extremely popular figure but I can assure you Vijayakanth had a pretty significant impact on the 2006 assembly elections in TN. The way he split the votes resulted in victory for DMK and Karunanidhi. Vijayakanth is no light weight in politics.

he is showing that he is here to stay in politics. Six moths back ' date=' during AP election his party supported formation of Telangana, they went to voters claiming they'll get telangana if they are voted to power, now chiru resigns in favor of United Andhra...Shame on him[/quote'] that means he has arrived.

he is showing that he is here to stay in politics. Six moths back ' date=' during AP election his party supported formation of Telangana, they went to voters claiming they'll get telangana if they are voted to power, now chiru resigns in favor of United Andhra...Shame on him[/quote'] Thats wrong. He never said openly whether he supported Telangana or not. He kept saying that the people ought to come and decide if Telangana should be formed or not. In fact, he was even made fun of - for saying that because he had also said that only the Center asks to split the state, he would agree to it (but in fact, the state govt. has to issue a memo to the center asking for a division). All these days, he kept saying Congress has to fix the mess that it has created. This is the first time he has taken an open stand on it.