Watson gets paltry 15%fine

gaurav92

I'll just conclude by saying that ICC had no business to appoint someone like Broad in the first place given his obnoxious track record on the field as far as discipline is concerned and his off field support for institutionalized racist venturesAnd ever since his appointment 6 years back not once has he erred in favor of the black man and has repeatedly given soft sentences to white. Bear in mind, till a couple of years back or so even I used to think he is just an incompetent fool making rubbish judgment after another. But there has been no abating his rubbish judgments and over the years a clear pattern has emerged, not only with regards to his decisions but the language surrounding them to satisfy me that his actions are racially motivated. Perhaps it's not enough of a pattern for you, which is fine. You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.
. That argument is not devoid of any merit. One can forgive discrepant judgements made once or twice but if the same mistakes are repeated time and again, with increasing suspicion that it was deliberate, than such allegations are inevitably and perhaps understandebly raised. However, if any meaningful action is to be taken against Broad, which amounts to him being relieved of his duties in favor of someone who is more objective, fair and balanced, the party making the allegation has to provide the same irrefutable evidence of the kind I requested of you repeatedly. Until than, commentators, former players and those holding high positions in the cricketing fraternity can voice such concerns to no end, to which the ICC will simply turn a blind eye. Doesn't this than suggest an environment within the ICC that fosters such behavior ? The instance of Broad issuing soft sentences unequally was not the first and by no means the last, with umpires such as Darrell Hair and Steve Emerson coming to mind. What punishment was issued against Hair for his numerous transgessions against sub continental teams ? And what about the curious case of Steve Bucknor and his numerous "blunders" against India in favour of white teams ? My point is Shwetabh that a trend has been set and rogue officials are simply following the precedent. Such is the sad state of affairs. A satisfying debate nonetheless; :wtg: