Umar Akmal is a potential batting great

Even I am saying he is good, and if you all know me -- a Pakistani has be decently good for me to say that. Let us put it this way -- after Anwar I am seeing sparks in some Paki batsman's eyes. Some might argue Inzi was also good -- but Inzi had his drawbacks. Though I don't like his stance one bit. Question is - will he last long doing what he is doing. We will see. If he succeeds even moderately averaging between 40 - 45 he will have far outdone the current bunch of Paki nincompoops!

what if we reach the final' date=' will anyone atleast then give us the respect, what did sri lanka do, win against zimbabwe and India, and they are in the final. luck favours the brave[/quote'] LOL , they won against WI , what did pakis did ? they won just one game super 8 and they r thoug to samis .

The lad is certainly talented. The closest to come to him in terms of talent in the current Pak squad is his elder brother. But having said that, it's way too early. I'd wait for at least another couple of years before rating him. P.S. On another note, you take away the Akmal brothers from the current Pak side, it would find it hard to compete even with Bangladesh. These two are the only guys with some ability in the batting department which is otherwise full of dead wood. Salman Butt did play that fantastic innings against New Zealand in that T20 recently, but one match doesn't make a player. He has disappointed terribly in the long run. As for one Misbah-ul-Haq, I still don't understand how the fans are keeping patience with him.

LOL ' date=' they won against WI , what did pakis did ? they won just one game super 8 and they r thoug to samis .[/quote'] oh yeh, they did, my bad but still to reach semis there is a fair route, and pakistan went through the process. majority of people on this forum do realise that, :icflove: zindabad
The lad is certainly talented. The closest to come to him in terms of talent in the current Pak squad is his elder brother. But having said that, it's way too early. I'd wait for at least another couple of years before rating him. P.S. On another note, you take away the Akmal brothers from the current Pak side, it would find it hard to compete even with Bangladesh. These two are the only guys with some ability in the batting department which is otherwise full of dead wood. Salman Butt did play that fantastic innings against New Zealand in that T20 recently, but one match doesn't make a player. He has disappointed terribly in the long run. As for one Misbah-ul-Haq, I still don't understand how the fans are keeping patience with him.
Why do you rate Kamran so highly, Bublu? He only averages 33 at Test level.
If you take out Laxman,Dravid & Tendulkar, Indian test team batting is on par with Pakistan. We recently saw how Indian team was thrashed by SA at home in 1st test without Laxman & Dravid.
I agre with you that Pak batting is not so good but we are still better than bangladesh! And i think you are overrating Kamran Akmal as a batsman!!!
You take out a couple of players from each side and they`re all crap then. :--D Sure teams depend a lot on some players. That`s part of the game