Aussies are so average now!

Thankyou, likewise. The reason I come on here is to exchange thoughts not to make it personal. I like the Aussie commentators as I can relate to their sense of humour but also because I'm Aussie. They are very bias to the Aussies at times, I can see why the rest of the world wouldn't like them haha.
I dont know about other people but I think that Chn 9 has the best commentary team in the world. Yes Healey is a **** and every time Mark Nicholarse lets out one of those grunty compliments its cringeworthy but I dont think any other team can offer the insights into the game the way Warne, Benaud, Chappell, etc can. The sky team with Pollock is quite good as well. All this compared to the great Neo Sports which has almost gone broke spending all its money getting the rights, that it can only afford people like SRK and Lal A. If things keep going at this rate mass genocide is a serious possibility.
I dont know about other people but I think that Chn 9 has the best commentary team in the world. Yes Healey is a **** and every time Mark Nicholarse lets out one of those grunty compliments its cringeworthy but I dont think any other team can offer the insights into the game the way Warne, Benaud, Chappell, etc can. The sky team with Pollock is quite good as well. All this compared to the great Neo Sports which has almost gone broke spending all its money getting the rights, that it can only afford people like SRK and Lal A. If things keep going at this rate mass genocide is a serious possibility.
Arun Lal is a decent commentator, really. :) Much better than say Sivaramakrishnan or even Ravi Shastri in my opinion. And yes, I like the 3 man commentary team and their garrulousness. I also like the particular team you mentioned - when they come together. But that is not too often. It is the partisan attitude that the rest display which overpowers everything else. ________ LIVEMATURECELY live
Arun Lal is a decent commentator, really. :) Much better than say Sivaramakrishnan or even Ravi Shastri in my opinion. And yes, I like the 3 man commentary team and their garrulousness. I also like the particular team you mentioned - when they come together. But that is not too often. It is the partisan attitude that the rest display which overpowers everything else.
Says a lot about our standards when someone considers Arun Lal a decent commentator :/ Hope to see people like Aakash Chopra in the mix of things sometime, hopefully. And I think you can get over the partisan nature after some time. And its not that extreme either (except with Healey), they all praised Manzoor, Asif, Roach, etc without any grudges. Either way, listening to Warne is amazing. He usually has something interesting to say everytime and as a club/uni XI leggie myself his tips/observations are very, very useful.
I dont think that this thread (or atleast the OP) was supposed to be taken seriously.
Yes it was. In last 12 months or so in tests series they have lost heavily to the world number 1 team INDIA, lost to SA, lost to England. That is very average. They are not rubbish just avergae. All they have done is manage to beat a poor windies side and a pathetic Pak side.
Channel 9 has the most rubbish, biased and idiotic commentary team in the world. Even if someone takes a bump ball catch and people around the world are watching the replay, these guys would go "Oh, what an absolute beauty there. Magnificent". Stuff worse than this happened during the infamous India tour to Australia in 2007-08. And Slater really takes patriotism a bit too seriously. He is like the Ramiz Raza of 2004. Ramiz has matured, Slater still has to. And for the record, ESPN Star has the best commentary team in the world. B->
Says a lot about our standards when someone considers Arun Lal a decent commentator :/ Hope to see people like Aakash Chopra in the mix of things sometime, hopefully. And I think you can get over the partisan nature after some time. And its not that extreme either (except with Healey), they all praised Manzoor, Asif, Roach, etc without any grudges. Either way, listening to Warne is amazing. He usually has something interesting to say everytime and as a club/uni XI leggie myself his tips/observations are very, very useful.
