VVS Laxman

Rohan495

Guest dada_rocks

Re: VVS Laxman I used to be freind with Munna Shukla a dreaded criminal an MLA of JD (U).. should I claim he is innocent :lmao: PS: I am not insinuating in anyway that laxman is criminal it's just an analogy. :hic:

Re: VVS Laxman

rahul .....do you call VVS ...uncle ???? :hic:
no, when i meet him, i call him Sai, as in, "Hey Sai, what are you reading lately? Did you read Pundits from Pakistan, Sai?" take it easy, R PS: ganging up on a lil kid behooves all of you esteemed posters. lagey raho.
:lmao: :lmao: cross connection rahul....i know you wouldn't call him uncle......i was asking rohan...sorry :hic:
Guest dada_rocks

Re: VVS Laxman Rahul bhai this is nice training for the kid and it will help him alot when he steps out of the house in this bad bad bad world and has no parental protection so in a way we are doing yeoman's job :lmao:

Re: VVS Laxman Laxman... :hail::hail::hail: He shook off the early jitters after Dhoni and Kumble's early dismissals and guided India past that 350 run mark. An absolutely vital knock, and arguably the best innings of the game. Take out his effort and the partnerships he built, and SA would have a relatively easier 300 run target to chase...Laxman effectively batted them out of the game !! :wtg:

Re: VVS Laxman He takes his time to settle down, and once he is set - he is difficult to budge. I have noticed this development in recent years. He has begun to compromise his flair and adopted a more cautious approach. Although Indian fans now miss out on seeing his naturally attacking game, the great thing about this development is that it has made him so damn good under pressure !! I watched every ball of his innings vs SL @ Ahmedabad, and he was just a class apart from the rest. India lost half their batting lineup with less 100 on the board, and after Dhoni's dismissal were 180 odd for 6 and Laxman batted almost all the way 'til the end and dragged India to a strong total of 350. Not to mention his gritty hundred at Faisalabad...India in pursuit of a massive 500+ total, lost Sehwag early for 34 and Laxman scored a superb hundred to take India up to 200 for 2, outshining Dravid in their big partnership while attacking Shoaib. This particular innings came in a similar situation, but on a tougher pitch and against a much better bowling attack !! The man is pure class...easily India's best test batsman after Dravid in recent times.

Re: VVS Laxman thank you for the credit, this man definitely deserves a pat on the back, hes always been an integral part in creating opprtunities for India to succeed whether it is simply saving India from defeat or playing crucial innings to help India win. He showed good leadership in the warm up match, took a great catch, showed his determination to improve between the wickets, and averaged 50.5 in the test match so far, but i heard hes been working on his bowlin also i would like to see him bowl a few offbreak overs throughout the tour, and hopefully he can make his way into the next one day series, then to the world cup.

Re: VVS Laxman You argue about Laxmans average: 30.76, look at other players around that average Younis Khan, Virender Sehwag, Sanath Jayasuriya, its not great but look at the names between the average 30-32, theyre all matchwinners in thieir own way, hopefully through this test series Laxman will become an automatic choice for one days over the likes of Kaif, Mongia, Raina, Laxmans class will anyday prevail over their fielding abilities, not too mention Laxman great fielding in the slip cordon as well as his improvement between the wickets, and also great leadership in the tour match, making critical moves, he should be Dravids deputy even in one days, trust me, with Laxman in the ODI squad, India will be dangerous in the world cup. You may come up with arguements against me, but just think about what i wrote. Hopefully Laxman can score maybe a big hundred, a double hundred which he is capable of doing as long as he passed the score of 20 and 30, he will always be dangerous, its important he shows his great concerntration, and stop edging balls to the keepers once he stops that, it is definite he can make a strong fluent score.