[Rumor for now] Mancini replaces hughes at Manchester City

Guest Hiten.

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes has been sacked, a source inside the club has confirmed to ESPN Soccernet. The club are expected to announce that former Inter Milan Roberto Mancini will take over as manager at a press conference at 1930 GMT. City's chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak, and owner, Sheikh Mansour, had grown increasingly disillusioned with City's poor form, having watched Hughes' side win just twice in eleven league games. Hughes oversaw City's 4-3 victory over Sunderland on Saturday but he is thought to have known about his sacking before the game, and appeared emotional at the end of the match, apparently waving goodbye to the home supporters. City are up to sixth in the table but the 3-0 midweek drubbing by Spurs was the final straw for the owners, who are keen on an overhaul in order to keep the club's Champions League qualification hopes alive. After expensively assembling a squad - spending in excess of £150 million on the likes of Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor - Hughes had been under pressure to achieve immediate results, but after an excellent start to the season, in which City won six of their first seven league games, they stuttered. Seven consecutive league draw raised questions over Hughes' ability to gel together a squad of unquestionably talented individuals, though their have been a number of impressive results against the league's bigger teams. City beat Chelsea and outclassed Arsenal both in the league (winning 4-2) and in the Carling Cup (3-0) - booking a semi-final cencounter with city rivals Manchester United. But despite only losing twice this season, City lie sixth in the Premier League, four points adrift of fourth-placed Tottenham and the owners felt it was time for a change. The agent of Guus Hiddink revealed on Friday that City had been in contact with the Dutchman, while Jürgen Klinsmann and Jose Mourinho had also been linked with the job. But it appears Mancini, who won the Serie A title three times in four years with Inter, will be named as Hughes' successor.
Expected move, rich owners want instant results and have zero patience with their managers (I should and do know about this :((). I would be more interested to know who would be replacing the Spaniard at Anfield, because I think his days are numbered at LFC because not only have liverpool been kicked out of CL this year, there are HIGH chances of them missing the top 4 slot; forcing them to compete with the teams at the bottom of the barrel :hehe:

Disgraceful Mark Hughes is a quality manager who has done well. It takes time to get what is effectively an entirely new batch of players to gel. Amidst all the drawn matches there have been three defeats all season, which is not bad and there have been wins over big teams in that time span. They have been defensively poor its true but this is a poor show by City hierarchy. Hideous impatience The spurs defeat was the nail in the coffin And Im really not sure about Mancini who was lucky to win Serie A titles when both Juve and Milan were effected by the match fixing scandal. I doubt he will do well in the Prem

I think Mancini is a bad call, though he may have won 3 Italian leagues titles, in truth he has really won 1, as Juve and AC Milan were relegated to second division and then docked point the following season. Would have liked to have seen Jose taking the post at Man City, would have had some serious entertainmet.