f.b.m - Akash Chopra? Seriously have you heard him commenting? It is a pity that he is such an eloquent writer but cannot for the love of god or money bring even a bit of it out when he is talking cricket. Be it on that talk show with Sangakkara, Manjrekar and co or sitting with that Radhakrishnan for Neo TV. Akash Chopra is a huge, huge let down and I expected a lot from him. About the Channel 9 commentary team, can you tell me what sort of criticism has ever been made about Ponting when they are on air? Please, name me one. Just one. They are the most partisan group of commentators I have ever heard. The only one who could give them a run for their money in terms of being partisan is the one and only Imran Khan. I cant think of any other parallels. Warne is decent and interesting. And with Benaud, the team gains some semblance of respectability. And f.b.m - I too am a leg spinner for my club and can attest to Warne's life saving tips. That is one reason why I force myself to listen to the rest just so I can pick something from him. ________ The Cliff Condominium
Channel 9 has the most rubbish, biased and idiotic commentary team in the world. Even if someone takes a bump ball catch and people around the world are watching the replay, these guys would go "Oh, what an absolute beauty there. Magnificent". Stuff worse than this happened during the infamous India tour to Australia in 2007-08. And Slater really takes patriotism a bit too seriously. He is like the Ramiz Raza of 2004. Ramiz has matured, Slater still has to. And for the record, ESPN Star has the best commentary team in the world. B->
Harsha Bhogle is not who he was. His standards have come down and his excitement levels have gone up just like the amount of hair on his head. But still he is head and shoulders above many others. I just love watching cricket on ESPN Star. Or even Star Cricket. Anything but Neo :) ________ Slim_body
Harsha Bhogle is not who he was. His standards have come down and his excitement levels have gone up just like the amount of hair on his head. But still he is head and shoulders above many others. I just love watching cricket on ESPN Star. Or even Star Cricket. Anything but Neo :)
++
Yes it was. In last 12 months or so in tests series they have lost heavily to the world number 1 team INDIA' date=' lost to SA, lost to England. That is very average. They are not rubbish just avergae. All they have done is manage to beat a poor windies side and a pathetic Pak side.[/quote'] It was the rebuilding year. Simple as that. We did manage to beat SA in their own yard for your own information. Losing to England was a dissapointment, but hey look at SA.. they haven't been doing too well against them either and that's in South Africa!

Ch. 9 commentary team are decent, they're a good laugh but unbelievably biased. They'll say anything to pro-Australia, even if it doesn't make any sense. When there are close decisions they're always clutching at straws to make it seem it should go Australia's way, good Tony Greig is there, he just tells them they're chatting sh!t in a subtle way

Ch. 9 commentary team are decent' date=' they're a good laugh but unbelievably biased. They'll say anything to pro-Australia, even if it doesn't make any sense. When there are close decisions they're always clutching at straws to make it seem it should go Australia's way, good Tony Greig is there, he just tells them they're chatting sh!t in a subtle way[/quote'] Tony Greig is the same though when it comes to England.
It was the rebuilding year. Simple as that. We did manage to beat SA in their own yard for your own information. Losing to England was a dissapointment, but hey look at SA.. they haven't been doing too well against them either and that's in South Africa!
I would point out that SA relaxed after their away victory in Australia. But I suspect you may not agree. By the way Bradman99 what are your views on Australian cricketers' behaviour on field? What were your thoughts on that Benn incident? And on Ponting pushing Bravo away? I am curious. ________ HotBellaXXX
I would point out that SA relaxed after their away victory in Australia. But I suspect you may not agree. By the way Bradman99 what are your views on Australian cricketers' behaviour on field? What were your thoughts on that Benn incident? And on Ponting pushing Bravo away? I am curious.
Don't agree at all with that, no team should be relaxing for such a big series. I think that in the past we had the attitude of do whatever it takes to win and that's one of the reasons we were so successful. As far as the current side is concerned I genuinely feel that they are filled with nice guys, except maybe Ponting who I can see why people may dislike him but again he's nowhere near as bad as people make out. With the Benn incident I think there are 2 sides to each story. I was actually on holiday at the time but managed to catch some highlights, I thought that it was Haddin and Johnson who were in at the time.. not Ponting? You have to know what was said really, but I think Benn was at fault for what he did with Johnson and Haddin at fault with what he did to Benn. But it happens in the heat of the moment, I don't like it when people carry on about it too much and have a sook.
Don't agree at all with that, no team should be relaxing for such a big series. I think that in the past we had the attitude of do whatever it takes to win and that's one of the reasons we were so successful. As far as the current side is concerned I genuinely feel that they are filled with nice guys, except maybe Ponting who I can see why people may dislike him but again he's nowhere near as bad as people make out. With the Benn incident I think there are 2 sides to each story. I was actually on holiday at the time but managed to catch some highlights, I thought that it was Haddin and Johnson who were in at the time.. not Ponting? You have to know what was said really, but I think Benn was at fault for what he did with Johnson and Haddin at fault with what he did to Benn. But it happens in the heat of the moment, I don't like it when people carry on about it too much and have a sook.
Well, I too dont agree with SA relaxing. But it definitely looked that way. Not deliberately of course. Just like how England relaxed after their Ashes win for example. Its a subconscious thing. About Ponting - no comments. I do not have a high opinion of him as a gentleman. And those are all based on his displays on the field. We are talking about two distinct incidents here. One - Where Ponting pushed Bravo mid pitch after the over was completed. Bravo protested with arms raised and then stood and stared at Ponting unbelievingly with arms on hips. Ponting merely pointed to the middle of the pitch with the bat and that was that. Bowden did not do anything - as always. This was not mentioned by any Channel 9 commentator and went unnoticed by all media houses. It boggles my mind how that transpired but that is how it did. Two - Benn was not the guilty party to start with. Haddin was. Glad you agree with that. Again you distinguish yourself from the Channel 9 commentary team in this. Next, as far as Johnson was concerned, there was no call for him to push Benn away. Benn was not touching Johnson at all. Physical contact was initiated by Johnson. Benn's arm had only accidentally brushed Johnson's helmet. There was no call for that. It is all out there in the replays. In the end Benn standing and staring at the two - towering above them, seems to be the enduring image. It was all a result of Haddin's rogue behaviour though. And Bollinger deserved to be punished long before he actually was. Can you imagine? A youngster not even into 10 Tests and he is swearing, kicking the ground and generally being grumpy and grouchy with the umpires? Not that a 300 Test veteran is more qualified to do that. Still, look at the irreverence. ________ apartments Pattaya
Well, I too dont agree with SA relaxing. But it definitely looked that way. Not deliberately of course. Just like how England relaxed after their Ashes win for example. Its a subconscious thing. About Ponting - no comments. I do not have a high opinion of him as a gentleman. And those are all based on his displays on the field. We are talking about two distinct incidents here. One - Where Ponting pushed Bravo mid pitch after the over was completed. Bravo protested with arms raised and then stood and stared at Ponting unbelievingly with arms on hips. Ponting merely pointed to the middle of the pitch with the bat and that was that. Bowden did not do anything - as always. This was not mentioned by any Channel 9 commentator and went unnoticed by all media houses. It boggles my mind how that transpired but that is how it did. Two - Benn was not the guilty party to start with. Haddin was. Glad you agree with that. Again you distinguish yourself from the Channel 9 commentary team in this. Next, as far as Johnson was concerned, there was no call for him to push Benn away. Benn was not touching Johnson at all. Physical contact was initiated by Johnson. Benn's arm had only accidentally brushed Johnson's helmet. There was no call for that. It is all out there in the replays. In the end Benn standing and staring at the two - towering above them, seems to be the enduring image. It was all a result of Haddin's rogue behaviour though. And Bollinger deserved to be punished long before he actually was. Can you imagine? A youngster not even into 10 Tests and he is swearing, kicking the ground and generally being grumpy and grouchy with the umpires? Not that a 300 Test veteran is more qualified to do that. Still, look at the irreverence.
I really didn't see the incident properly enough to judge. Did not see the Ponting incident at all, but maybe that's a good thing! As for the other incident I'l have to see it again because I remember Benn doing something which resembled something of a dick head.. As for Haddin, no excuses really, but I still like the guy for his no nonsense attitude, he just needs to use it for the right reasons. Is there a clip ? Bollinger, yeah that was a little embarrasing for him I guess..